Author Topic: Success Stories - for your encouragement.  (Read 970 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Success Stories - for your encouragement.
« on: October 09, 2014, 06:51:09 PM »
Subject: How do you know you are successful?

I know that quite a few people intuitively know that the minus lens is a terrible idea.  No one tells them this, and certainly no OD will tell you this, but it is.

Dr. Bates felt that the minus lens was bad for you also.  It does take a strong will to actually achieve the success you are looking for.  This is why Todd was successful.   Here is a review to encourage you.

http://www.powerfulintentions.org/forum/topics/success-story-how-to-effectively-reverse-nearsightedness

I prefer prevention (before I wear the minus) with a plus.  I also think the person should always confirm results by actually, and objectively reading his own Snellen.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Success Stories - for your encouragement.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 05:34:53 AM »
Subject: I can not claim this as a "success story for the plus lens".

Item: But I did confirm Dennis' prescription, and his driver's license.

Item: The amount of change is incredible.  But I think his success started -- when he found he could read though a plus lens for near, and further, objectively read his own Snellen. 

Item: The fact that he was a skilled professional engineer, helped him along the way.

But no one ever knows what any given person might do.  That is why prevention is not a medical subject, or goal - in my opinion.

++++++

AN ENGINEER'S UNEXPECTED SUCCESS

Perhaps the most surprising and encouraging result to be achieved was accomplished by accident. Because of my long-term experience with the experimental data, I knew that recovery -- on the average -- would be slow. Anyone who attempts to use the plus lens wants to succeed. It makes sense to help people who have gotten into about 20/80. Any improvement will get you to 20/40, which passes the FAA 3rd class flying license. Recovery, if you are worse than 20/100, is difficult but possible. To present all the facts including surprising results, I asked Dennis to write a letter describing his efforts and ultimate result.

VISION RESTORATION: THE EFFECT THAT A POSITIVE LENS HAD ON MY DISTANT VISION

By Dennis Romich

My distance vision had been poor for many years. I had overheard Otis Brown discussing nearsightedness, and his suggested technique for restoring the myopic eye to normal. Without telling Otis, I decided to attempt to use the plus lens, and see what would happen, since the approach seemed reasonable and much safer than any other method.

I obtained a plus lens at a local store without a prescription. The lens was a +1.5 diopter lens and is commonly sold as a reading glass for people who have lost their near vision.

I had become nearsighted in grade school and was prescribed minus lenses which I dutifully wore all day long. As the years went by, my vision worsened, and the Doctor would prescribe stronger minus lens. My distance vision without prescription lenses was very bad through high school, college, and graduate school. The last professional check (Ophthalmologist) showed that my prescription was -4.5 diopters (Right eye) and -4.25 diopters (Left eye). This is approximately 20/320 vision using the Snellen eye chart. In some states, I would be classed as legally blind without my glasses.

As I wore the plus-lens and did not wear the minus lens, I noticed that my distance vision began to clear. After several weeks, I purchased Otis' book, and checked my eyes against the eye chart. They were 20/30, which means I will pass the standard driver's license criteria of 20/40 or better without prescription lenses.

Otis was surprised at this effect of the plus lens. He stated that most individuals could return their vision from 20/70 to 20/20, but he felt that returning vision from 20/320 to 20/30 was hard to believe. Since I have done it successfully, I have no doubt that other individuals who have a similar problem could obtain similar results using Otis' recommended method of vision restoration.

I am a registered professional engineer, and have a Master's degree in both Engineering and Business Administration.