Author Topic: People in prevention advocacy.  (Read 681 times)

Offline OtisBrown

People in prevention advocacy.
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:36:55 AM »

Subject: It is always wise to understand the people (both scientific and medical) who advocate, "just prevention".

Obviously, the first person is Todd Becker (Engineer). I would recommend you add your own list of advocates on this thread.

http://www.jakesteiner.com/jake-steiner/

I have strong science, that supports what Todd stated, about his objective success. But equally, I know
that some people will not be successful.   We each make our own judgment an choices - as we
go though school and college.  I just ask that I receive a scientific education, before I am
put into a very strong minus lens - that will destroy my distant vision - permanently.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: People in prevention advocacy.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »
Subject: Some ODs, being very wise, INSISTED that their child wear the plus, when at 20/30.

Otis>  If you wish OD "involvement", the ask him this question, point-blank.  "When your child is at 20/30 (refractive state of -1/2 diopters), what do you require him to do?  1) Wear the plus for all close work, as a personal matter, and for his long-term vision protection, or 2) Do nothing. From the science I have see,, it would be wise for your child to be taught, and actually wear a plus (and no minus on top) for all the school years.  If the OD will say that, (and the child accept long-term plus wear as required) then prevention is possible.  I would like to see that statement on the OD's wall, that even with 20/25, my child is wearing a plus, because I understand this issue completely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65vrKTJTyDY

Otis> If he can not insist that his child wear the plus, when at 20/40, then he is not going to help you.  I just want to know where to draw the "self-prevention" line.

Otis> When I was “younger”, I searched for an optometrist (Raphaelson) who would tell me, “squeekey clean, scientific truth”. I knew it would be “painful” to be told that truth – because he essentially “blamed me” for inducing negative status in my natural eyes. He did not tell me, or infer it was my “bad heredity”, (to not hurt my feelings). You are now telling that truth – that is hard for all of us to accept. But you are admired by me – for that effort. I look for the day when the N. E. I., comes out of its self-imposed ignorance, and will help all of us, by pushing all responsibility on me, to be in control of my own life, and my own long-term vision.

BOTTOM LINE:  Prevention is indeed difficult. Do not expect any interest or help from an OD.  If you want an "easy" minus, by all means, get your own, or from an OD.  But do not bother any more with "just prevention".

« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 07:32:42 PM by OtisBrown »