Author Topic: We Just Want The Truth  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Kabuto

We Just Want The Truth
« on: May 25, 2015, 07:15:52 AM »
SOMEBODY is lying.    Now at first, I thought it was the optometry industry who is deceiving us all by selling progressively stronger minus lenses.   I still very well believe this to be true.

But then, I’ve read that the plus lens can cause cataracts and other serious eye problems.   After about a month using them, I have noticed a lot more tension and stress in my eyes, but no vision improvement.   My eyes even feel stiff and dry after a plus session.  I would happily give the plus lens method a chance, but who’s to say these supposed risks aren’t true?   

Granted. the naysayers could easily be people trying to scare you away from the cure.   But what if they’re right?    What if the plus lens “is” harmful to the eye?   

We just want the truth- to rid people of this cruel eye deterioration from myopia and work together towards that goal.   If we all just fought to actually making myopia disappear, we could make the world a better place.

So I suppose this is a message towards those trying to make a quick buck and step on decent good-willed people trying to better their quality of life.   I urge those people to stop being evil, and consider the greater good for humanity.   I wish I knew who the righteous ones really were.

But unfortunately, I may have to simply discard the plus.   But I'm not giving up on vision improvement.   Perhaps this is a sign for me to quit working on the computer and find a career in agriculture, away from this modern disease.   

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: We Just Want The Truth
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:55:12 AM »
@Kabuto

There are many people in this forum that have worn plus for years and yet no cataracts or other eye problems. Even in researches that tell plus will not reverse myopia don't report side effects. The only exception is when you wear extremely high plus at the point you can't even read. Then too much blur some report can cause myopia.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:10:53 AM »
Maybe you qualify for an "InFocus" myopia prevention study.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuTT_lPoxmo

They would certainly tell you the truth.

Listen carefully.  They are stating that it is not possible to "get out of it", at 20/40.  Their, "treatments", can only, "slow down" the
rate at which your are CERTAIN TO GO DOWN.

You know what?  I agree with them - from THEIR perspective in THEIR office.

After all, we are only talking about long-term plus wear, to avoid going down at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year - if you choose
to reject the plus at 20/40.  That is truly a difficult choice to make.

@Kabuto

There are many people in this forum that have worn plus for years and yet no cataracts or other eye problems. Even in researches that tell plus will not reverse myopia don't report side effects. The only exception is when you wear extremely high plus at the point you can't even read. Then too much blur some report can cause myopia.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:32:29 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline HansK

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
But then, I’ve read that the plus lens can cause cataracts and other serious eye problems. [...]  I would happily give the plus lens method a chance, but who’s to say these supposed risks aren’t true?   

Do they even "prove" that a plus lens can cause cataracts? Well, it's the same if I make this statement: "Bodybuilding can lower your IQ".

Kind regards,
Hans

Offline Kabuto

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 07:30:17 AM »
I am aware they certainly don't prove it, I just wish I could get "proof" or clarity one way or another.  For sure...would absolutely make my life easier! 

Regardless, I'm sticking with the getting stronger philosophy of eye training at all times, but I'm hesitant to use the plus right now...especially because it made my eyes dry :/.   

Offline HansK

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 01:53:10 PM »
I am aware they certainly don't prove it, I just wish I could get "proof" or clarity one way or another.  For sure...would absolutely make my life easier! 

Regardless, I'm sticking with the getting stronger philosophy of eye training at all times, but I'm hesitant to use the plus right now...especially because it made my eyes dry :/.

How do you use the plus? Do you read always with a blur? If yes, how much? Very slight?

If you did not do this: push until there is the slightest blur and then pull it in until it is clear. Stop immediately. Now, pushing just a little bit further away should result in blur.

With that distance, do you get dry eyes, too? If not, good. Try to challenge your eyes occasionally by pushing a little bit and try to clear it. Look what is happening. If you feel strain, pull in your reading material and stop immediately where there is no blur.

Kind regards,
Hans