Author Topic: Really need a helping hand here.  (Read 213 times)

Offline gekonus

Really need a helping hand here.
« on: July 27, 2017, 10:11:50 PM »
Todd, I hope you'll see this somehow. Ive been trying almost everything I believe, I watched all of Jake Steiner's videos on active focusing, plus lenses, distance viewing etc etc. The only thing Im getting is these clear flasehs (sometimes of great clarity) which never last and do absolutely nothing to your overall average visual acuity.
Im a really low myope (around -0.75 or less), my left eye centimeter measurements alot lower than the right (80cm for the left and maybe 110 for the right).
Maybe the reason I didnt see results is because its alot harder to do active focus when one eye sees better and does most of the work?
Should I equalize my prescription? For example, just going for walks with a plano diopter lense for my right eye, and a -0.25 for the left?
Another thing I learned is something called "Blur Adaptation" which means, that if your brain is never used to clear image/ you will never improve. Have you heard this term? And maybe instead of going no glasses outside, I should see almost 20/20 ALL THE TIME to get the visual cortex used to the clarity?
My average visual acuity is about 20/40 in good indoor lighting.

And how about sleep? i usually wake up with worse vision than usual for a few minutes, maybe this takes a part aswell?

I know this is rather long, Im sorry, but after seeing almost no results for years, I really might be missing something.

Thanks in advance

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Really need a helping hand here.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 12:52:39 AM »
Jake suggests patching the stronger eye for 15 minutes per day. I have the same problem with visual acuity ratio. I patch a bit longer time.

Offline gekonus

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:13:12 AM »
Does that help you ? I tried it too. Have you managed to reduce diopter ratio yet?

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:12:37 AM »
While doing print pushing when patching for 15'-30' per day, I know that some blur dissolves but the results are not permanent. When watching with both eyes again the brain tries to see from the strongest eye easily and without diplopia. I haven't results in reducing diopter ratio for more than a year. It is a difficult diopter ratio problem combined with diplopia that prevents further improvement with plus lenses.

I've been doing forbestvision program again for about a year with 0 results for my ratio. Dr Davydoff suggested more up and down eye movement for those with astigmatism in the eye stretching exercise but with no result for me.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:16:10 AM by Alex_Myopic »