Author Topic: Not improving... Help....  (Read 3092 times)

Offline gekonus

Not improving... Help....
« on: February 22, 2015, 10:33:21 AM »
5 months already, and maybe only a tiny tiny tiny tiny difference in average acuity.. (Wearing +1.5D for close work everyday for at least 1-2 hours)....

Any ideas please?

Offline gekonus

Re: Not improving... Help....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »
I cant give up now....... I bet half of my life to improve my vision, Im not turning back now!!!!!

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 02:23:54 PM »
Hi gekonus,
I had a great improvement and a plateau breaking with PVS (Power Vision System (it includes plus lenses)). There is also an ebook about PVS.
You also have to undercorrect minus at far looking.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 02:42:26 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline gekonus

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
I have undercorrected lenses for driving but im not using the minus at all

Offline jansen

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:57:57 PM »
Depending on your minus prescription, you may have to wear a undercorrected minus lenses (about .5 less than your actual prescription) while doing medium-far distance activities, such as looking at powerpoints during a meeting or playing sports. This is because you need to have a slight stress on your eyes even when looking medium-far distances.
If you are going without minus lenses in medium to far distances, and you have visual acuity of less than 20/50, than it would be very hard for you to see. Therefore, your eyes would just "give up." Thats why the undercorrected minus lenses are there to facilitate your myopia recovery without jeopardizing your improvement (if you were to wear full powered lenses).
While driving you should always use your full prescription for safety reasons.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 11:41:37 AM »
"What About Going Without Corrective Lenses?

Some prefer to remove their glasses altogether if their circumstances permit them to do so. This seems impractical for most and in my opinion unnecessary and ineffective. These are the people who believe relaxation alone will restore their vision to normal. If this were the case removing glasses would be a viable option, but if the eyes are permanently and structurally malformed relaxation alone will not restore your eyes to spherical or your vision to clarity. You will just spend a lot of time walking around with fuzzy vision. Strenuous use of the extraocular musculature is required to break down the structural rigidity that holds the eye in its malformed state. Until that occurs walking around with or without corrective eyewear makes little difference. Of course, when your vision improves you should rely less and less on corrective eyewear, but this is not the means to good vision as some believe."

http://web.archive.org/web/20080216074610/http://www.i-see.org/bershak.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:56:23 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline AnaGrey

• Water is life. ;)
    • http://aquaponicsgrowingtips.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
What methods do you use to improve your vision?
Bates Method?

And you're right, you can't give up if you've been doing it for so long. Sometimes, a positive mind leads to your desires. ;)
"Take every success in life as a reward for hard work. And take every failure as a challenge to be better" - Anonymous

http://aquaponicsgrowingtips.com/

Offline HansK

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 07:45:58 AM »
Hi,

yes, same for me - I do not improve (almost 6 months). Occasionally - while doing print pushing - the image clears up but after blinking, I lose focus.

I do not know what I do wrong. I wear undercorrected lenses (0.25 to 0.5 diopters, depending on lightning and safety) for distance activities (watching tv, being outside, driving etc.) and I do print pushing while doing near work.

Many people often say "just wearing undercorrected lenses"/print pushing (i.e. (slight) myopic defocus) does not help. You have to use "active focus".

Maybe that's the reason why some of us fail? How do you do "active focus"? Sometimes, I stare or I blink softly, but many times in a row etc.

Especially now, the summer is coming - there is a wonderful world and it is my (our) dream to see it WITHOUT glasses...

Kind regards,
Hans

Offline Kabuto

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 12:48:06 AM »
Same ideals on my end.  I'm simply wondering what I may be doing wrong because the method seems plausible enough, truly.  I would love nothing more than clear vision right now, and would do whatever it takes to get there.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 09:00:04 AM »
Hi Habuto -

Truly "just prevention" is one of the most frustrating things we can do.  I look at my vision, and can not "tell" my visual acuity.  I strong recommend that anyone who is very serious, know exactly their own visual acuity. 

With out self-checking, you will never accomplish anything. Or worse, you will go to an OD, who will over-prescribe you by 1 or 2 diopters, and that will convince you that you have failed.

Same ideals on my end.  I'm simply wondering what I may be doing wrong because the method seems plausible enough, truly.  I would love nothing more than clear vision right now, and would do whatever it takes to get there.

Offline gekonus

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 09:36:31 AM »
Well sorry guys I dont want to disappoint, but I guess this specific method doesnt work for everybody. It did not work for me after a while, I hope you'll have success with it.

Im trying different methods, trying basically everything till I hit it

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
Maybe that's the reason why some of us fail? How do you do "active focus"? Sometimes, I stare or I blink softly, but many times in a row etc.

http://endmyopia.org/how-to-improve-night-vision-advanced-topic/
http://endmyopia.org/how-to-finding-active-focus/