Author Topic: How do you know if a person is successful? (About EndMyopia)  (Read 5087 times)

Offline OtisBrown

How do you know if a person is successful? (About EndMyopia)
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »
Dear Friends,

I like Jake, and his totally honest approach.  It is a breath of fresh air - in a "closed world".  The "optometry" position, is that even the slightest reported recovery, is 1) A con artist, 2) A false scientific claim,  3) It is only a "tear film" effect, and a person's refraction can never change.  4) If a person does clear his vision from 20/60 to 20/20, (refractive change of +2 diopters), then that is only because he is developing presbyopia -- it has nothing to do with the fact that the eye's refraction DOES CHANGE if you modify, or get rid of your "near environment".

But let us review Jake's site - on a regular basis.  I would recommend that those who wish to learn, add your own commentary.

http://endmyopia.org/al-does-it-with-just-the-blog-4-75-to-3-00-progress/

First:  I think we all agree that some people with a mild prescription, by a combination of "exercise", and plus for near, have succeeded in getting to naked-eye 20/40, (about -1 diopter for 20/20), and then, in about nine months to a year, have gotten to 20/20.  This is totally personal, and no is involved.

Second:  I will agree that there are people like Hans (with due respect) who seem to do the same thing - and see absolutely no effect.

Third:  Yet we see in this report, a person who gets an objective change of about +1 diopter, in about one year.

What is your opinion, about why some people succeed -- and other do not.  Any ideas as to why? For me, success is 1) Personally reading the
20/40 line, and the pleasure of doing it myself - with my own powerful intentions, as per this discussion.

http://www.powerfulintentions.org/forum/topics/success-story-how-to-effectively-reverse-nearsightedness

Yes - prevention will always be personal and objective.  Tragically, no OD in an office has any interest - or ability to help. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:08:19 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline OtisBrown

Re: How do you know if a person is successful? (About EndMyopia)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:53:14 PM »
For those interested in including exercise - here is a recommended site:

Posted: 08 Nov 2015 03:21 PM PST

http://www.forbestvision.com/

Dynamic vision trainer, elementary eye exercises set contains nine exercises. The first one helps you to improve the upward and downward eye movements. Before you start the exercise, you should look through the screen of monitor to reach the fusion effect after double vision. As the result of the merge, you’ll see three columns instead of [...]

=========

Subject: The "last diopter" - and what I do not understand.

First, I congratulate Christian.   I think he is very lucky.

http://endmyopia.org/christians-last-diopter-from-1-25-to-1-00/

But - as my opinion - I always wonder why he does not "shift" to reading his own Snellen.

I know that a large number of ODs over-prescribe, feeling that they are required to do so.  This can result in a
-1 diopter prescription - for a person who reads the 20/30 line.

This is why I always ask a person to check - himself.    If he passes that line, I ask him to go pass the DMV 20/40 line - as
a truly objective verification.

That is what I do not understand in most people.

I do not say, "quit" or "you are successful", I just say, you can now almost always avoid the minus - and from my
perspective, concentrate on using a strong plus for all close work.

I do not "fight" the OD measurement - its just that I trust my own measurement, as meeting my personal needs.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:48:00 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline strongmama

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »
I also do not trust the office measurement as much as my own. It's such a fake condition in the dim room, nervous that someone is about to poke your eye. And eyesight naturally fluctuates throughout the day. I have several charts posted around the house and can watch their clarity change with different lighting and based on my own levels of energy. I do not trust these as "official" measurements either because I know you need consistent good lighting for that, I find this constant looking good for my own amusement and for giving me things to focus on. I do the online IVAC when I want more reliable readings to check progress because it is lit from the computer and unpredictable letters, but I still find results can vary based on energy level.

Offline rtdfgdfgdfgdfg

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 03:48:43 PM »
When I started, my pc screen was next to my face.

Now it is further away.

I consider that progress (print pushing)

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 09:16:10 AM »
Hi -

Here is my favorite post from "EndMyopia".

http://endmyopia.org/matt-50-prescription-reduction-since-2014/

The video of the minus lens, and its impressive effect (leaves falling behind minus lens) should tell us how powerful that minus lens is - for all of us.

But - for me - it is indeed "dangerous" for exactly that reason.  It takes a "good mind" to figure out why you should avoid wearing it - most of the time.

When I started, my pc screen was next to my face.

Now it is further away.

I consider that progress (print pushing)

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 09:57:52 AM »
More people successfully clearing their vision (OD confirmed)

http://endmyopia.org/a-must-read-progress-update-jon-optometrist/

How are the rest of you doing?

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 07:46:16 AM »
Dear Friends,

Subject: What to do about a "low prescription", i.e., -3/4 diopters?

I find out that people LOVE THAT MINUS LENS.  They can not "let it go".  They can not, and will not look at a Snellen.  That always FORCES
a strong prescription in an OD's office.  I like Jake - the entire concept of his site.

But i will argue about this issue of "went to trash" that weak minus lens.

http://endmyopia.org/qa-17-equalizing-low-myopia/

I remember Hans. He REFUSED to stop wearing that minus lens, even after he confirmed 20/30 to 20/30 vision !!!

Then, he got "tired" of wearing the plus.  So he quit.

For me, if I had had that type of information, and the proven fact that our eyes "go down" at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year,
if I DO NOT WEAR THE PLUS INTELLIGENTLY -- I would have worn the plus though the college years.

But then - you can never expect an OD to help you - when you will not even help yourself.

Look at your own Snellen, objectively.  Be wise about this issue.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 07:05:44 PM »
Why you will never get any "TRUTH" out of an optometrist. 

Jake is getting pretty accurate in this statement - about, intellectually, WHY an OD will not tell you to avoid the minus (if it is possible, and
if you can still read the 20/40 to 20/30 line, at home.)

http://endmyopia.org/bi-focal-contact-lenses-for-myopia-control/

So yes, I understand they do not want to "tell you" that the minus lens causes, "negative status" as a matter of fundamental scientific truth.
But here - is the deeper issue - that you must understand.  These ODs see their kids doing, "negative state" inducing habits, and
"laugh it off".  This is where my argument breaks down.   For your enjoyment here it the OD's statement:

https://myopiafree.wordpress.com/od-myopic-kids/

So no, I just verify I pass the 20/20 line - and wear a +2.5 to +3 as I type this.  I just regret never being taught to
truly wear the plus, when I could still read the 20/30 line, and get totally out of it.

Make your own educated choice on this matter.

As always, incomplete wearing of a plus, simply does not work.

http://www.powerfulintentions.org/forum/topics/success-story-how-to-effectively-reverse-nearsightedness

Working to a reasonable 20/30 level - is the goal. Demanding 20/13, and 20/10, is a guarantee for failure.  No one
said that prevention would ever be "easy".
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:19:12 PM by OtisBrown »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 05:01:06 AM »
This has always been, *my question*.

The EXACT reason why an OD will never help you with, "just prevention".

Jake –

Otis> I would strongly support this effort.

Jake> So it would make sense to invite others to be part of this dialog. Long time practitioners with lots of experience and an open mind, might be ideal to open up new ideas. Optometry friends!

Otis> But remember, the OD has a minus lens that works instantly. The OD spent $150,000 to get, “in his office”. If he attempts to do ANYTHING different, he can be sued (successfully) and be debarred from “practice of medicine”. Now, for telling the truth – his is “out on the street”, with no way to make a living. You are free of that problem. Keep on posting your wonderful Blog. Thanks !

=========

http://endmyopia.org/25-years-in-optometry-what-she-just-said-about-me/

Jake gets many things RIGHT.  This is the reason why an OD will remain "silent" about prevention.  Do not bother asking any more.

Offline strongmama

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 05:22:41 AM »

Just curious, what is your definition of complete wearing of a plus? Can't remember if it was you or not, but I thought someone said any close task you're doing for more than 5 minutes. It's easy to have a pair next to the computer or book and on the table at meals, but I know there are other times during the day when I could push the blur more like cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth (mine and kids), etc. I've heard of some people wearing a low plus all the time around the house, and I'm thinking about trying that. My myopia is low, I never wore glasses until starting this plus stuff. I've had it for a long time, but even without knowing about NITM and the official science I'd figured out it only happened sometimes and was related to my stress levels.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 06:26:27 AM »

Hi Strongmama,

I always start with a person (with mild nearsightedness) putting up a Snellen chart, and objectively determining WHICH line he reads 1/2 the letters correctly.  This is to remove the OD from "involvement", or that type of dependency.

Once you have established that you can read the 20/40 line - you can proceed to begin wearing a plus - and avoid the minus, except to drive a car.  But everything depends on checking that Snellen over several weeks.

Then the issue is your goal.  I consider success to be me exceeding THE 20/30 LINE.

For plus-wear,  i just buy 2 to 3 diopter plus lenses, for $3, and have them by my computer, and where I read.  Then, when reading or computer - always with the plus.

Clearing that Snellen is indeed a very slow process.  Do you have the interest? Do you have the motivation.  This process must continue for at least one year (from long experience).  Do you demand 20/18, 20/15 vision?  If you do - then this process is not for you.  (This was Han's problem.)

There is nothing trivial about prevention.  I am not a critic of you or Hans.  I just think it takes a strong person to understand and do it.

Just curious, what is your definition of complete wearing of a plus? Can't remember if it was you or not, but I thought someone said any close task you're doing for more than 5 minutes. It's easy to have a pair next to the computer or book and on the table at meals, but I know there are other times during the day when I could push the blur more like cooking, washing dishes, brushing teeth (mine and kids), etc. I've heard of some people wearing a low plus all the time around the house, and I'm thinking about trying that. My myopia is low, I never wore glasses until starting this plus stuff. I've had it for a long time, but even without knowing about NITM and the official science I'd figured out it only happened sometimes and was related to my stress levels.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 04:48:26 AM »
Subject: Medical Stone-walling, and the long-term effect it has on your life.

Jake -

I run into this endlessly.  You are indeed qualified to object to this attitude. This is the issue that does need to be discussed.

Jake> .... you're all idiots because no degree and your progress reports also, meaningless.  That, the verdict from myopic myopia control experts.

Otis> Discussions that start this way ... are going to produce anger ... and not rational thought.

Otis>  I receive my share of insults, etc.  But I look at science, and listen to "second opinion" ODs, who recognize this problem of arrogance.  I only ask for "balanced" scientific honesty ... when I can still read the 20/40 line.  (Self-measured -1 diopter.)  I want an educated choice, because, if I do not take scientific prevention seriously, I will lose my distant vision more or less permanently.  I ask that I be presented with a written statement, that will offer me and education that would have me read your extensive research, which is free.  Then I would make my choice, to either "engage" in true prevention, that would get me back to 20/20, or my vision would go down the drain at the scientifically established rate of -1/2 diopter per year.  Keep on with your daily posts - I truly need to be informed of this issue while prevention is still possible for me. 

http://endmyopia.org/m-d-thoughts-playing-by-the-rules/

I do not know what your "feelings" are about getting NO INFORMATION about prevention, when you are at 20/40, but I certainly learned that I will get no help from an OD in his office - EVER.

Enjoy,
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:57:01 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 04:10:15 AM »
Subject: The "Cause" of myopia is discovered.

I personally will only say “avoid” while you can still read the 20/25 to 20/30 line (self-measured –3/4 diopter) and have the great resolve
to accept long-term plus wear for the purpose of prevention.

But please enjoy!

http://endmyopia.org/breaking-science-discovers-the-cause-of-nearsightedness/

If we do not discuss problems with an open  mind (restricted to –1/2 to –3/4 diopters), and give the person the intelligence and
motivation to take this seriously, entering a four year college – he loses his distant vision – permanently.

We have proposed a preventive study, where each person receives the education he needs to make this critical choice.

I can not guarantee  what a person might choose to do, but a plus has been worn by a child for five years – with successful results.

With a mature adult, the results could be better than that.

But long-term prevention, means that each man understands these statistics – and the consequence of neglect.

He needs to understand that proven –1/2 diopter per  year – if he does not take plus-wearing seriously.

But that is indeed a scientific choice.

It is certainly never a medical choice – as no one can prescribe that degree of scientific knowledge and persistence.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 07:10:07 PM »
Subject:  ODs who use, "come on words", like "prevention", to mean they will help you get out of it - in order
to sell you Orth-K, that does not accomplish that goal.

Question:  When does spending a lot of money, and not getting out of it, (as prevention implies) becomes fraud? 

https://www.facebook.com/Myopia-Prevention-174500052560865/

It will cost you a  huge amount of money, and in the end, you will be no better off for it. Here is the
beautiful site, where you presume the child will never become myopic, because of the ad.

http://www.myopiaprevention.org/

My vote, for the most honest of sites, is again Jake's, "End Myopia".  He makes suggestions, and
you can believe him if you wish.  It is the most comprehensive site that I have ever reviewed.

This the real problem, selling prevention - when you damn well know - you have nothing to offer but a huge expense.

Here is the complete site - for your interest.  I would prefer it if the man simply said, all prevention IS IMPOSSIBLE,
or if you want prevention (from 20/40, self-measured -1 diopter), then YOU WILL HAVE TO DO THAT YOURSELF.

I do not even help my own children - what makes you think I have any interest in your visual future?

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 07:20:08 PM by OtisBrown »