Author Topic: Are all claims of successful myopia cure - just a scam?  (Read 6297 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Are all claims of successful myopia cure - just a scam?
« on: July 02, 2015, 09:03:09 AM »

A number of you have raised this issue.  Here is a complete discussion of this issue.

http://endmyopia.org/the-myopia-miracle-cure/

So, do you believe that anyone who claims a success (like objectively reading the 20/20 line, after heavy use of a plus),
is creating a scam for you?

Do you believe you should confirm  your final result (i.e., reading the 20/20 line) is the correct way,
or do you feel that only an optometrist can tell you that you are successful in curing your myopia.

This is a review of Bates, who restricted his claim, to only people who had objective 20/40 to 20/70 vision.  He produced
successful results ONLY if the person, and the end of his effort, began to read the 20/20 line.

Todd was myopic.  Now he reads the 20/20 line.  Do you believe him?

What do you think?  What do you believe?

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Are all claims of successful myopia cure - just a scam?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
Subject:  What all of us demands from a "Rehab" program.

I don't want to read.   Just give me the solution in one e-mail.

And right he is!  After all, he did use an old pair of glasses, and he hasn't noticed any results.  Clearly, that should be indicative of why he is lacking progress.  That, and he has some other pair, of some indeterminate, un-doubtably wrong correction.  All that is missing is my recommendation on some other et cetera exercises, and he should be all set.

So I have been thinking of giving this contingent of would-be prospects what they want: 

The MIRACLE MYOPIA CURE E-BOOK.

Five easy payments of $19.95, and I will show you all the secrets of restoring your vision.

All you need is:

One pair of old glasses
One doesn't-matter-what-exactly prescription
The #endmyopia et cetera list of exercises
the MIRACLE CURE MYOPIA E-BOOK
That's it.  If you don't want to read all this text on the site and figure out all this business of rehab, the ebook is the perfect shortcut.

** back to reality **

There you have it.  You have been cheated - because no one will send you and email telling you how
to get out of 20/600 vision.   Oh, and make it fast, I do not have a lot of time to wait.

Further, should I buy your program, and do not get to 20/20  in about one month, your program is a fraud,
because you said I could.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:49:01 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:08:38 AM »
my thoughts :

eye vitamin supplements - a scam , but can help indirectly,
eye exercises - a scam
cure eyesight in a week - a scam
magic healing eyes - a scam,
bates method - a scam
ORTHO K - works, but too dangerous and doesn't solve the real problem

eye habits, understanding the eye, and practising these habits for about a year - a realistic improvement in myopia

I thought you didn't need the plus lens, and that simply going without glasses "mimics" the plus lens anyway

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 03:27:53 PM »
My Thoughts:

Here is the true SCAM, where "comments are disabled".  This is what I truly object to.  Worse, they use Bates' name - and
he can not defend himself.  (This sort of bull shit discredits Bates - and I object to that.)  Then the optometrists listen
to these claims (like get out of -8 diopters or so), and they blame Bates for that false claim.  The result?  Total
hostility at all levels.

But watch the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kz02k_5JN4

The real scam is the words, "... vision without glasses".  The next word, is "natural". How quickly
we fall victim to that word.  In fact, what I argue for,
is an educated person (at 20/40) to realize that the plus is indeed "preventive", and can never be prescribed.
It is not a "cure".  And yes, you will keep your distant vision, but you will be wearing a preventive-plus,
because of your scientific knowledge and wisdom.  You will not pay me, or any one else money - ever.

Otis>  A minus lens -  works, but because of its known dangers, does not solve the real problem.

Rtd...>  ORTHO K - works, but too dangerous and doesn't solve the real problem.

Otis>  But let me include:

Otis>  Lasik - works, impressively, but does not solve the real problem.

Otis> Cataract surgery, does indeed work (when done by an expert), and will give you 20/20.  (It is
not considered a solution for the problem of nearsightedness.)

Otis> Optometrist parents, who "wise up", and force their own children to sit up and always wear a plus during the
school years.  (It works, but this is not considered a "medical solution), so you will never hear about it, from
an "office optometrist" who will insist that the minus lens is "justified by science", and prevention of any sort will
never work.

Otis>  When an wise optometrist (who understands this scientific  issue) and keeps his own child in a plus
during the school years, and the child keeps his 20/20 vision -- is the optometrist committing a scam on his own child,
by helping his own child keep his distant vision clear for life?

+++++

my thoughts :

eye vitamin supplements - a scam , but can help indirectly,
eye exercises - a scam
cure eyesight in a week - a scam
magic healing eyes - a scam,
bates method - a scam
ORTHO K - works, but too dangerous and doesn't solve the real problem

eye habits, understanding the eye, and practising these habits for about a year - a realistic improvement in myopia

I thought you didn't need the plus lens, and that simply going without glasses "mimics" the plus lens anyway
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:57:26 PM by OtisBrown »

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 04:48:36 PM »
so if 20/20

you only use the plus lens for close up work ?