Author Topic: Clearing your vision, hormesis, and people who have done it.  (Read 6275 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Clearing your vision, hormesis, and people who have done it.
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:59:30 AM »
Dear Friends,
Todd describes, hormesis, as 'getting stronger', and the wisdom to "take charge" of your own life.  He applied this "stoic" concept to himself and cleared his Snellen to normal.  I know there are other people who have been able to clear their vision to normal (from say, 20/60 and -1 diopter) but it indeed takes a "strong will" to do it -- in my opinion.  It is necessary to document success -- to help others who have that type of "will".  Here is a statement by my friend, Stirling Colgate, and his success with the 'stoic' use of the plus to clear his vision back to normal:
Stirling's reply:
++++++++++++++
Yes I wrote that section of the book, but I am a physicist and if I prescribe
and am not a doctor, the consequences are serious, like law-suits, jail etc.

Indeed we are locked into an ancient paradigm ***. I was able to understand
about focus and eye sight when I was 13 and so could do it for myself, as using
strong plus lenses as I could use for a short while, months, and then plus
for all reading for the rest of my life, now 73.

I reversed nearsighted to normal three times during the war II, because lost
glasses several times and with reading close -- reverted to nearsightedness. I
always returned to 20-20 for distance when wearing the plus.
Dr. Stirling Colgate Ph.D.
+++++++++++

*** The "paradigm" of a "ray trace" eye, versus a "dynamic natural eye" having
postive and negative refractive STATES. Only the "ray trace" model is taught to
ODs. The are in total ignorance of ANY OTHER (PREVENTION) POSSIBLITY. OSB

Offline shadowfoot

Re: Clearing your vision, hormesis, and people who have done it.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:52:06 AM »
Wow, that is the ultimate experiment to really prove something. Maybe I should do that some day under the supervision of some researches. The experiment is this: induce strong myopia my close reading all the time and using minus lenses and then reverse it using plus lenses. I know of no better way to prove the theory. I probably won't do it though -- I value my vision too much.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 08:55:48 AM »
Hi Shadow,
Let me suggest this -- the "researchers" are more confused that most of the general public at this point.  This was the real discovery of Stirling Colgate -- that he was smarter than they were.  I know you learned this lesson, because you obtained a strong plus, and wore it to clear your Snellen to better-than 20/20.  That is REAL EMPOWERMENT.  But you suggest "making yourself myopia" by wearing a strong minus.  Just the knowledge of the effect of a minus would convince me to AVOID WEARING IT.  But for the record, this is what SCIENCE tells us about the effect of a minus, i.e., IT CAUSES SERIOUS MYOPIA ALL BY ITSELF!!!

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wildsoet/images/neg_lens_induce_myopia.swf

Thus why should I "cause" myself to become myopic -- to prove a point that has already been proven.

In fact, our "long-term" near 1) Induces a mild negative state of about -1 diopter and 20/40, but then, in an attempt to "help" we 2) Get a strong minus, and are not told about the proven effect of the minus on the natural eye.  This is a true problem of the "researchers" -- they are not paying attention the truly adverse effect of a minus lens, nor to item #1 either.  You comments are excellent.  Otis

Wow, that is the ultimate experiment to really prove something. Maybe I should do that some day under the supervision of some researches. The experiment is this: induce strong myopia my close reading all the time and using minus lenses and then reverse it using plus lenses. I know of no better way to prove the theory. I probably won't do it though -- I value my vision too much.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »

Subject:  I always believe in "doing plus-prevention myself".

This includes the use of a plus after you have

1) Confirmed 20/40 to 20/60 on your Snellen.

2) Used a -1/2 to -1.0 diopter lens to confirm that I can clear the Snellen to 20/20 with that lens.

3) This is to confirm that my retina and eye are excellent, and that I have a negative state of about -3/4 diopters.

From that self-measured situation, you can exert control, and slowly change your refractive state from -3/4 diopters to zero diopters, thus clearing your Snellen back to normal (a refractive state of from zero to +1/2 diopter.)

Here is how to "plush print" with a +2 to +2.5 diopter.  Clearly, you must select your plus lens, and actually check this out in a drug store -- at no cost to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXMXO-ve9eo&feature=youtu.be

This is the approach used by pilots to clear their distant vision after inducing a mild negative status from long-term close work for one to three years.

Reversing a negative status for the natural eye, is indeed slow, but wise if you want your distant vision clear, in my opinion.

Enjoy,

Otis

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:36 AM »
Subject; Why do doctors remain silent -- about the possibility of prevention at 20/40 and -3/4 diopters.

Here are the reasons:

To the extent you are not told about the adverse effect of a minus lens on the natural eye (as pure science) you are being led down the prim-rose path. You may not either like, or accept the need for prevention (when you are at 20/40 on your Snellen), but you should know about this (preventive) second-opinion. No OD or MD would have to take long to discuss this with you. But they all should give you a reference (wed site) that discusses (prevention) at 20/40.

Why "doctors" remain silent. The reason is that the fear YOU WILL SUE THEM, if they advocate prevention, and you feel that it does not "work" for you. That is not a "scam", that is their fear of being sued for malpractice.

The doctors feel that their ONLY JOB, is to have you look at a Snellen, and if you have trouble reading the 20/40 line, then their ONLY JOB is to put you into a -3/4 diopter lens.  I think that science is more than that.  But I like to fully understand the reasons why they remain silent, when I would rather protect my distant vision myself.  It is important to understand this issue, and why prevention under your control is both necessary and wise.

Otis

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 04:48:01 PM »

Subject: Why must I wear a plus (when I am an 20/40 and hate wearing  a plus for near)?

Re:  My OD told me that a plus "will not work".  Why should I take personal responsibility to IGNORE his recommendation that I NOT protect my distant vision with  my own plus lens?

Here is part of my attempt to answer the question of "WHY" it would be wise to ignore destructive "standard practice", and check your Snellen yourself.

+++++++

I had good eye-doctor describe much of this problem (including my bad faults  as a child).  But it is very difficult to describe to a mother, WHY, when  the child has 20/40 and refraction of -1 diopter, the child should NOT wear  that obvious minus lens, and instead 1) Sit up, and 2) For the long-term,  always wear a plus, and read at the "just blur" point.

Unless the person has a good education, and the motivation to do it -- the  child will simply IGNORE ALL WHO ARE ATTEMPTING TO HELP HIM.

For the person who asks, "WHY", you have provided some of the answer.  I  hope everyone read your description of how we ask, "WHY", and how the public  always ignores the answer -- or does not answer his own question of "WHY".

http://www.doyletics.com/arj/whyrvw.htm

As you might know, I "arm twisted" my nephew to use the plus, when it  "...got blurry out there".

He did this in a logical and consistent answer.  He is highly intelligent,  wise and motivated.

How do I know he did this (under his wise control).

1) Because he never failed the DMV requirement of 20/40. and when we checked  together, he read the 20/20 line

2) Because if he did not do this, he would be about -4 diopters (about  20/200) at this time.

I don't know if I ever answered his "WHY" question, but he did it correctly.

I have advocated that a preventive program be initiated with engineers at a  four year college -- who had a starting refractive state of -3/4 diopters.

I think the question of "why" could be answered, and they would become  successful.

But the study will never be conducted.  WHY?  Because I am an engineer, and  because Dr. Kaisu IS DENIED PUBLICATION IN HER MEDICAL JOURNALS. That's why.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 03:10:18 AM »
Subject: Effect of wearing glasses on myopia progression

Re:  The two methods or prevention - Bates and/or Plus.

Hi Todd,

I agree with you. I deeply appreciate that ophthalmologists can only "react" to
us - after we develop self-induced negative status for our natural eyes.

I hold myself responsible to know this, and begin the preventive process (could
be Bates or "Plus) before my Snellen chart goes below 20/40.

This means I have the knowledge and wisdom to actually, systematically look at
and judge both my visual acuity, as well as check my refraction with my own test
lenses.

Thus, in my judgment, this is like "weight control" - where the responsibility
is NOT in a "medical person" - but in myself that I have the wisdom to take care
of myself.

Even Dr. Bates felt this transfer of authority was necessary - since he taught
TEACHER how to help children to restore their vision from 20/50 to better-than
20/40 - and in many cases to 20/20.

The real problem is that most people are totally lacking in the motivation to do
it (be it by Bates or Plus). We post here to help people to learn how to avoid
entry into serious nearsightedness - before it gets out-of-hand - when you start
wearing an over-prescribed minus all the time.

It is clear that for both the Bates and Plus method - that the minus should be
avoided whilst wearing the plus and monitoring your Snellen - to make certain
you slowly get out of it.

Todd - I am pleased you got yourself out of myopia - and always make certain you
pass the required DMV test.

Otis

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 12:08:32 PM »
Subject: Just AVOIDING nearsightedness - requires wisdom and persistence.

There is no doubt that an OD can't help me with prevention.

There are a number of reason why they can not, or will not help. I accept all
those reasons.

Here are my remarks to a man who has been wearing a plus when necessary -
through school.

+++++++++

Uncle,

Yes, using the plus has required considerable effort on my part over 30 years.
However, like saving money and preventing other health problems, it only takes a
bit of good information to get me motivated to PREVENT future problems. The
unfortunate part with eyes that you point out is that good information is sorely
lacking. Unfortunately, just as Blue OD tries to misinform, there are far too
many like him in the "other body parts" healthy living arena and people like you
and me who advocate prevention are the fewer voices against the ones offering
miracle cures for large costs ... but no effort involved.

+++++++++

It was very clear to me, from my Raphaelson conversations, that no OD can help
me or you with prevention. It was Dr. Frank Young's reasearch (showing the eye
going down at –1/2 doipter per year – for children) that convinced me that the
only time it could be prevented – was at the "start to blur at distance".

This truly is difficult, because most people can not "conceptualize" the idea
that ODs are to totally arrogant – as "Blue OD" has proven to be.

You quite frankly must AVOID THAT EDUCATED IDIOT.

But we both have the obligation to personally read and pass the 20/40 line.
That is taking objective responsibility. I am certain that, had you gone to an
OD, you would have gotten a –1, –2 or –3 diotper lens. In innocence you would
have worn it – and destroyed your distant vision permanently.

I wanted you to see the gross arrogance that would have done that – yourself.

I know "kids" are impossible on this issue – at this time. You were lucky to be
wise and smart to take over control – and do the "plus" yourself.

Most people have difficulty with the concept that the plus must be "repeated"
through the school years. But the facts show that it is necessary.

Congratulations on your success in school. You will get your certification – it
is clear.

Given that Blue is a total disaster – this is why I go to an ophthalmologist.
But I also verify my Snellen BEFORE I go. Last time they WANTED TO PRESCRIBE A
LENS – the "one better ... two better" business.

I had already read the 20/20 line for them!!

So I just said I did not see "any improvement".

Most people TRUST these ODS. There are profound reason why you can't trust
them.

This is why I have those two "test" minus lenses.

That ENDS any medical issue – if you use them.

If, due to long-term close work, you see some "blur" 20/30 on your Snellen –
just take the –1/2 and hold it up. If it clears the 20/20 line – you have
negative status of –1/2 diopters.

Then – just wear the plus, and slowly the 20/20 line clears.

That is how you avoid these arrogant and disasterous ODs.

+++++

Further response:

Nephew> I know for a fact that I would have had much worse eye sight had I not
been wearing the plus. Even now and maybe even quicker now, when I don't use
the plus during close work my eyes will shift toward myopia. It's quite easy to
see (or not) when I'm outside. If I've been using the plus, much sharper
vision. If I've not been using the plus, fuzzy vision.

++++++

If you are VERY serious about prevention - and are in school - then you must understand that our eyes go down by about -1/2 diopter/ per year.

This  means there can be no "instant" quick fix, and "just prevention" requires that you continue to wear the plus as my nephew did it.

This is totally out-of-scope for optometry or ophthalmology.

But it has been done.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 04:00:00 AM »
Subject: Todd's success - and a wise doctor who supports the concept.

It is tragic, that so many ophthalmologists "fall" for the myth that ALL negative status for the natural eye - is ALL pure genetic, and NOTHING can be done for prevention (when  you are at 20/40 to 20/60).  Because this myth is in the "medical mind" you are led to believe that the ONLY answer is a strong minus lens - which is always over-prescribed.

It takes a wise person to recognize that this is a tragic scientific mistake.  It would be wonderful if we were provided with this "second-opinion" and encouraged to wear the plus before we go below 20/40.  Here is Dr. Kaisu's statement that we must use the plus, to "save" our distant vision through the school years.

http://kaisuviikari.com/wordpress/

No one can tell you, "perfectly" what you should do.  But it is truly like a "diet", where you learn to protect your distant vision yourself - with a plus for near.

Otis