Author Topic: Sugardude's Diet Puzzle  (Read 69714 times)

Offline SUGARDUDE

Re: Sugardude's Diet Puzzle
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2013, 06:54:36 AM »
I've now completed three weeks with no processd sugar.  The aminos are truly amazing.   It truly takes willpower out of the equation.

During these three weeks there were a couple of times where I gave in and drank diet soda.  This was a bad idea. I found  myself fighting off cravings the rest of the day.  But even so, I was successful.

Diet wise, there was no weight loss, but that's not a big deal.  I can adjust my calorie intake or increase my cardio if need be.   

Due to what appears to be increased nighttime hunger, I'm going to experiment with eliminating my 5-HTP dose.  Just a gut feeling that it's somehow related.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:45:54 PM by SUGARDUDE »

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the progress report. 

So the "aminos" you are referring to are tyrosine, glutamine, and DL-phenylalinine? What dose and frequency of each?  And why do you take the racemic mixture of the phenylalanine?

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
I'm taking 500 mg of the DLP and 1000 mg of Tyrosine twice a day.  Once dose when I wake up and the second dose at 10:00 am.

I've been mixing 5g of Glutamine in water and drinking just before or with meals 3 times a day.

I've just been following the recommendation from the book regarding the DLP. No other reason.

I've been off 5-HTP for two days and the nighttime hunger has disappeared.  The weight is coming off again.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2013, 09:50:52 PM »
I went 27 days before I decided to enjoy a cheat day.  It was glorious.

The exciting news was that there was no problem at all going back on the wagon.  The weight that I gained on the cheat day has disappeared after two days.

I dropped 10.5 pounds in those first 27 days.   My next short term goal will be to lose another 8.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2013, 07:01:22 PM »
Well the magic has disappeared.  Three days in a row now that I have been gorging on sweets.  Maybe, it's because I stopped the 5-HTP or maybe my body has adjusted.   The change was quite sudden though.

I'm going to take the 5-HTP tonight and see what happens tomorrow.

I tried increasing the dlpa today but that didn't matter.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2013, 10:06:26 PM »
The magic is back.  Quitting the 5-HTP was a huge mistake.   I'm back on track now.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #171 on: August 14, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »
Since I last checked in it's been a rough go.  I'm still plugging away.  One mistake I'd been making was taking glutamine with meals.  Going back to the book, the aminos should be taken a half an hour before or 90 minutes after any meal containing protein.   The other thing is that I have to reach for the Glutamine during a heavy craving instead of a cookie.  I have been fine all day until about 20 minutes ago.   I almost got in the car to go get some junk, but then I remembered to take some glutamine under my tongue.  Problem solved.

I want to put together another long string of days without sweets.  Weekends make it tough.

I'm almost done with day 1........again.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #172 on: September 01, 2013, 09:07:32 PM »
Well the wheels have come completely off the bus.  I must say it was a good ride while it lasted.  Just like the Phentermine, it appears my body was able to build up a tolerance so that the Aminos were no longer effective.

During this experience I have reinforced two concepts:

1)  Bread will definitely spike sugar cravings

2)  Sweetener of any kind will spike sugar cravings.

I feel as though I need to treat sugar as I do cocaine.  So saying no to bread and sweetened products (even Stevia) is crucial.

Today I tried a sort of new strategy.   I am allowing myself to eat as much unsweetened chocolate as I need to get past a craving.  Therefore I am eating virtually no sugar but still getting the pleasure of eating chocolate.  Another plus is that depending on how much I consume, I'm getting lots of fiber. Every two rectangles  has 3 grams of fiber.  It's also 90 calories, but it beats banging up to 2000 calories.

My hope is that as more days go by, I will need the Chocolate less and less.

Stay tuned.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2013, 08:52:26 PM »
Day 2 is almost over and things are going smoothly.    I lost 2.5 pounds yesterday.  I ate less chocolate than yesterday.

I never realized that chocolate has caffeine in it.  So I had to take a melatonin last night to go to sleep.

I've been off the aminos for two days so I'm going to take some tomorrow to see the effect.  The  plan however is still about the chocolate.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2013, 10:05:54 PM »
Day 3 almost over and it's still going great.  I dropped another 1.5 yesterday.  I ate quite a bit of chocolate today, but it certainly beats the alternative.

I did take some aminos today, and I plan to take them about once a week.  The timing is strategic to help me avoid a trap that I fall into sometimes.  My main strategy though is still the chocolate.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
I've now put together 6 days with no sugar.  The best streak I've had since I did 26 days a month ago. 

This is much easier than trying to figure out when to take aminos and how much.It almost feels like cheating but it definitely is not.  The beauty of this is that there will be no adjusting by my body or brain because it's not a drug.  I'm not decreasing my cravings per se......I'm satisfying them.

My weight is currently at 204.  I was at 209.5 when I started the chocolate diet.  The rate of weight loss has decreased over the last couple of days, so now I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing with an eye towards losing 1-2 pounds a week.

The only downside is that at night it's hard to get to sleep without a melatonin.  But it's not that bad.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2013, 07:45:57 PM »
Just a suggestion. Have you tried xylitol? Does it provoke a hunger response like stevia did?

Yes I have.  Anything sweet triggers the response, but I wouldn't classify it as a hunger response.  It's more like a craving for sweets, which one can have despite not being hungry.

Still rolling right along with the chocolate.  I'm finishing up my first full weel.  Weighed in at 203.5 today.  That is as low as I got on the aminos.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »
After 1 full week I'm down to the lowest I've been in a year!  202.5.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »
I fell off on Day 9 and have been off the wagon ever since.  Being ill the last 5 days hasn't helped.

I'm jumping back on the horse tomorrow.  Aminos a couple times a week.  Chocolate and Glutamine for cravings.

Offline SUGARDUDE

« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2013, 10:12:21 PM »
The wheels had completely fallen off.  Aminos stopped working.

Yesterday I had a hypnotherapy session.  It was quite an experience.  I have had no problem saying no to sweets so far since the session.

I hope it lasts.