Author Topic: Can not be "bothered" with plus-prevention at 20/40?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Can not be "bothered" with plus-prevention at 20/40?
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »
Subject: How many people will accept a heavy warning, at 20/40, to wear the plus, and no minus.

The ODs know for certain - you will not take it seriously. 

It is tragic to wake up, 'after the fact", and realized that could could have avoided entry.  But here is an example, of what always happens,
when you love the "sharpness" of the minus.

I wish I had been informed of an intelligent choice, before I ever started wearing a minus lens.  Perhaps you do  not feel that way.

What would you like to be told, after you have confirmed you can read the 20/40 line?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:12:43 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline Kabuto

Re: Can not be "bothered" with plus-prevention at 20/40?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:53:45 AM »
You say that you do not advocate plus prevention beyond the 20/60 mark, but then what do you suppose for those deeper in the rabbit hole, those who discover the info later than the ideal.   What's their solution?

Your many posts have made it quite clear that prevention should be initiated ASAP.  We all know this.  Spreading the word and proving the science is the far more genuine concern
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:56:01 AM by Kabuto »

Offline Kabuto

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:18:46 AM »
Your claim is that myopia is impossible to exit once going beyond 20/60.  An interesting argument but one that seems to be solely yours.  Even Todd Becker in his presentation, "Myopia, A Modern Yet Reversible Disease"  argues myopia can be exited at most stages and presents the concept of reduced minus prescriptions.  So one of you need to check your facts...and I'm hoping Todd is the one who is correct on the matter.  Obviously if your myopia is higher it would take a far deal longer and may not be worth the stress if you're at a certain age and myopia level.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:23:45 AM by Kabuto »

Offline Ydgrunite

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
Your claim is that myopia is impossible to exit once going beyond 20/60.  An interesting argument but one that seems to be solely yours.  Even Todd Becker in his presentation, "Myopia, A Modern Yet Reversible Disease"  argues myopia can be exited at most stages and presents the concept of reduced minus prescriptions.  So one of you need to check your facts...and I'm hoping Todd is the one who is correct on the matter.  Obviously if your myopia is higher it would take a far deal longer and may not be worth the stress if you're at a certain age and myopia level.

Kabuto,

Many people have had success recovering from myopia greater than -1 D.  In addition to Todd's presentation, there are many examples on Alex Frauenfeld's site (still available on endmyopia.org) of people who have had success.

Personally, I was wearing -9.0 -1.75 OD and -9.5 OS in August 2013.  I am now wearing -3.5 D in both eyes, though this is an undercorrection.  I would probably need -5 D for full correction.

Otis bases his advice on his personal experience.  He was at -7 D before he was able to correct this through cataract surgery.  He failed to recover from high myopia himself despite great effort, so he must think that no one else can do it.

Offline Hillyman

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:44:24 AM »
Ydgrunite

Going from -9 to -5 is terrific.  That's a real accomplishment and speaks to what is possible.