Author Topic: Diplopia  (Read 10907 times)

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Diplopia
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 05:55:17 AM »
With time I believe more and more that this diplopia after rehabilitation is more of a brain's matter as Dr Alex and Jake say. They also say that with good vision habits and plus lenses the eye changes in a good way so fast that the brain can't catch up.

With my last measurements I can even see 20/20 only with one eye, the one that diplopia has gone away. The right one that I'm complaining about is about 20/40 and the bad thing is that it doesn't have one sharp image and a second more faint but the two images are about the same sharpness-darkeness or can even alternate the stronger image becoming weaker and vice versa.

So the most likely scenario is that my brain worked well for resolving diplopia in my left eye, gave his whole work on my left eye and left behind the other eye unregulated from diplopia.

So the eyes can heal quickly (about a diopter per year) from myopia but at the last dioptre the diplopia needs more time to be resolved by the brain (in order to catch up).

I also believe that if I hadn't diplopia at my right eye then this eye would be 20/20 now even if now is 20/40.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:08:31 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
Hi Alex,

A lot of people are successful - and don't know it.  From my own research, it is very clear that two NORMAL eyes can have a refractive difference of 3/4 to 1 diopter.  Believe it or not - that is normal.  Further, you test with both eyes open, on a bright Snellen, and you have 20/20.  That is real success, that all the rest of us can only dream about.

It my private judgment, if you are willing to continue, then both eyes will change by about +1/2 diotper, in about six months.  That means that one eye will have a "positive status" (totally normal), and the other eye will "get to" 20/20.  But this is totally personal.  The only person who can ever do this and judge this - is yourself. 

Thanks for your successful report - we need more people like you.

With time I believe more and more that this diplopia after rehabilitation is more of a brain's matter as Dr Alex and Jake say. They also say that with good vision habits and plus lenses the eye changes in a good way so fast that the brain can't catch uo.

With my last measurements I can even see 20/20 only with one eye, the one that diplopia has gone away. The right one that I'm complaining about is about 20/40 and the bad thing is that it doesn't have one sharp image and a second more faint but the two images are about the same sharpness-darkeness or can even alternate the stronger image becoming weaker and vice versa.

So the most likely scenario is that my brain worked well for resolving diplopia in my left eye, gave his whole work on my left eye and left behind the other eye unregulated from diplopia.

So the eyes can heal quickly (about a diopter per year) from myopia but at the last dioptre the diplopia needs more time to be resolved by the brain (in order to catch up).

I also believe that if I hadn't diplopia at my right eye then this eye would be 20/20 now even if now is 20/40.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply Mr Brown. Of course I will continue to wear plus lenses for all close work, even some mild plus for 1-2 hours when in home until as you said having a good +3/4 refractive state which means wearing +3/4D and seeing 20/20. But even if I don't succeed in that I'm very glad by now. My next step is patching and plus lenses for my right eye to catch up and doing my astigmatic wheel mod exercise, some months per year PVS and sometimes active focus with one eye.

Of course as you have written having a refractive difference of 3/4 to 1 dioptre is not a big deal in everyday life but I think beyond 0.5D difference I think one eye is becoming a little lazy if not corrected with lenses as I do not wear minus glasses at all so the blur zone is much closer in one eye.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:31:02 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2017, 03:44:07 PM »
I stood very lucky and noticed the following that supports more my claiming that diplopia in the last dioptre of rehab is astigmatism, exchanging dioptres for cylinders, principal meridians in the eye that don't come to emmetropic shape at the shame rate (?) or inner lens astigmatism that maybe due to the visual cortex not controlling the eye well.

I was watching tv and tilting my almost empty glass of water. Than starting playing and saw through the prism (glass) with my eye that has diplopia. I saw almost 20/20 with no diplopia and read letters that couldn't before, just looking through the glass! Then thought that the external and internal surface of the glass of water is CYLINDER, the same word for measuring astigmatism and the same surface as prisms-lenses for astigmatism!

My glass of water was almost empty, it was not big in diameter and I had to tilt it in order to look through only one layer of glass and not two(=through the whole tumbler).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 03:48:07 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:26 PM »
Finally, Jake suggests something when the visual acuity ratio is significant. He suggests only about 15 minutes per day of patching the strongest eye for near vision.

http://endmyopia.org/pro-topic-diopter-equalizing-patching-video/

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »
Tried dr Davidoff's program again for about 8 months with no result in my diplopia. Have been doing the warm up eye rolls with more up and down repetitions due to astigmatism and doing the divergence-convergence eye exercise with the Arabic symbol wearing 1,5D plus lenses. Every day for half an hour with no result. The dr remove his latest posts to and he only sells his improved system-program

http://www.forbestvision.com/page/3/

He is kind enough to reply in some questions.