Author Topic: Trouble with focusing/clearing blur on familiar material and blinking  (Read 4709 times)

Offline NickGrouwen

Re: Trouble with focusing/clearing blur on familiar material and blinking
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2014, 12:52:54 PM »
Hi just a quick update, it turned out the technique does work but it wasn't so effective after all compared to what I what I did before, which is what I called print pulling. Also, it was very boring, and I always like to have fun in whatever it is I do, so that includes practicing. So that sucks but print pulling still does the job great and it's still super fast compared to print pushing in my case.

Today, after about a week of using the eye patch on my stronger right eye, I have finally gotten my left eye to match up with my right eye. I am extremely excited.

jansen, if you're stuck, try print pulling:
- Sit at your computer screen and pull up your favorite website with fun text that is entertaining to read. Basically, try to avoid any boring text when doing this exercise. Having fun while practicing is a very important part of the process. I want people to have fun when they practice.
- Instead of starting with a clear view of the text and gradually moving away as in print pushing, in print pulling you start with the text blurry. The blurrier, the faster you're going to progress. Jansen you said you have hit a plateau so try to really make the text as blurry as you possibly can, up to a point that the text is very blurry but legible when you focus on it for about 10 seconds to 2 minutes or so.
- Treat it like a game. Try to read through the extremely blurry text. Clearing the blur completely would be nice but is not completely necessary and I myself don't bother with that, my vision is still improving fast, regardless. You'll know you've cleared some blur when you finally at least recognize or can read the whole word, at which point you get this satisfying AHA! feeling. If after about two minutes or whatever amount of time you prefer, you still haven't been able to recognize or read the word, try very carefully, very slowly pulling in to the text. Lean forward very slowly. At some point you'll be like AHA! that's the word. Now lean back and move on to the next word.
- That's it, I've found out that some other people have already kind of stumbled across the same exercise, but in my version you make the text REALLY blurry, not just slightly, and you have to pull in very very slowly. This is basically reverse print pushing. The key is focus. It's all about focusing on far away objects.

And of course, very importantly, make it a habit to turn all near work into far work. Try to make everything you look at blurry by moving screens and books away from you;. If you've got to read something fast, then always make it at least minimally blurry (this is also how you ensure you preserve your vision gains). Focus on far away objects during every free moment you have, even if it's seconds. Try to always look at far away objects. The more you do this all day, the better.
Myself, I've started out about two weeks ago sitting very closely at the screen, and now I'm almost at the point that I'm going to have to turn up the screen resolution or decrease the font size in my browser or get some reading glasses.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 12:57:15 PM by NickGrouwen »

Offline jansen

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2014, 03:16:02 PM »
Thank you Nick for sharing your method! I read some of your other posts as well about the eyepatch. I got myself one and am trying it out by patching the stronger eye to train the weaker one
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:25:05 PM by jansen »

Offline NickGrouwen

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 01:55:51 PM »
Good luck man and just wear the patch on your stronger eye as much as possible. It's worked really fast in my experience - my left eye was a LOT weaker than my right but after just one week of patching and non-stop practicing with it, it now matches my right eye in strength, Now both eyes are doing the same amount of work instead of just my right eye.

Offline jansen

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2014, 08:00:18 AM »
Just one week to bring both your eyes back level? Nice!! In my case, my right eye is almost a diopter weaker than my left, but i'll take as much improvement as I can get

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2014, 04:32:35 AM »
Glad to see you are improving! I'm very interested in your method to improve eyesight quickly, as i have been stuck in a plateau for over 2 yrs now

Hi Jansen,

have you tried active focus as described by Dr Alex (post with the digital clock photo) or Capital Prince? In my case it has helped me break a plateau at about -0.5D.