Author Topic: my journey from( -4.5 ,-4.5)  (Read 7294 times)

Offline kuber

my journey from( -4.5 ,-4.5)
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »
Its been 45 days I've been printpushing . In another 15 days i will go for the eyetest
Will post about my improvement.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: my journey from( -4.5 ,-4.5)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 04:47:16 AM »
Hi Kuber,

Let me add Jakes commentary - for reference.  No OD is set up for prevention of any kind.

http://endmyopia.org/eyesight-health-topics/

As you probably know, Jake got out of -4 diopters.  I always suggest more independence int he person - like getting your own Snellen, and stetting it up and reading it at 20 feet.  At -4 diopters, it takes a long time to reach the point of reading the 20/60 line.  The ODs measure, not for 20/20, but for a minus that gives you 20/15 vision.  just remember that issue. 

I think that the eye-care profession has totally failed us.

Its been 45 days I've been printpushing . In another 15 days i will go for the eyetest
Will post about my improvement.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:33:13 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline kuber

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:42:58 AM »
Yes Otis sir .
I do have a snellen hung in my garden. But i dont want to see it,i saw it for the first two weeks  everyday and found no change ,it demotivates me.  Like we dont check the weight everyday in the gym,i  feel we should not check the snellen e everyday. I will check it once a month.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:57:11 AM »
Hi Kuber,

I suggest Jake's method of measurement for you.  Since you have a -4 diopter prescription, you should be able to read clearly at 10 inches.  (25 cm).

When i suggest self measurement, I do say, "do this every day".  I say, do is for comfort, and a reference by which you can judge any success you achieve.
I do this to say you money.  If you must go to an optometrist - your measurements get very expensive indeed.

In fact,  I agree the once you get set with your base-line measurement, you do not have to do them anymore - for several moths.  We all know that change is very slow.  But, like weight-loss, you must establish a base line - to objectively tell if you have any effect at all.

Yes Otis sir .
I do have a snellen hung in my garden. But i dont want to see it,i saw it for the first two weeks  everyday and found no change ,it demotivates me.  Like we dont check the weight everyday in the gym,i  feel we should not check the snellen e everyday. I will check it once a month.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:19:27 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline foie

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:17:19 AM »
Hi Kuber,
I have the same prescription than you !!!! How many minutes "print pushing" do you spend by day ? For me 30 minutes of snellen charts and it s difficult to have improvements ....
I hope that will work for you ....

Offline kuber

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 05:48:52 AM »
Foie:  i don't understand what u mean by 30 minutes of snellen.
I do print pushing almost every time i read anything on computer ot my mobile or any book.

Offline kuber

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 05:57:59 AM »
Yes Otis sir i did record my snellen reading when i started . On december 1. I am keeping a hardbound diary recording my vision and also every single step I'm taking towards vision improvement regarding diet and exercises.

I'm determined to get out of myopia.

I take advice very seriously and follow it religiously. (I wish i had not  followed the advice of the optician 20 years ago that warned me to wear the 0.5 /0.5 lenses all the time lest my eyesight would worsen further. My parents followed his advice too and didnt let remove my glasses even at home.)

Offline foie

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 06:03:13 AM »
i read a snellen chart trying to see the smallests caracters ... I do it 30 minutes by day .... Its like "print pushing" but at 6 meters .

Offline kuber

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 07:30:12 AM »
But at -4 how would u see the smallest ones

Offline foie

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 01:16:23 AM »
Good question ! Today i wear -3.5 glasses all the day and i practice on snellen charts to see 20/20 ! Good luck for your improvements !

Offline kuber

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 05:39:57 PM »
It was my worse eyesight day yesterday. I notice my eyesight is bright clear somedays compared to other days.

Offline kuber

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 05:55:15 AM »
I'm on a trip and so couldn't go for my eye test.  Will do it as soon as I'm back.
I feel eyes see better on vacations.. i see much clear

Offline kuber

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
Checked my eyes on my snellen ,(bright day light outside).i see 20/40 though blurry but i can make out.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
Hi Kuber,

I always amazes me, when a person with a prescribed -4 diopter, can read or make out most of the letter on the 20/40 line on a
bright Snellen.

That suggest to me that you are seriously over-prescribed.  This is why I always ask a person to check themselves, objectively.

You should be able to do all close work with no minus lens.  Further, you can probably watch TV, with no glasses (just sit closer).

The people who recovery, manage to avoid wearing that strong minus, most of the time.  I never over-claim success.

But being objective - is indeed the first step on that road to normal vision.

Checked my eyes on my snellen ,(bright day light outside).i see 20/40 though blurry but i can make out.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:28:40 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline foie

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 05:51:28 AM »
Hi Kuber, the last time you asked to me: "But at -4 how would u see the smallest ones"
  Today you can see 20/40 on snellen chart ???????????????
At what distance ??  I m a little surprised ....