Author Topic: Hi guys!  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Hi guys!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 09:14:47 AM »
Where exactly is that written? You don't have to move your head back and forth. Only sometimes in the begging to find the edge of focus and some months later when your vision improves in order to find it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nvRCGWX1cI

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 02:52:57 AM »
@jigsaw

There is also one technique (Feldenkrais I think) that says that if you get an easystimulus at first then the nervous system can adapt to the harder one (edge of focus or beyond) which is what (variation) you have described above.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 02:06:46 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 04:02:49 AM »
Hi Gek and Alex,

I consider myself a friend of Dr. Alex.  He is making a wonderful effort.  For myself I do not say, "improvement", which can be generic, and difficult to confirm.  I say, "Snellen clearing", because that is what can be done by yourself, objectively.

Are there "mistakes", to be made, as you work to clear your Snellen from 20/50 - 20/60 range?  Perhaps.  Here is some commentary for your interest.

http://frauenfeldclinic.com/the-two-eyesight-improvement-mistakes-beginners-and-advanced-participants/

For myself, I consider just developing the personal understanding - to be very important.  I do not make "claims", because I expect the person to accept that clearing the 20/40 line (passing the DMV) is of critical importance.  Once he does that, he can avoid the minus, which "locks" a person into myopia.

We do not "read one line".  What we see is that we read the 20/70 line, all letters, most of the 20/60, and then perhaps one of the 20/40 line.

With long-term wearing of the plus is done, you can expect to see most of the 20/40 line, by personally checking, and then all of the 20/50, and perhaps 50 percent of the 20/30 line.

Your recovery might go faster than that in six months.  But you should be prepared  for a long-term effort.  This is indeed a personal challenge.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:39:17 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »
Wait, I dont think I understand the print pushing completely..

Is it enough to read texts on the edge of blur? Or do you really have to move your head back and forth between edge of focus and the edge of blur?

Gekonus.  You want to be reading at the edge of blur (D2).  But the only way to know you are really at D2 is to constantly test it.  As you myopia weakens, you need to literally push back and forth to see where print becomes blurry and where it clears up again.  Every 15 minutes or so, move a little further back or closer in to find the new D2.  With time, D2 will increase.  Today it is 18", tomorrow it is 20".  Sometimes, especially when you are fatigued, D2 decreases again.  Don't get discouraged, this is like any improvement -- weight loss, strength training, running, whatever.  Progress is a jagged line, not a straight line.

Once D2 increases beyond about 20" you may find it inconvenient to sit that far away from a computer or book.  That's when it's time to buy some stronger plus lenses!  If you are wearing +1.50, then upgrade to +2.00 and reset your D2 to closer in.  Repeat the process again and again.  When you are able to read at 20" using +2D lenses, you should have roughly 20/20 or better vision.  (That's because 20" corresponds to -2D (1 meter = 39.3, and 39.3/2 = about 20"). Of course you can keep going to get to 20/15 or better if you want.

Hope that answered your question.

Todd

Offline gekonus

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 05:06:24 AM »
Hmm... Okay! Alex, Otis, Jigsaw and Todd , I think I got it, thanks! :)

I sometimes feel something weird in the back/sides and muscles of the eye but I guess thats positive haha
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 05:08:16 AM by gekonus »

Offline gekonus

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 06:30:44 AM »
Lol thats really annoying how people with -1D on both eyes see a bit better than me, when I checked myself and I can say that I definately have 20/20 vision(or REALLY close to that, definately better than 20/25) on my right eye with a -0.5 lense..