Author Topic: Optometry is only about money - never about you protecting your distant vision.  (Read 665 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Subject: Optometry is only about money - never about you protecting your distant vision - for life under your control.

That is the tragic lesson I learned - from a totally honest optometrist.  The honesty that I had to accept, was
that science showed that a minus lens (while impressive) is the worst possible solution.  It only makes
matters worse - never better.   But few people want to believe it.  All the "money" is in impressing
you with a strong minus, and then convincing you that a minus is, "perfectly safe".

I will post this - and  you can make your own judgments.

In fact, for myself and Todd, prevention is in fact free.  I just have to monitor my own Snellen chart, and make certain
I always read and pass the 20/20 line.  ( I also check my own refraction, and I recommend anyone very
serious about self-prevention do the same. )

One thing is certain - for Todd.  Once he worked his way back to 20/20, he will NEVER wear a minus lens again.

Science shows that the natural eye is highly responsive to a minus lens - you just
have to look at the facts yourself.  But the OD will try to convince you that
you must have a belief "against science" - so he can impress you with a strong minus lens.

Think for yourself.  Trust - but verify.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:35:54 PM by OtisBrown »