Author Topic: Optometrist - don't help me - help your own child FIRST !!  (Read 744 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Optometrist - don't help me - help your own child FIRST !!
« on: March 02, 2016, 07:08:33 AM »
Subject:  Why you must make  yourself a measurement expert.

Optometrist, do not help me.  FIRST just help your own child – with prevention at 20/40. 

You know the science and facts – better than I do.  Tragically, you KNOW the hostility of the public, towards the concept -- to BEGIN wearing a plus (when in high school) for all close work.

I have no doubt, but that prevention (at 20/30, self-measured –1 diopter) is possible.  But just never ask an OD or MD for help – because you will never get any help.

Not from the optometrist.  The question of taking responsibility, knowing of this default - is up to you.

From a hostile optometrist, I always just get a lecture, that prevention and recovery, (at 20/40) is totally impossible, and you should “go away” and stop asking questions.

I learned about this issue - from an optometrist who was wise, and insisted that HIS 3 children always wear a plus for near.

THAT WORKS.

For an educated, wise person, who will actually look at a Snellen, and start wearing a plus, (during the college years), prevention is
possible.

It takes a good plus lens (for about $15), and a Snellen chart.  It also takes great technical insights - to understand how to do it.

=====================

Otis>  This intellectual blindness, in medicine, towards any prevention, is staggering. If you want prevention, you have just scratched the surface, of a profession that prefers to over-prescribe the minus lens by -1 dioper at every sitting.   That first minus will slowly kill your distant vision.  I know that as scientific fact.  But, rather than be honest - and help you avoid it, and get out of it - the OD prefers pretense, that all prevention (at 20/40) is impossible.  It is all about money isn't it?   It is all about a man protecting, not MY visual welfare, which is very important to me, but rather his "office position".  This is why I MUST do prevention myself, to include pin-hole check, and refraction check myself.

=====================

I do not ask an OD to help me, heavens no. 

I ask them to tell me how they help their own children with prevention at self-measured 20/40.

But they will not even do that. It there a legal reason why they will not tell me or talk to me about prevention?

This is the reason I post remarks on how to self-measure.  I would include the use of a pin-hole test,
since I can separate out a actual medical problem, from a simple refraction problem - that can be recovered from.

If you are reading the 20/50 line, and hold up a pin-hole, and read the 20/20 line, YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEDICAL PROBLEM AT ALL.

That is where I "draw the line" about self-prevention, and our discussions.  If you can not clear the 20/20 line, and
continue to only read the 20/50 line with a pin hole, go to an ophthalmologist.

The OD "gave up on you",  BEFORE you entered his office.  That message it the real truth of the issue
of "doing prevention yourself.

Enjoy,

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:17:41 AM by OtisBrown »