Author Topic: Tips for better results?  (Read 2521 times)

Offline wtfgod

Tips for better results?
« on: April 28, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
Been working on my eyesight for over a year at this point, wear uncorrected lenses most of the time, try to do eye exercises and focus on random stuffs throughout the day. Sadly I don't feel my eyesight has improved at all and a year is a long time to inconvenience yourself for no benefits.

Getting an eye exam soon so I will know for sure, but I would really like some tips or something. Can't see myself sticking to it much longer if I'm not getting anywhere.

Background: Almost seven diopter difference between my eyes with my worse one being -9+

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Tips for better results?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »
I thing you must try patching the strongest eye in order to correct the huge difference firstly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:54:03 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline jimboston

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:13:11 PM »
wtfgod,

1. Can you walk us through your typical daily schedule and what kind of focusing exercises you are doing?
2. How much undercorrection have you been wearing?

Offline wtfgod

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:09:29 AM »
Have tried the eyepatch but between the -9.5 and the astigmatism it makes it quite difficult to do anything that requires even a little focus.

I tend to do quite a bit of close work. Throughout the day I try focusing on the furthest thing I can see, I do eye rotations, going from left/right up/down ect, I try to keep my text at least a littlebit hard to read, looking at things in my periphery.

I have a few different pairs but often use the ones at something like +2 from my normal correction since I do a lot of close work. If I can I wear nothing at all but my bad eye probably isn't getting much out of that.

Edit: I also try to look away into the distance often while doing close work.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:45:29 AM by wtfgod »

Offline wtfgod

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
Worse in both eyes...

by .75 and 1.25, astigmatism close to the same.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 02:18:07 AM »
Have tried the eyepatch but between the -9.5 and the astigmatism it makes it quite difficult to do anything that requires even a little focus.

There is no need to patch without glasses. You can cut a piece of cloth and put it on one lens of the undercorrected glasses. I sometimes do that with my plus to help my weaker eye.

Offline wtfgod

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »

There is no need to patch without glasses. You can cut a piece of cloth and put it on one lens of the undercorrected glasses. I sometimes do that with my plus to help my weaker eye.

Yes, I know. It's still more difficult to print push with that eye while being at all productive.

Either way I'm probably going to lay off for a while...the lack of results is disheartening.

Offline Robin mn

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 09:48:18 AM »
Could you please be more clear about your prescriptions(actual and the under corrected)?Have you gauged your cm reading and/or snellen reading throughout the year?How have you been measuring your improvements?
You do not need drastic changes to your life.All you need is a simple and bit by bit habitual change over the long run. One of the important things I have found important is to read around this forum and other sites like endmyopia.org(again another of those habits to be cultivated)to keep yourself motivated and looking for crucial aha moments while reading the posts which may dictate the faults in ones approach at any point during their journey.

Offline wtfgod

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:41:45 PM »
Could you please be more clear about your prescriptions(actual and the under corrected)?Have you gauged your cm reading and/or snellen reading throughout the year?How have you been measuring your improvements?
You do not need drastic changes to your life.All you need is a simple and bit by bit habitual change over the long run. One of the important things I have found important is to read around this forum and other sites like endmyopia.org(again another of those habits to be cultivated)to keep yourself motivated and looking for crucial aha moments while reading the posts which may dictate the faults in ones approach at any point during their journey.

I initially was measuring based off distance but I recently went to an optometrist and my new prescription is a fair amount worse than my last. Have been doing as much as I can and have seen nothing but negative results, makes it kind of hard to stay motivated.

I bookmarked that site but have already done quite a bit of reading elsewhere.

My prescription went from -2.75 to -4(l) and from -9.5 to -10.25(r).