Author Topic: Edge of blur just doesnt do it  (Read 1853 times)

Offline gekonus

Edge of blur just doesnt do it
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:22:32 PM »
Print pushing should be easy,  but it just doesnt work for me and others here. When you stretch the extra ocular muscles you can get better vision but the eye gets back to its original state.
Sometimes blinking gives better vision simply because it flattens the lense OR the eye gets watery and the water acts as a lense. Nothing works permanently , for me at least. I even tried gabor filters( contrast exercises) yet only had temporary improvements too.

Offline qofmiwok

Re: Edge of blur just doesnt do it
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 05:44:19 PM »
It worked for me.  I have reduced my prescription by more than half in less than 6 months.  I read with lenses that are +2.5 to +3 more spherical, and a bit less cylinder than my distance prescription.  I push the focus while I'm reading.  And for the most part that's all I have done.  I certainly am not progressing now as quickly as I did at first, but am continuing to make progress.  I am 51 and have worn glasses since college, with high astigmatism.

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:17:12 AM »
to the OP

use a plus lens to read

then it will make sense

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
Hi Rtd,

You must "get the idea" first.  Then you must accept that long-term plus wear is REQUIRED.  Most people will never accept the necessity of it.
I wish I had this type of education - that is why I post here in a very limited way.

Qof>  It worked for me.  I have reduced my prescription by more than half in less than 6 months.

Otis>  As per Qof, I do not ask that they report their Snellen, because that it not too important.  I do ask that they personally verify
that they do better-than 20/40, and continue to wear the plus.

Otis> Then, eventually, after doing better-that 20/40, I ask, as a matter of personal pride, that they go down and take
the DMV test, that requires that you exceed the 20/40 line.  That is the only objective test that matters - and that is truly important.

to the OP

use a plus lens to read

then it will make sense
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:56:36 PM by OtisBrown »

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
if we assume the OP is -4 in both eyes,

perhaps the questions he should be asking are

what do I do when I look into the distance, for example, at the moon ? a full strength -4 lens ?

what do I do for close up work and reading ? a plus lens ?

what do I need for day to day activities, they may or may not need my full strength lens ? a weaker prescription ?