Author Topic: My tribute to an honest optometrist.  (Read 1632 times)

Offline OtisBrown

My tribute to an honest optometrist.
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:42:37 PM »
Dear Friends,

I appreciate optometrists.  I understand that they believe that the "default minus" is the ONLY answer. 

I appreciate that prevention (by any method, at 20/40, and -1 diopter) is very difficult, and few people are interested, and fewer still will actually attempt prevention.

But I also appreciate an optometrist that told me that the "default minus" was indeed "poison" for the natural eye.  Here is my tribute to that honest man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElQxx1p51gw

Tragically, all optometrists believe that all prevention is either fraudulent, "a lie", to rob you, or "can't be done".

In many ways they are right to say that "prevention can not be done - by an optometrist". 

I personally do not "claim" any success - because the person himself must understand that only he, personally, reading his own Snellen, will "see" any success he achieves.

The rest is up to you.

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: My tribute to an honest optometrist.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:46:40 AM »
Some smart people or doctors who understood that minus lenses can deteriorate myopia if badly used, might with scientific intuition think that since hyperopia is the opposite of myopia then plus lenses might do good for nearsighted. But how Dr Raphaelson not only had that idea and made it practice but must also have been good at optics physics and medicine so he applied plus only for near and the right diopters in order to be at the blur zone? Did he wrote scientific papers also?  Did he make the myopic defocus analysis in about 1900?

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: My tribute to an honest optometrist.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
Personally I believe that wearing -2.25D from -1D glasses made my myopia progressive. Here are some statements how "Glasses Make Myopia Worse". There is also a quote from "Spectacle Hobby by Jacob Raphaelson, OD, 1961".

http://www.i-see.org/against_glasses.html