Author Topic: Plus Prevention Optometrist Parent. (Can only help his own son with long-term  (Read 746 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Subject:  Plus Prevention Optometrist Parent. (Can only help his own son with long-term plus wear.)  This
means almost permanent plus wear for all close work during the school years.

There is no way, however, you can convince the "great mass of humanity" to do this.  This is the full reason
why I am not a critic of any optometrist.

The science supporting "just prevention at 20/40 - is indeed developed.  But no OD can, or will  ever tell  you this.

I think you can figure out WHY, no OD will help you, although he will help his own children, at 20/40.

+++++

Dear Insightful Optometrist.

I know that very insightful ODs, have insisted their own children wear the plus (on the threshold).
I wonder if you would like to make a statement about that your father – how he got you to wear the plus, when you were young.
What do you think about doing that?

+++++

Otis>  Remark about his optometrist father.

Optometrist>  indeed I had 2 pairs of glasses 1 dist  1 for reading diff coloured frames one night my father came home to see me reading with the wrong glasses. I was only tiny. he wordlessly straightened me out quick and smart.

+++++

Otis> From long interviews with a few optometrist, I found this truth out.  But no OD is in the "business" to tell you this,
because they are dead certain you will not take any of this seriously. 

Otis>  This is why I never say, "cure", only avoid, while you still can read the 20/40 line.

Offline OtisBrown

Thanks for your statement.  I had suspected (after my eyes were destroyed by...

1) My own bad habits, and

2) Then by repeated strong minus lenses applied to my eyes,

that a FEW optometrists would have worked out the necessity of plus-prevention for their own children, while
they could still read the 20/40 line.

Dr. Young’s study, proved the necessity of making this type of choice – as an "either now, or never" type of choice.

I know that almost everyone does not want to “hear” that you must start wearing a plus, when at 20/40. 

I wish there were a “mechanism”, that would make an effort to INFORM a person about the results of Dr. Young’s five year study.

But there is no such mechanism.

Thanks for your insightful statement.