Author Topic: the last diopter  (Read 4097 times)

Offline gekonus

Re: the last diopter
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »
I really thought that the strength of the plus does not matter since it just moves your focal planes closer or further, but you're still working on the edge of blur.

Maybe I'll give it a shot and buy +2.5D lenses.. I'll be able to read at about 25-30CM tho, hahaha.

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »
a +2.5 is probably too strong for you. I suggest you try a +2.0. But again a plus lens is $10-20 at the drugstore, so you can get many different pairs.

personally i can read comfortably at 40 cm with a +2.5D.

Offline caimanjosh

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 07:39:02 AM »
Congrats caiman on your success

Are you mosltly reading with a.slight blur or strong blur?

Thanks.  I'd say more of a moderate to strong blur.  What I do is short, but intense sessions where I start with text that is blurred, and do a combination of eye widening, blinking, and deep breathing to bring the text into focus.  It stays in focus for a few minutes, and after that my eyes tire of maintaining that focus.  After that, I generally take off the glasses and just read with naked eyes for a while.  Then, repeat the above.  It seems to be working for me, and minimizes the amount of time I spend pushing print.  I suppose you might say I'm doing HIT for my eyes.  :) 

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 05:14:58 AM »
Did the dynamic vision method  for about 4 months and had not an improvement at all at the Snellen. I'm at 20/25. Although I had great improvement in fusion in divergence skills with the help of very useful advices from the Dr. Arkadiy Davydov. I 'll try for one month more the specific exercises for diplopia (more up and down eye movements in the Extraocular Muscle Warm-up and Dynamic Vision Trainer 2) and see if this helps.

http://www.forbestvision.com/

Maybe Dr Alex is right and eye exercises at least at the last diopter don't help much.

I've even tested to wear +0,5D stronger plus and sit closer to the monitor and do Dr Davydov's exercises with 1D myopic defocus(!) with no improvement.

I'm turning to specific program to fix my diplopia-astigmatism first for 20/20 vision and then hoping for the +0,75 refractive state. I know the second one is too much.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:21:22 AM by Alex_Myopic »