Author Topic: Why do Medical People Believe Prevention is Impossible?  (Read 646 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Why do Medical People Believe Prevention is Impossible?
« on: October 12, 2014, 05:20:32 AM »
Subject:  I like medical people.  They have an impossible job, and are doing the best that they can.  Sometimes - that is not good enough.

"There are no hopeless situations. There are only men who have grown hopeless about their own situation."  -- Anonymous

"Insanity is doing the same thing over-and-over again — but expecting better results."  -- Rita Mae Brown

"It isn’t that he can’t see the solution.  It is that he can’t see the problem."  -- G.  K.  Chesterson

Please note: I do everything in my power to be not-critical of this situation.  I hope you understand. What this  video means to me is this.  If I need or wish prevention (while I can still read the 20/40 line), I MUST DO IT MYSELF.  There is no need for any argument about this issue.

But I do not agree with them, that preventing negative status for the natural eye (for them) is impossible.  I always believe in listening to them, and their arguments and discussions about this critical topic.   Here is the opinion of a highly qualified ophthalmologist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDTbtpfpac

I always ask questions about the minus lens - probably making the initial, "nearsightedness" profoundly worse.  Here he uses the term, "reading glasses", although he does not define whether he means a minus or plus lens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Ve28jfO7Y

In a way, this is the Bates' argument that prevention would be possible, under explicitly controlled circumstances.  Dr. Bates conducted a study that showed that his people were getting their Snellens to clear.

This doctor (above) simply says, "hogwash", and won his argument.

I suggest - there has GOT to be a better way.

I am not going to argue about this.  You want a minus lens for full time wear?  Then you should have your minus lens - and wear it all the time.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:20:01 AM by OtisBrown »