Author Topic: Is vision mental or physical  (Read 1058 times)

Offline gekonus

Is vision mental or physical
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:38:23 AM »
Is it possible that improving the vision is more of a mental skill? (gotta be relaxed, calm) or is it more of a physical skill (print pushing)..

people succeeded from both sides I guess, Im speakin for myself and for the other really good guys here that cant improve no matter what

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Is vision mental or physical
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
Hi Gekonus,

I always agree there are "two ways" to look at a problem.  As an engineer, I am always objective in measuring both my refraction and visual acuity.

But equally, I know people who use both "exercise" and the plus, and VERY SLOWLY get back to OBJECTIVE 20/25 to 20/20 (always self-measured).

This is absolutly not a "mental skill", it is me being objective in reading my own Snellen at 20 feet.  You can not get more objective than that.  If there were
a "mental skill", it would be my recognition, that the natural eye is dynamic (as science), and I have no choice but to "do it myself".

It is equally true, that some people will wearing the plus correctly, and slowly get to the 20/25 range -- while the next person, seemingly doing the
same thing - does not objective "see" this result.

There is indeed no, "perfect way".  For me, I see continued wearing of a strong plus as being necessary though the school years.  (I know
few people will accept that fact - as a total necessity.)

But all of this it because I accept that as necessary.  I am not a critic of anyone.  For me, long-term plus-wear is necessary, as long as I
am doing any "close work".

This is why I am wearing a +2.5 diopter lens, as I type this message to you.

Is it possible that improving the vision is more of a mental skill? (gotta be relaxed, calm) or is it more of a physical skill (print pushing)..

people succeeded from both sides I guess, Im speakin for myself and for the other really good guys here that cant improve no matter what

Offline HansK

Re: Is vision mental or physical
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 02:30:30 PM »
It is equally true, that some people will wearing the plus correctly, and slowly get to the 20/25 range -- while the next person, seemingly doing the
same thing - does not objective "see" this result.

Can you explain why "the next person (...) does not objective "see" this result"?

There is indeed no, "perfect way".  For me, I see continued wearing of a strong plus as being necessary though the school years.  (I know
few people will accept that fact - as a total necessity.)

But all of this it because I accept that as necessary.  I am not a critic of anyone.  For me, long-term plus-wear is necessary, as long as I
am doing any "close work".

What would you if you were me (or gekonus etc.) and you see (you showed us the information) that people were able to change their refractive state by about 0.75 to 1.25 diopters in 9-12 months, and you see no improvement after 6 months (and let's say after 1 year again no improvement)?

You know how it is to live without glasses and to "miss the world". And if you read about other success stories, you get more and more frustrated and you wonder "Why are they successful, but I am not?".

This is why I am wearing a +2.5 diopter lens, as I type this message to you.

So you read at your far-point, but you see the text SHARPLY. If you pushed a little bit further away, there would be increasing blur, right? And THAT position with the blur would be YOUR distance to clear your Snellen?

Kind regards,
Hans