Author Topic: Cracking down  (Read 1717 times)

Offline stephenmarklay

Cracking down
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:33:54 AM »
Ok, enough Paleo eating and getting fat  ;D  I switched over to a rather Paleo low-carb (Ketogenic) diet a couple of months ago.  I did it to lose weight for cycling but I had been really over-trained so I really stopped most of my training and took up walking to get my body back to a normal level.

Well Gary Taubes is wrong. You most certainly can get fat eating fat.  Having said that, I have no intention on changing the foods I am eating.  I just ordered a 1/4 cow for gods sake and I have 15 pounds of shredded coconut in my freezer too!

The point is that if you over eat you can get fat period. 

The good is that I feel healthy and strong.  I also will start training again for cycling and I am going to use the forgotten ideas of endurance training (not just intervals) to coax my body to burn more fat and less sugar.

I am going to use the information on this site to condition my body to be strong in every way that I can as well.  Starting with getting my emotions under control to get my big butt under control

Offline shadowfoot

Re: Cracking down
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
Of course you can get fat eating too much fat. Calories do matter, after all. It's just that low carb diets tend to be very satiating and high-carb diets tend to not be as satiating. Check out http://carbsanity.blogspot.com/ for a very good discussion of low carb dieting from someone who thinks that most of the reasons why we think it works are wrong, but still eats way.