Author Topic: Can the eye grow shorter?  (Read 4613 times)

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Can the eye grow shorter?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
@j23
Doctors who prescribe for presbyopia of course don't tell the patients to print push so of course there is limited by chance or no hyperopic  myopic defocus.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:27:42 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 07:30:15 PM »
@j23
Doctors who prescribe for presbyopia of course don't tell the patients to print push so of course there is limited by chance or no hyperopic defocus.

Hi Alex - I have NO FIGHT with a "medical person".  It is just that I realized that they are "confused" at best, and arrogant at worst.  I GAVE UP on them.  When you ask about, "cure", you are told - THERE IS NO CURE.  YOU CAN NEVER GET OUT - OF 20/40.  The reality is that it is indeed difficult.  It means accepting that prevention means - doing it all yourself - as per this review.

https://www.quora.com/Can-myopia-be-cured/answer/Otis-Brown-8

As far as natural eye "refraction change" - that issue is resolved.  The eye can change its refraction - in both directions.  It just does it very, very slowly.  That is science - not medicine.

I believe in science - because I see the eye doing it.  If you do on believe in science - there is no hope.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 05:21:40 AM »
The same goes for tooth cavities. If you ask a dentist if teeth cavities can be reversed he/she will say no except from very early stages with Fluoride.

Offline j23

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 02:00:49 AM »
@j23
Doctors who prescribe for presbyopia of course don't tell the patients to print push so of course there is limited by chance or no hyperopic defocus.

Yes, I now realized that for presbyopia a person is using glasses for the near point, thus this is the opposite for using the same glasses to extend the FAR point of the eyes. Only when accomodation range is nearly zero (for very old people) the conditions are the same.

So the summary would be (theoretically) - that when the far sight is 'emmetropic' then it prevents the eye to grow even if near point is shifting.

Do you mean rather myopic defocus? (myopic defocus should force the eye to get shorter - while hyperopic defocus ask the eye to grow, of course only in theory as we know that the eye is not growing for those people to adjust). When a person cannot see near point it means there is a natural hyperopic defocus in central retina which PLUS glasses move a bit to correctly focus.

The same goes for tooth cavities. If you ask a dentist if teeth cavities can be reversed he/she will say no except from very early stages with Fluoride.

For your example maybe more appropriate is to compare to swallowing gums (then we have a reversible condition on 'elastic' tissues, and not a tooth which structure is rather tough).

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:13:09 AM by j23 »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 03:27:09 PM »
Υep, I should have written "myopic defocus".
If the eyes of people with presbyopia grew longer to adjust then their far sight would become myopic-unadjusted. But when shortsighted people wear plus to print push and say we accept that the eyes then grow shorter, it doesn't unadjust neither far nor near sight.

In Jake's site there are many posts of people over 50 having success. Jake says it is never too late.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 03:41:56 PM by Alex_Myopic »