Author Topic: Hocus Focus: the ultimate edition  (Read 2597 times)

Offline NickGrouwen

Hocus Focus: the ultimate edition
« on: September 08, 2014, 12:26:44 AM »
Ok I am very sorry but I had to make a new thread for this exercise, since I just realized that I wrote too much about a very simple exercise. I am burnt out from racking my brain and writing too much about my experience of imoroving my vision, it's just a bad habit of mine, when it really is so simple and does not and SHOULD NOT require any mechanical process. The most important thing is here is exactly that you DO NOT follow any mechanical process, but that you simply let go, have fun and focus on many different objects.  I am very sorry (especially to jimboston) but I will not give out any details on how to blink or move your eyelids or clear the blur or when to take breaks or whatever. When me and my friends started doing this exercise, we never worried about what it is exactly that we should do and we still don't - yet we're seeing better and better every single day. I also realized that the process is so different for every individual, that no one should worry about how I focus and what I experience. I realized that I was trying to streamline and mechanize the process too much. This is wrong and I apologize for that.

Please disregard everything I wrote in the old thread, and do this exercise like me and my friends did, without any worries about how to do it, just let go, have fun and just focus. Practice with friends. Have music playing. Anything to make it a fun process. You WILL naturally and automatically find your own different ways of focusing and you will improve your vision very, very fast. Again I do not take credit for this exercise:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOCUS FOCUS
In my opinion, hands down the ultimate, simplest, fastest vision improvement exercise there is, after four years of doing out many different vision/eye exercises.

In a nutshell: for at least an hour or as long as you can a day, simply focus on a very small, very blurry very and distant object and try to see it clear. That's it. The further, the blurrier and the smaller the object, the better. Something the size of a dot or even a pinpoint - shiny things work best in this case. Absolutely NO distracting thoughts allowed - it is important to concentrate solely on focusing. Try from time to time keeping the eyes open for as long as possible - this aids tremendously in focusing. Be sure to blink a lot afterwards.
If farsighted, focus on a very blurry nearby object.
Make sure to switch between near and far objects from time to time.
Patch your stronger eye from time to time to train the weaker eye.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:19:15 PM by NickGrouwen »

Offline kenS

Re: Hocus Focus: the ultimate edition
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »
I have a couple of questions:
You wrote:

In a nutshell: for at least an hour or as long as you can a day, simply focus on a very blurry distant object and try to see it clear. That's it. The further, the blurrier and the smaller the object, the better....

One important, but obvious and pretty much automatic thing anyways, is to NEVER keep your eyes still. They must always be moving

First, how does one focus on a distant object while always keeping the eye moving?

Second, are you focusing on the distant object with undercorrected lenses or with no lenses?  I would think the effect would be the same as long as the object is blurry (the only difference being that the object being focused on when wearing the lenses will be farther away than the object focused on without using lenses).

Thanks

Offline NickGrouwen

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »
I have a couple of questions:
You wrote:

In a nutshell: for at least an hour or as long as you can a day, simply focus on a very blurry distant object and try to see it clear. That's it. The further, the blurrier and the smaller the object, the better....

One important, but obvious and pretty much automatic thing anyways, is to NEVER keep your eyes still. They must always be moving

First, how does one focus on a distant object while always keeping the eye moving?

Second, are you focusing on the distant object with undercorrected lenses or with no lenses?  I would think the effect would be the same as long as the object is blurry (the only difference being that the object being focused on when wearing the lenses will be farther away than the object focused on without using lenses).

Thanks
Hi, the eyes are always moving, they're making saccadic movements that we're really not aware of. Actually I should probably just remove that line since it's pretty much an automatic thing anyways. Don't worry about it and just focus, The smaller and further the point you're focusing on the better.

No lenses, bare eyes are the best for this exercise.

Enjoy 8)

Offline kenS

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:32:50 AM »
Μe too I don't stare at only one letter on the Snellen but slowly I focus on each letter in active focus.

Offline NickGrouwen

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »
Jist thought I'd emphasize the point of focusing on an as small as possible object you can find.

My vision improvents are exponentially increasing every week now. Having started at about waaay worse than 200/20 vision three weeks ago, and now being able to read with no problem the 20/30 line.

I used to say to improve vision, simply focus on an distant, blurry object for an extended period of time. Now I'd like to definitely put heavy emphasis on small. Make the object you're practicing with as smallas possible, yet still clearly distinguishable from the background and surroundings.

This past week I have really started tp pick smaller and smaller objects to practice with, seeing that they are indeed more effective than larger ones. I now practice with a shiny bold on a dark piece of wood far off into the distance. It is the size of pinpoint in my field of vision.  It is not all that blurry honestly but it still is yet it is also easily distinguishable due to it being shiny, reflecting light coming from the lamps.

Right now I can safely say that I have had yet more vision improvement in the past week than in the three weeks before that, and somewhere in THOSE three weeks I have already said that my vision has improved more in those weeks than in the past 4 years :D

So not just the blur is important, but the size of the object as well. I urge all of you practicing this exercise to do keep using different objects for variety and to have fun. But make sure the object is small.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:15:32 AM by NickGrouwen »