Author Topic: weird vision/watery vision almost gone  (Read 4114 times)

Offline CapitalPrince

Re: weird vision/watery vision almost gone
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 08:57:05 PM »
Hey jimboston,

if you are not seeing results with the plus, you could try this idea. put the text at the edge of focus, slowly move the text back and forth while reading (when its clear and then push it slightly into the blur and then pull it back into when its clear). do this slowly while you are reading.

I find this stimulates the focusing muscles more. Just another idea. Hope you are seeing some more progress.

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 12:25:31 AM »
I read this in David De Angelis's book

I have learned all of this from my personal experience. For more than a year I was imprisoned in a refractive state of –0.50 D in each eye. Even though I was reading with lenses a lot, my eyes almost didn’t react to them, and I wasn’t succeeding in improving my focusing capacity.
    I understood my mistake later on. I was reading the text wearing the lenses, but I was regulating the relationship of distance/lens dioptric power (+4.00 D in that time), allowing myself to read the text easily. What I was supposed to do was to increase the relationship of the lens dioptric power/reading distance and concentrate on focusing the induced defocus state, using CRB (Contraction/Relaxation/Blinking) movements. (See Chapter 5 for more on CRB.)
    To gain improvements and to accelerate them, it’s very important that the letters of the text we are reading while wearing training lenses are not in focus (in a retinal defocus state). Later on, the letters should be focused with CRB movements. The visual system reacts and gets used to the new refractive state by repeating focusing on each single word or letter, compensating for the initial functional refractive error. Each time we train our eyes with retinal defocus we should wonder, “At what distance will I be able to read today?” By doing so, retinal defocus progress, as well as the other adaptation and improvements, will be achieved.
    Keep in mind: We are talking here about therapeutic defocus. That would be myopic defocus for myopia and hyperopic defocus for hyperopia. It is not a destructive or palliative defocus—which occurs when a myopic person views near with negative lenses and a hyperopic one with positive lenses. In such cases, an inauspicious accommodative stimulus—led by convergence—will find a further stimulus for increasing accommodative response.
 Paradoxical Focusing: The Importance of Having Breaks between the Exercises of Defocus

Offline gekonus

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
Hmm.. I actually thought that "clear flashes" dont really improve anything... By blinking while print pushing, you sometimes get these clear flashes and the text clears up, is this helpful? Or is staring better since you're letting your eyes to focus

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »
sometimes when you are blinking you are temporarily shorten your eyes, and thats not a clear flash.

I wouldn't call it "staring" but i would definitely do the CRB technique as David suggested (and Frauenfeld as well)

Offline gekonus

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 10:57:54 AM »
I didnt really understand the CRB thing...

Also, isnt blinking just making your eye watery = getting these clear flashes?

or at the best case - just relaxing the ciliary muscle a little, but not actually shortening the eye