Author Topic: EndMyopia - A complaint about expensive glasses.  (Read 12639 times)

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: EndMyopia - A complaint about expensive glasses.
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »
"And charging $1200 for 60 pre-written 'sessions' is 'charging too much money', money is his least favorite subject according to his words lol.  "

Where did you find that Wheelie? As far as I can remember even I was thinking to pay to take the lessons when I was in my longest plateau. It was only about 150 dollars. The extended pro-program of about 60 sessions was about 300 dollars and added to that if someone wanted one on one contact with Dr Alex (some sessions) for his personal coaching then it was about 1000 dollars.

You can get even video tutorials by Jake for free but if you think Jake "supposedly" got from -4D to 20/20 there is no point since he tells lies.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhYxefHylpSgoiXDWcBrlA

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:24:52 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »
Hi,

The prices are on the payment page
https://endmyopia.org/payment-page/

$99 per month for 12 months

I absolutely don't think anyone lies, but jake is a businessman who tries to sell his know how in a guided manner. .
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:43:36 PM by Wheelie »

Offline foie

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 01:10:59 AM »
Hi
I agree with Whelie, Jack steiner's program is too much expensive !!! He should teach us, like Todd Becker ,how he got -5D to 20/20 !!!! Yes, Jake is a buisnessman who try to '' make new contracts '' with his free topic and the sucess stories ( trues or falses..... ) !!! Who can pay 100 $ by month for a simple '' habits program'' ????? I CAN' T !!!!!

Sorry for my anger, Jack should share knowledge ...

Have a good day

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 07:05:09 AM »
Jake  calls Otis' method crackpottery:
Then there's the new bit of crackpottery that is "plus lens therapy".  People's imagination is sometimes equally stunning and lacking, all at the same time.  Let's find a quick fix for everything!  This one too, in video form on our Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4k30dbjSc0

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:03 AM »
Hi Wheelie,

I have been called all kinds of "names".  That is OK.  It is the visual welfare of the person that is important to me.

It is true that Jake is, "all over the map", and in fact,  self-contradicts himself.  But he posts this remark about a
medical doctor INSISTING that his own child wear a plus for all close work:

Otis, and Jake>  Update about Nate and child, 3/18/16.  The child was -1.25 diopters (20/60).  After wearing a +2.25 doipter for ALL CLOSE WORK, the child is at 20/25 (for a child, virtually perfect.)  Please note: The eye goes down at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year, for EACH YEAR IN SCHOOL (Dr. Young plus study), if a plus is not used in this way.  The plus can not "cure" in that sense. Long - term prevention, requires that Nate keep after his child, to wear the plus, when the child gets back down to 20/30.  Thanks Nate, and Jake - you have done it right !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxDeSBhyjY

Jake is not aware of that steady, -1/2 diopter per year, per each year in school.  I think Nate is aware, and will keep his own child, WEARING THE PLUS THOUGH THE SCHOOL YEARS.

Guess what? That does not cost Nate any money.  When I suggest, "myopia free", I mean a family, where the medical-doctor parent, fully realizes the CONSEQUENCE for his child's long-term vision - if the child refuses to wear the plus for all  close work.

The parent (Nate) must check the child's refraction and visual acuity, and the child must exceed the 20/25 line.  So I regret that Jake does not understand this issue.   Is Nate a "Crack-pot" for being very intelligent, and protecting HIS CHILD"S distant vision for life?

Jake  calls Otis' method crackpottery:
Then there's the new bit of crackpottery that is "plus lens therapy".  People's imagination is sometimes equally stunning and lacking, all at the same time.  Let's find a quick fix for everything!  This one too, in video form on our Youtube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4k30dbjSc0
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:16:37 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 03:01:22 PM »
Thanks for the answer Wheelie. I think that others can confirm that at Dr Alex's times the main program of about 50 email prewritten installements was about 150 dollars.

Trully Jake tries to differentiate (marketing trick?). He tells that Bates' method is just "bullshit", tells some weird remarks about plus lenses and explains how to buy a smartphone with a bigger screen and have it further away to avoid near stress instead of just wearing plus..! He even makes fool of eye exercises (PVS method?) while some Dr Alex's posts about finding active focus are just like an eye exercise and he even used lenses for people who weren't able to achieve active focus. But on the other hand he even makes free  video tutorials, says that if someone has time his whole program is in his free blog to read and he could have hidden juicy topics only for members, but he does not generally except for his forum even to read access.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 03:23:58 PM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 05:52:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply Mr Brown. Jake said he didn't want people without much motivation and relation to the topic to be members of his forum and do always complaining posts about their bad results, so that's why he made it members only. But why block the read only access then?! (rhetoric question)

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2016, 10:09:59 AM »
Hi Alex,

I profoundly LIKE what Jake is doing - complaining on a daily basis about the intellectual blindness of putting a poor defenseless child into a strong minus, when the child can still read the 20/40 line.  That act, will kill the child's vision, at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year.  Do you think I am lying about that scientific fact?

But you complain about Jakes result, insisting that 1) He did not have a -5 diopter prescription, and 2) Did not get back to 20/20.

Well - maybe.  In fact, the only objective proof I would ask is this - can Jack pass the official 20/40 line, or better.  Then PUBLISH, his driver license which will show him qualified to drive with no minus lens.

I do not know what the rest of you are complaining about. 

Jake need "money" to keep on going.  The OD needs "money" to keep on going.  Exactly HOW are the different??

So you love the OD, who will assure you that his "minus lens is PERFECTLY  SAFE  ", and Jake, who informs you that the OD is not safe for your child?

Get REAL for a change !

Thanks for the reply Mr Brown. Jake said he didn't want people without much motivation and relation to the topic to be members of his forum and do always complaining posts about their bad results, so that's why he made it members only. But why block the read only access then?! (rhetoric question)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:39:24 PM by OtisBrown »

Offline Wheelie

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »
Sometimes there's no alternative for strong lenses for kids

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84-Cuc-Tz2o

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
Here is another video of children, being put into a strong plus lens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1EpkVN5AUo

The funny part of this, is that are layman-optometrist, recommends wearing the plus lens!

I agree - but not quite for the reasons Optometrist-Wheelie states.

Use of a plus will complete PREVENT entry into myopia - if understood and worn correct.  But you must understand the reasons
to wear the plus - or you will not wear it.

The permanent wearing of a strong plus lens (+5 and +7) will result in the child's refraction going EVEN MORE POSITIVE.  This is demonstrated,
in this objective experiment:

https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wildsoet/images/pos_lens_induce_hyperopia.swf

The effect on these children, is that they will become even more hyperopic. 

If layman-OD Wheelie would like to discuss this issue - I would enjoy the discussion.

Sometimes there's no alternative for strong lenses for kids

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84-Cuc-Tz2o

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
Maybe at young age and with minus lenses on at extensive near work people gen get at the rate of -1/2D per year which is a high rate.
I didn't mention that Jake wasn't -5D and hasn't made it to 20/20. I mentioned -4D because when he was prescribed -5D he continued wearing -4D.

1000 dollars per person I believe can get him rich not just "keep on going".

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
Hi Alex and Eugene,

NOTE:  I appreciate Jake, and what he is doing.  But there is only one medical doctor who is successful.  It is Nate's child.  Remember, Jake does not understand WHY it is necessary that a child wear a +2.5 diopter - to get to confirmed 20/25.  (Which is great for any child.)

Jake also says "success" in 9 nine months.

This is a long-term proposition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxDeSBhyjY

But I do agree - it is an objective success. But you must understand, that this process must be maintained, as long as
his child is in school.  What convinced me of this, is the proven -1/2 diopter per year you have for the normal eye - if you  reject
wearing the plus in this way - when you see your own vision at 20/40.

There is nothing a medical person can do about this.  Only an educated, wise, concerned parent can do this.

Maybe at young age and with minus lenses on at extensive near work people gen get at the rate of -1/2D per year which is a high rate.
I didn't mention that Jake wasn't -5D and hasn't made it to 20/20. I mentioned -4D because when he was prescribed -5D he continued wearing -4D.

1000 dollars per person I believe can get him rich not just "keep on going".
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:15:44 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2016, 11:33:24 AM »
Here is another blurred post of Jake about plus while he is wearing plus!
Many people have to work close up in order to live for example programmers, tailors... they cannot just cut on time they spent near focusing and Jake didn't mention that elongated-myopic eyes tend to have less presbyopia so plus lenses is not dangerous developing presbyopia more easily.

http://endmyopia.org/should-you-try-plus-lenses/

and his advised solution about smartphones "eye strain monsters"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4LrhdlFLYY

(I remember Mr Brown commenting on youtube "why not just wear plus lenses?" but there isn't any comment left now. Did Jake delete it or I am wrong?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:41:12 AM by Alex_Myopic »