Author Topic: anyway to reverse -5 in both eyes ?  (Read 2083 times)

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

anyway to reverse -5 in both eyes ?
« on: January 03, 2015, 06:44:56 PM »
or is that too much , even for plus lenses to solve ?

Offline CapitalPrince

Re: anyway to reverse -5 in both eyes ?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »
to go from -5D to a reasonable 20/40 would take at least several years. And it may be a frustrating journey along the way.

if you want to stop your vision from getting worse, it would be much easier. Wear -3D or -2.5D lenses for all near work and work at the edge (you might even see some improvement).

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »
that's very de-motivating news

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
i apologize, but if you are expecting a quick cure, there is none.

Offline warnbd

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:25:40 AM »
rtd-

If I can, let me try to add some encouragement.  I started this process one year ago, with a prescription of
left: -4.75 sph, +2.75 cyl  and right:  -3.50 sph, +1.75 cyl.   I now am at approx.  L, -1.25 sph,  R, -.75 sph. (approx. 20/40 without glasses).

This is approx. 2 diopter improvement(in terms of equivalent spherical) in 12 months.  This is possible, but it takes aggressive action over a sustained period.  Add to this good nutrition, good sleep, and proper breaks from the pushing focus.  In your case, it may be 18-24 months to get to 20/40.  With higher correction, improvement rate is highest in the beginning and you may find rapid progress in the first 3 months.  The myopia due to the ciliary will be first to improve quickly. 

You can find more detail on my experience at the thread,  "My Myopia/Astigmatism Journey". 

Offline gekonus

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 10:49:48 AM »
Really depends on the person. Im 3 months into this, and Im not even 20/40 (Started as 20/50, Im a tiny tiny bit better now probably).

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 05:24:34 AM »
Hi  rtd,

I believe you should not only try plus but plus with exercises. A lot of people doing the PVS(ystem) report great rate of improvement at the beginning and much success even with medium and high myopia. With PVS a broke a hard plateau. There's a very good book for PVS to search... or buy. Dr Alex with the Frauenfeld Method is also great.

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »

As I wore the plus-lens and did not wear the minus lens, I noticed that my distance vision began to clear. After several weeks, I purchased Otis' book, and checked my eyes against the eye chart. They were 20/30, which means I will pass the standard driver's license criteria of 20/40 or better without prescription lenses.

that's very de-motivating news

i am confused by this story.

This man was -4 in both eyes. Okay.

But began walking around and using a plus lens for ALL everyday activity and got results ?