Author Topic: Help needed to correct unequal eyes with low myopia  (Read 4196 times)

Offline LowMyope

Help needed to correct unequal eyes with low myopia
« on: February 08, 2016, 12:46:11 PM »
Hi,

I got lasik 13 years ago and recently got -1.5 in left eye and -0.25 in right eye. I am 38 and the doctor said not to correct it as this is a good situation as hyperopia approaches. However, I struggle with my vision as it is no longer clear. I started the plus lens approach mainly following Todd Becker video.

I am in front of computer all day, so I started using +0.75 for about 1.5 to 2 feet away for about 2-3 hours. (I could not adjust to +1 or higher). At night I use 1.25 for near reading - I use this 2-3 times a week for 30 mins each. This is for subtle print pushing when I can during this time. I have been at it for about a month.

For distance, I have kept -1 for left and 0 for right for car driving at night, but I have not used it at all. I used these distance glasses twice recently and felt I saw everything with -1 left / 0 right glasses. But off late I feel that my distance vision is deteriorating. I see blurry. I do get patches of clarity when I blink or focus. But I am getting tired of doing it. I have a slight headache most of the time.

I need help and guidance. Is my approach of correct? Plus for near, I rarely use distance glasses, but I got lower number then prescribed. I know I haven't measured or logged my vision, I should. Any suggestions on best approach.

Is the difference in my 2 eyes so much that I need different PLUS corrections for each eye? Any suggestions on how much.

I am motivated but feel a bit lost. Need guidance on the right approach to take and for how long.

Thanks,

NB

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Help needed to correct unequal eyes with low myopia
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 01:04:01 PM »
Hi LowMyope,

since the difference is greater than 0.5D between the two eyes I think you should have different plus lenses also or else only the good eye will try to focus well and do the work.

You could also patch and work-see with the weaker eye while doing print pushing until it improves.

Offline LowMyope

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 10:17:29 AM »
thank you. will try that and report.
Any suggestions what different + strengths for each eye? (left is -1.5, right is -0.25)

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:39 PM »
For computer use it is about +1D added to the refractive state of each eye, for close reading it is about +2,25D add to the refractive state of each eye and for far seeing undercorrection about +0.5 to +0.25D.

Here is a relevant video of Mr Otis Brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMXO-ve9eo
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:03:26 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline LowMyope

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »
Thanks Alex. Sorry for asking a bit more help.

So my current prescription is Left -1.5 and Right -0.25 (which i do not wear as I don't feel the need mostly except some evening driving)

Per your suggestion:
For Computer it would be +1 to my current state, so Left -0.5 and Right +0.75
For Reading it would be + 2.5 to my current state, so Left +1.5 and Right +2.25

--------
The above seems off for computer as I need + lenses. The suggested formula still keeps me in minus.
I currently have +0.75 for both eyes for computer. But I feel I am not working my weak left eye with it.

--------
I feel +0.75 is fine for left eye, which is myopic and weak. How can i stop my right good eye to not take over. What should be the right eye PLUS prescription?

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:20:35 AM »
Yes, that is what I described.

"The above seems off for computer as I need + lenses."
There is nothing magical about plus lenses. If the refraction state in one eye is below -2,5D (about) he cannot just buy glasses with two plus lenses even if his other eye has 0 refractive state. I suggest reading De Anglelis's book "The Secret of Perfect Vision: How You Can Prevent or Reverse Nearsightedness", it says with details what lenses should be used and about different refraction states in the two eyes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:04:51 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline LowMyope

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 12:50:28 PM »
Thanks again. Let me go through the book. Will update the results.

But I get the point that I need different plus for both eyes.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 02:54:23 PM »
The eye doesn't benefit if the image is too blurry or the letters are unreadable. If you have time, while you are on the computer with your plus lenses of +0,75D, once you have found the edge of blur close your right eye. I bet you cannot even read the letters on the screen. So the left eye just gives up focusing well but when you have both eyes open you don't notice this.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:58:12 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline LowMyope

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 02:37:08 PM »
I finally got to do the measure my vision today. It was bright and sunny, I took a good bright spot and measured my vision with 20 feet and 10 feet charts. To my total surprise I could read 20/20 with both my eyes. With my left eye I am at 20/25 and right eye 20/25 but with double vision. I am so thrilled.

Last August the doctor had prescribed L -1.5 (20/70) and R -0.25 (20/25). I started the plus theory off and on since 10th December. But amplified it in January for intermediate and closeup work with 2 pair of glasses.

I am thinking that I had transient myopia condition and I jumped on the correction bandwagon and got these results.

I still do struggle some days and some evenings and after getting tired of all day computer work. Maybe it is just in my brain. I am too conscious and expect a lot more. But I believe that if the expectation is reasonable when I am not thinking about it, I see just fine. Weird but true.

Logging is a must. I will experiment further and measure my vision at different light conditions and give the results.

I do need suggestions on 2 things:
1. How to improve vision in low light condition
2. How to make my brain recondition that I see just fine.

I will continue with the Plus therapy for prevention, removing double vision and getting 100% 20/20, even at night. I think I am not far and can do it.

All the blogs from Jake, Otis, Todd and all the user's experiences have definitely helped me. Thanks to all of you.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 04:14:01 AM »
You are lucky that you doing this measures to cure myopia only just half a year from your first prescription. I hope you cure faster than me who wore glasses for 17 years and had stair case myopia induced by minus. My doctor had told me that it is not bad to read with my minus and did that back then!!!

Offline LowMyope

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Thanks Alex.

Well, I wore glasses for 14 years before getting lasik. Then good eyesight lasted for 13 years and I got low myopia. Now I am on my path to cure it naturally and am encouraged by this tremendous progress. I want to keep it and strengthen it.

Offline okdonald50

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 09:25:45 PM »
I finally got to do the measure my vision today. It was bright and sunny, I took a good bright spot and measured my vision with 20 feet and 10 feet charts. To my total surprise I could read 20/20 with both my eyes. With my left eye I am at 20/25 and right eye 20/25 but with double vision. I am so thrilled.

Last August the doctor had prescribed L -1.5 (20/70) and R -0.25 (20/25). I started the plus theory off and on since 10th December. But amplified it in January for intermediate and closeup work with 2 pair of glasses.

I am thinking that I had transient myopia condition and I jumped on the correction bandwagon and got these results.

I still do struggle some days and some evenings and after getting tired of all day computer work. Maybe it is just in my brain. I am too conscious and expect a lot more. But I believe that if the expectation is reasonable when I am not thinking about it, I see just fine. Weird but true.

Logging is a must. I will experiment further and measure my vision at different light conditions and give the results.

I do need suggestions on 2 things:
1. How to improve vision in low light condition
2. How to make my brain recondition that I see just fine.

I will continue with the Plus therapy for prevention, removing double vision and getting 100% 20/20, even at night. I think I am not far and can do it.

All the blogs from Jake, Otis, Todd and all the user's experiences have definitely helped me. Thanks to all of you.

I think, you can continue the Plus therapy along with some small eye exercises to improving the vision. Another natural method to increase your eye health is the intake of healthy foods like fish, fresh vegetables, and fruits. Don't try to read for long type, it will make your eyes tired. After my femtosecond laser surgery, my ophthalmologist in Washington had advised me to follow a diet which enhances eye health. He also suggested some easy eye exercises and eye massage tips for better vision. If you are trying to improve your vision naturally, then try to avoid bright light directly to the eye and roll your eyes frequently. By the way, do you smoke? If yes, then quit it. Smoking will adversely affect our vision.

Offline LowMyope

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 10:40:22 AM »
That is interesting. What eye exercises do you suggest? I do get occasional eye pain and blurry vision. I wish to avoid it this and also be on path to improve vision. Also, please suggest the specific foods you mention. No i do not smoke. Foodwise, I only eat chicken in meat, no fish.