Author Topic: my journey from( -4.5 ,-4.5)  (Read 5169 times)

Offline kuber

Re: my journey from( -4.5 ,-4.5)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 01:21:52 AM »
Yes foie. I can see the 20/40line from 20 feet .(in bright light outdoors)
At the start that is on december 1 st, i checked the snellen indoors in my room i coudnt see the 20/200 line.

Offline kuber

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 01:25:45 AM »
Otis sir ,yes it could be a combination of both over prescription and myeyesight  improvement.
I remember on december 1st i couldn't see the 20/200line on the snellen.
I guess I've been lucky to witness massive improvements in 2 months.

I cross checked with my sister. She is a -4 myope too and when i asked her to read the snellen hung outdoors she couldn't read  the 20/200 .

Thank you Todd sir and Otis sir
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:03:46 AM by kuber »

Offline foie

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 05:22:59 AM »
Ok Kuber, did you check  your snellen with light indoor ? You didn t mention it ....

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »
What diopter did you finally get at your  latest eyetest?

Offline kuber

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 10:30:54 PM »
@whilee
Today morning ,(infact every morning since a week,)  i can see 20/30, outdoors in bright light.
I can also make out some letters of 20/20  if i squint a little.

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 06:19:12 AM »
@whilee
Today morning ,(infact every morning since a week,)  i can see 20/30, outdoors in bright light.
hi,
I'm interested in knowing how much your diopter  has improved from -4.5 objectively. I'm also at -4.5 according to the eye reading device at the optometrist. :)

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 06:41:47 AM »
Thanks, gonna watch it later.

I don't believe they over prescribe in my country, but they  give what you need to get at 0 diopter (with glasses on).

Offline kuber

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2016, 01:12:21 AM »
Hi Kuber,
Congratulations.  Personally, I take EXCEEDING the 20/40 line as a success - but I do mean naked-eye in bright light.

Could you clarify one point.  Is this naked eye vision, BOTH EYES OPEN? 

Thanks,

@whilee

Yes i see the 20/30 line ,with both eyes open ,naked ,in bright outdoor light .Somedays i see it much clear than others.

Offline kuber

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 01:15:22 AM »
@whilee
hi,
I'm interested in knowing how much your diopter  has improved from -4.5 objectively. I'm also at -4.5 according to the eye reading device at the optometrist. :)

I dont want to go to the optometrists so soon. I am damn sure they will over prescribe me and try to tell me all my improvement is rubbish.

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
@whilee
hi,
but they can measure your refractive error (for free)  so you can see what lenses you'd need now, they wouldn't force you to buy glasses

I dont want to go to the optometrists so soon. I am damn sure they will over prescribe me and try to tell me all my improvement is rubbish.

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 01:11:35 PM »
Oops :P
Corrected:
@whilee
hi,

but they can measure your refractive error (for free)  so you can see what lenses you'd need now, they wouldn't force you to buy glasses

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 08:57:34 AM »
A measurement by an optometrist is free, he probably knows he has -4.5 this way

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 10:59:07 AM »
OD's are professional doctors, they aren't free, optometrists sell glasses and will measure your momentary vision for free, they prescribe the diopter to result at a zero diopter, focal point on the retina when the ciliary is relaxed, which is over prescription, better than 20/20, but accurate and objective  nonetheless.

Kuber probably knows he has -4.5 because an optometrist measured it for him.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:00:41 AM by Wheelie »

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 12:27:20 PM »
Wow, thanks for calling me an idiot lol.

In the topic title he states he has or had -4.5, how does he know? Not from snellen, that's for sure. I only say find out the current diopter the way he found out he had -4.5, probably for free at an optometrist, like he suggested in another post,  for objective numbers.
I had mine tested last week for free at a random optometrist  and didn't have to buy anything. Yes they over prescribed when I could try what they have measured, everything was crisp, complete  overkill.
20/30 and even 20/20 doesn't mean the diopter in the eyes is 0.
Jake also emphasizes the importance of measuring your diopter, only not at the optometrist but with a measuring tape.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 12:29:53 PM by Wheelie »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 04:34:07 PM »
No Wheelie, I called you an optometrist, or optometrist follower.

Why not be honest with your connections and interest - for all of us? Are you attempting to destroy the concept of prevention,
for your own private reasons?  Why not be honest about it. Why not USE YOUR REAL NAME??

Does Jake have you nailed in this video discussion of you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sZKtrQTWPM

Ultimately true-prevention is going to conflict with traditional (minus over-prescription) optometry practice.

Wow, thanks for calling me an idiot lol.

In the topic title he states he has or had -4.5, how does he know? Not from snellen, that's for sure. I only say find out the current diopter the way he found out he had -4.5, probably for free at an optometrist, like he suggested in another post,  for objective numbers.
I had mine tested last week for free at a random optometrist  and didn't have to buy anything. Yes they over prescribed when I could try what they have measured, everything was crisp, complete  overkill.
20/30 and even 20/20 doesn't mean the diopter in the eyes is 0.
Jake also emphasizes the importance of measuring your diopter, only not at the optometrist but with a measuring tape.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 08:07:07 PM by OtisBrown »