Author Topic: 1 year into spotty rehabilitation  (Read 1218 times)

Offline annie8943

1 year into spotty rehabilitation
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:01:27 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to the forum but not new to End Myopia or Getting stronger.

I have been needing glasses since I was 7; I had just gotten a gameboy from cousins, and after playing pokemon for a few months I apparently needed glasses. Year after year, my vision increased another -0.75 or -1.00 until I was at -4.00 at the age of 10. At age 9 or 10 I started wearing orthokeratology lens and have not had an increased prescription the entire time while using OK lens. I have not had a proper examination in years, because taking an exam while having worn OK lens can only tell if the lens are NOT strong enough, not if they are TOO strong. Also, OK lens reshape the cornea, so I can't take a proper eye exam unless I haven't worn my OK lens for about five days.

Doing rehabilitation with OK lens is rather complicated and difficult. Because I haven't worn glasses in ten years, I do not have a pair of prescribed glasses, and I don't actually know my OK lens prescription. So, I'm not sure what I'm "starting with". As for cm and snellen measurements, having not worn OK lens in two weeks, they are: R: 22 - 23 cm and L - 26 - 28 cm.

I started in December 2014 with computer glasses of -1.75 and -1.5 and distance glasses of (-4.0, -3.25). I think I may have undercorrected and not done enough focus pulling or print pushing because after 4 months of that, in April 2015 I was still at (23cm, 26cm). During the three months of summer, I kept trying and still had no improvement.

From August 2015 - December 2015 I wore my OK lens again for about one month, then glasses for two months, then OK lens for a month. No improvement, but I bought a pair of glasses at (-4.25, -3.75) that were more suitable.

January 2016 I bought a pair of glasses at (-4.0, -3.5) because I felt that the -4.25,-3.75 ones were too strong (faulty feelings, because I had worn the -4.25, -3.75 glasses too soon after stopping OK lens).

From January until now, March 2016, I have been wearing -4.0, -3.5 and measuring my cm and snellen.

I have been focus pulling while outside on telephone lines, tree branches, window pane lines, and signs. I've noticed that while I close one eye and look afar with the other, when I reopen the closed eye, everything is clear. For example: I will close my right eye and look in the distance with my left; when I open my right eye everything looks quite clear.

I think my current diopter difference isn't right... it needs to be -4.0 and -3.25. I have checked with a -3.25 lens on my left eye and -4.0 on my right and it gives me L 20/30 and R 20/40.

In any case, I have had NO cm improvement or snellen improvements and I am quite discouraged.
I see all these success stories so I know that it is not impossible, but...months and no improvement?

Will be keeping up with other posts in the forum, continuing to focus pull on text while outside. Using reduced prescription for computer use.

Offline Wheelie

Re: 1 year into spotty rehabilitation
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:16:46 PM »
I think the reason it becomes clear when you close the eye and open it again is because of moist, or lack of it actually. I have the same, when I close my eyes for ten seconds and reopen them, everything is more clear, but my eyes start to sting, indicating lack of moisture on the eyes, blinking ends the sharpness because of more moisture which acts a plus lense I believe.

Another indicator it isn't the lense but moisture instead, is axial elongation, the lense can't focus even if it's totally relaxed (correct me if I'm wrong)