Author Topic: Dr. Alex's site: Why not tell him -- GET A PLUS?  (Read 784 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Dr. Alex's site: Why not tell him -- GET A PLUS?
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »
Dear Frineds,

I am a fan of Dr. Alex.  I totally support what he is attempting - because no one else is attempting to do it. 
But I do have some (supportive) commentary, and one critique.

Here is the statement:

+++++

By "H":

Hi,

I have -0.5 in both my eyes on the spherical, and -1.00 and -1.50 on the cylindrical in my latest eye test.

My spherical -0.5 has remained the same for more than 20 years, and my cylindrical was -1.0 7 years ago on both eyes, and has moved by increments of 0.25 every few years. I managed to get the prescription to be the same as the old one and have a prescription glass for the -0.5 sp, -1.00 cyl.

I removed my glasses a few weeks ago after reviewing many materials on this topic. Infact, I don’t wear them at all. Initially, things were difficult, but constantly doing exercises, palming, active focussing, and other approaches, I can pretty much manage both short and long distances without my glasses but my astigmatism seems to make things blurry. On some days, I have extremely clear patches, but my eyes do get tired and things get worse. I realize I’m better off slowly pushing my eyes using lower prescription glasses.

I would appreciate if I could be suggested a normalized prescription for long distance and if I should be doing anything for short distance. I can comfortably read small print on my screen at distances of more than 60 cm. Should I drop my astigmatism correction completely?

Choices I’m thinking

1) -0.5 sp, -0.5 cycl
2) -0.25 sp, -0.5 cyl
3) -0.5 sp, no correction
4) -0.25 sp, -0.25 cyl

Thanks for any inputs and your time!

http://frauenfeldclinic.com/myopia-forums/topic/prescription-advice-requested/

+++++

I do not post on Dr. Alex's site - but I think everyone should read it.

I know a large number of people "fight against" wearing the plus, when they can still read the 20/30 to 20/40 line.  I know people
complain about headaches, when they wear the plus for near.

I know that most people will not accept, "reasonable success" of reading all the letters on the 20/25 line.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:17:02 PM by OtisBrown »