Author Topic: Medical Thinking - Why an OD will not even help his own child.  (Read 1495 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Medical Thinking - Why an OD will not even help his own child.
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:21:40 AM »
Subject: This is the reason that you will never get any good advice from an OD in his office.

Item:  I realized how difficult "just prevention" was going to be for all of us.  I also realized that, unless exceptionally intelligent, the average person would not wear the plus, when at 20/40 (about -1 diopter).  I sought out the FEW ODs who had rationally figured out that the eye is dynamic (in an engineering and scientific sense), and realized that they HAD TO INSIST THEIR OWN CHILDREN WEAR THE PLUS - WHEN AT 20/40.

You can't ask an OD to help you prevent or avoid, "negative status" for your natural eyes, if the OD will refuse to help his own child with plus-prevention.  This video will prove that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtK7PsvfW4I

When I say, "plus prevention", I have in mind this type of optometrist.  I am totally honest about it.  The problem is that the OD has convinced himself that ANY prevention is impossible, although he NEVER explains WHY he thinks that preventing "negative status" for the natural eye MUST always be impossible.

Science, and the proven behavior of all natural eye - shows that it is possible.  But you will just have to do "plus-prevention" yourself.  It is a mistake to think that an OD will be of any help at all.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 03:25:56 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline NickGrouwen

Re: Medical Thinking - Why an OD will not even help his own child.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:12 AM »
Just thought I'd share my situation. I'm training my far vision and am improving everyday - the improvements are permanent (were only semi-permanent in the beginning). I have only been at it for about two weeks or so.
A neat thing I've observed is that I have become quite lax in my habit of staying as far away from the screen as possible to make the text slightly blurry, yet my far vision does not seem to deteriorate anymore like it did when I started out training. I attribute this to my focusing on a very blurry distant object every day.  I believe that for those who do not like to wear plus lenses, like me, it is important that we consciously look in the deep distance every once in a while every day, say, every 5 minutes for ten seconds, every 15 minutes for half a minute, every 30 minutes for one or two minutes. Look out the window and focus on far away signs or treetops or number plates. This seems so stupidly simple and obvious yet I never made this a habit until now.
For me, regardless of how much near work I do everyday, this is enough to keep my far vision intact. My goal in the first place was to do away with glasses completely - and not switch minus lenses for reading glasses. That is one thing I can agree on with clarkclydenight from the iblindness forum. But I guess for those who have no problem wearing them can do plus-prevention.
I became myopic in the first place because I never really looked into the distance - even when outside I would mostly just stare at the ground or something. Open your eyes, expand your field of vision and look into the deep distance and you will preserve your far vision just fine. This is what people with good vision habits do - they have 20/20 or better vision even though they sit behind the computer all day without any plus lenses. It is because they look into the distance as well.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Medical Thinking - Why an OD will not even help his own child.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:44:37 PM »
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your scientific insights and personal research - as you demonstrate that research here:

http://forum.gettingstronger.org/index.php/topic,1027.0.html

Have you ever thought about creating a YouTube of your message for vision improvement.  Or does this pro-Bates person describe your method correctly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY9LqQMogX4

Do you have further suggestions?
++++++
By Mary Oliver:
Published on Jul 19, 2014
Ophthalmologist William H. Bates teaches Shifting with Central-Fixation and Relaxation.

Move 'shift' from part to part on tiny parts of a close object. Even if it is blurry; just relax and shift part to part on the blur. Don't try to see clear. Let it come to you without effort.

This keeps close and reading eyesight clear without eyeglasses.
(Practice this without glasses, contacts.)

Reading small, fine and microscopic print, shifting on small objects, small parts of objects at close and far distances keeps close and far eyesight clear. Relaxation occurs in the eyes, eye muscles. The eye, cornea, lens, retina's shape returns to normal. Circulation in the eye improves. Accommodation, convergence, un-accommodation, divergence are perfect.

If your sight is blurry up close; start farther away where it is only a little blurry. Practice 5-20 min. a day. Read the fine print longer if you like. I print my favorite e-books 4-6 per page in fine print. As the print, crystal, rock... becomes clearer; move it closer and closer to the eyes until you have normal eye-vision function like a child; you can see inside a clear colored marble right up to 1/4 inch from the eyelashes with perfect clarity and you have the eyes natural microscopic effect. A natural alternative to reading glasses (reading glasses are unnatural magnifiers, 'plus lenses' which cause cataract, blur and other harm to the eyes, retina, vision. Reading glasses are addictive, freeze the lens immobile. The minus lens for far vision also impairs the eyes, vision.) Read fine print naturally 'without glasses' and magnify with the natural naked eyes and the eye, lens, retina will stay mobile and healthy.

This is part of our new video soon to be published. It exposes unnatural methods and gives you the true natural Bates Method for clear eyesight without use of eyeglasses, contact lenses, surgery.

This practice also removes astigmatism and can reverse, prevent cataract (if eyeglasses are avoided).

Check with your eye doctor, BUT; preferably find a Bates Method, Natural Eyesight Improvement Optometrist, Ophthalmologist.
More and more doctors are seeking, learning and teaching the TRUE Bates Method.

Just thought I'd share my situation. I'm training my far vision and am improving everyday - the improvements are permanent (were only semi-permanent in the beginning). I have only been at it for about two weeks or so.
A neat thing I've observed is that I have become quite lax in my habit of staying as far away from the screen as possible to make the text slightly blurry, yet my far vision does not seem to deteriorate anymore like it did when I started out training. I attribute this to my focusing on a very blurry distant object every day.  I believe that for those who do not like to wear plus lenses, like me, it is important that we consciously look in the deep distance every once in a while every day, say, every 5 minutes for ten seconds, every 15 minutes for half a minute, every 30 minutes for one or two minutes. Look out the window and focus on far away signs or treetops or number plates. This seems so stupidly simple and obvious yet I never made this a habit until now.
For me, regardless of how much near work I do everyday, this is enough to keep my far vision intact. My goal in the first place was to do away with glasses completely - and not switch minus lenses for reading glasses. That is one thing I can agree on with clarkclydenight from the iblindness forum. But I guess for those who have no problem wearing them can do plus-prevention.
I became myopic in the first place because I never really looked into the distance - even when outside I would mostly just stare at the ground or something. Open your eyes, expand your field of vision and look into the deep distance and you will preserve your far vision just fine. This is what people with good vision habits do - they have 20/20 or better vision even though they sit behind the computer all day without any plus lenses. It is because they look into the distance as well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:10:11 AM by OtisBrown »