Author Topic: Eyesight without glasses  (Read 440096 times)

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Eyesight without glasses
« Reply #990 on: November 21, 2013, 01:03:27 PM »
Something about the biochemistry of the eye. Iodine salt does good for the eye. Mg, Cu and Zn are good for the synthesis of hyaluronic acid which is very usefull in the structure of the vitreous body that plays a great role in eye floaters (and also the structure  of the sclera I believe). All these are from the book:

http://www.myopia-manual.de/

Himalayan salt has all the above natural substances and also our tears are 1% salty. "Unrefined sea salt is healthy. The blood-pressure-raising effect of table salt can be due to its high content of sodium with not enough magnesium to balance it."

http://drsircus.com/medicine/salt/real-salt-celtic-salt-and-himalayan-salt
http://rense.com/general80/salt.htm

So maybe the following eyewash with Himalayan salt is very beneficial (I have boiled the water before for disinfection):
http://translate.google.gr/translate?sl=en&tl=el&js=n&prev=_t&hl=el&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.house-of-light.gr%2Fhealth-therapy%2F-%2Fefarmoges-me-alati-himalaion.html&act=url

http://www.liftyourspirit.co.uk/salt-therapies.php

The above answer of me was triggered by TomLu's observation about difficulties in myopia due to sclera tissue weakening and elongation.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:13:40 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #991 on: November 26, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »
I have done daily use twice/day and haven't an irritation, not even once. Maybe tree times per day is too much as suggested in the links.
For others maybe once per day is too much. Natural Himalayan salt has also antibacterial properties.

Offline svartberg

« Reply #992 on: December 07, 2013, 03:20:38 AM »
Got my +0.5 and +0.75 lenses and progressing steadily.

Worth noting quite a difference with anti-glare coating on new ones, seems important for computer print pushing

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #993 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:56 AM »
I'm now at 20/32 with good lighting but noticed as others that with each eye I see two sharp images at the Snellen chart (one more intense than the other) and not when I look with both eyes, then I see one image of the letters. Will this go away as I improve?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 02:54:17 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #994 on: December 18, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »
Hi Alex,
In reading Dr. Alex's blog, and the experience of others who have the long-term persistence of wearing a proper-strength plus, it is clear that slight "ghosting", is part of the recovery process.  (In monitoring your own Snellen - you see things most people would never see - because they never look.)  For pilots, who MUST read the 20/20 line, there is no requirement for "ghosting".  You just must read 1/2 the letters on the 20/20 line.  As always,  I would rather go though life with 20/20 (and ghosting), than to have 20/70 vision. 

I'm now at 20/32 with good lighting but noticed as others that with each eye I see two sharp images at the Snellen chart and not when I look with both eye I see one image of the letters. Will this go away as I improve?

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #995 on: December 18, 2013, 05:06:06 AM »
Thanks for your answer. It is not annoying since with both eyes this effect doesn't exist (weird). I'll search for previous analysis of this matter in this forum.

Offline svartberg

« Reply #996 on: December 26, 2013, 03:45:11 AM »
Just hit +0.75 this week, making steady progress

I know I'm just starting out, but it's pretty amazing seeing scenery much sharper when I take a walk, esp the trees nice !

I'm now at 20/32 with good lighting but noticed as others that with each eye I see two sharp images at the Snellen chart (one more intense than the other) and not when I look with both eyes, then I see one image of the letters. Will this go away as I improve?

Weird I get this too, I can see much clearer with both my eyes though ...
I was tracking snellen for each eye separately, but based on your post I should probably check for both eyes as well from now on, cheers mate

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #997 on: December 26, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
I hope you will succeed Svartberg. Maybe if this ghosting goes away with time then we could be near 20/20 in good lighting. Checking with both eyes, vision is always about 15% stronger from the best eye.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:31:03 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline svartberg

« Reply #998 on: December 26, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
I hope you will succeed Svartberg. Maybe if this ghosting goes away with time then we could be near 20/20 in good lighting. Checking with both eyes, vision is always about 15% stronger from the best eye.

Cheers mate you too, from what I see you're doing great so far

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #999 on: December 27, 2013, 10:52:09 AM »
Mr Otis Brown has given us studies that we can expect a rate of about +0.5D improvement per year, especially in the last hard myopic diopter. I am thinking that even though I broke a plateau with PVS maybe sitting in another one for many months  is not too wise, in relation to the time spent (of course I'll continue the plus lenses which do not consume any time or much efford).

Has anyone tried the "Rebuild Your Vision" method? I saw a post here about the The Bershak method which is a spin-off of the previous method but I saw too few exercises in the Bershak method and he also give less attention to the ciliary body and inner lens in relation to myopia.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:54:38 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2013, 05:09:11 AM »
Very good results with PVS and heavier (in time) use of plus lenses!

I checked on Snellen today and I'm now at 20/25 without glasses. My previous measurement was on a cloudy day only with artificial lighting a month ago, so I didn' t have any improvement and I thought PVS was not so strong. But after a month and two days I waited for a sunny day to do the Snellen because the sun is the best light for human eye. I was at a plateau of 20/32 for 2-3 months. PVS and heavier in time (not in diopters) helped me also break my 20/40 plateau.

The bad results are that my left eye although I patch is about 20/32 and I missed one out of five letters of 25f line.

After reading some Alex Eulenberg's notes, I patch my eyes (more time the stronger one) when using plus lenses in order to get better results and equalize the refractive error. When reading a book or at the computer we only need 2D so it' s not a problem patching then. I believe it's affective as doing a 7kg weight exercise with one hand instead with both. In this way it also zeros Convergence in the A/C ratio.

I'll definitely continue PVS with heavy plus (and also fruits like blueberry and Himalaya sea salt solution eye drops...).
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:53:54 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline PROH

« Reply #1001 on: January 03, 2014, 12:25:26 AM »
Todd

Sorry for not replying to you your last comment

Proh,

That's great to hear of the progress with your young daughter.  I know you had earlier said how challenging it was to keep her using plus lenses or print pushing, given her age.  Can you say more about how you were able to gain her cooperation?  Other people with younger children have had a frustrating time working with their children -- even children much older than your daughter.

Todd

Not much success for any active work with Plus. The only habit she has now to use plus to do all near work & some times  when just playing indoor.
She does not use any minus in school as the font size is still big enough for her to read . & uses Plus only at home .

I tried may time to make her read a book from distance but still struggling with that habbit . Her attentaion span is too small & I don't know how much blur she is reading & she just keeps moving .

Any suggestion you can make.

Proh

Offline svartberg

« Reply #1002 on: January 03, 2014, 02:32:35 AM »
Btw I'm doing a different routine than most people here, I use 3 different plus lenses spread throughout the day, as the human vision seems to degrade towards nighttime
So atm 0.75 morning, 0.5 noon, 0.25 evening .. seems to work so far

Tested my snellen, almost hit 20/40 missing just one letter ! (I think I was 20/50 originally)
Left eye still at 20/50, but right eye went from 20/100 to 20/70, good times.

I checked on Snellen today and I'm now at 20/25 without glasses ...

Awesome man, really inspiring post !
Can't wait to cross the 20/30 line !

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #1003 on: January 03, 2014, 05:55:44 AM »
great to hear the success and progress. Are you guys sure there is no "placebo" effect in this? For example if i focus on a snellen and blink a few times i can read 20/20. But if i just walked up to a Snellen i can most like read 20/30 clearly and it takes a few seconds for the 20/25 to clear. So i would just call my vision 20/30. That's why its so hard for me to measure progress.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #1004 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:21 AM »
Hi Svartberg,

Subject: Each effort is unique - to the person who wears the plus correctly.

I am a stickler to define success.  Obviously I agree that getting to 20/40 (read 1/2 the letter correctly) is a major success.  Teaching yourself to be consistent with the plus is another "learining" experience.  Also using a consistent brightly lit Snellen is of value - so we can compare your results with our results.

Nothing succeeds like success.  From all that I have learned, this is a long-term process.  But exceeding that 20/40 line, objectively, is a large part of "winning the war".

Just keep at it, my friend.

Btw I'm doing a different routine than most people here, I use 3 different plus lenses spread throughout the day, as the human vision seems to degrade towards nighttime
So atm 0.75 morning, 0.5 noon, 0.25 evening .. seems to work so far

Tested my snellen, almost hit 20/40 missing just one letter ! (I think I was 20/50 originally)
Left eye still at 20/50, but right eye went from 20/100 to 20/70, good times.

I checked on Snellen today and I'm now at 20/25 without glasses ...

Awesome man, really inspiring post !
Can't wait to cross the 20/30 line !