Author Topic: Plus lense therapy  (Read 2584 times)

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
Plus lense therapy
« on: March 23, 2016, 04:10:47 AM »
Going thru this forum, I was getting the tips that using plus lenses could help. Such as using plus lenses with my contacts on while working on the computer.
Then I watch this video by Jake: 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4k30dbjSc0
that states using plus lenses don't make sense......I'm lost..

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Plus lense therapy
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 04:29:11 AM »
Hi Eugene,

Personally I never say, "Therapy", it is always a mistake to say that - or think that way.  What I suggest is that prevention is possible, if you can still read the 20/40 line (Self-measured -1 diopter), and have the motivation to reject wearing a minus lens at that point.  I believe, and have seen motivated pilots, wear a strong plus, and SLOWLY, get a true refractive change of +3/4 diopters, in one year.  (It can equally be said, the some people do not get this change - but that is up to you to judge.)

The concept that all natural eyes (at 20/40) are dynamic, and that "negative state" is always self induced, come from checking all natural eyes, with forced wearing of a minus lens.  Here are the simplified results of that scientific experiment:

https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wildsoet/images/neg_lens_induce_myopia.swf

Concentrate on the idea that the natural eye is DYNAMIC, as per pure science, and our reading habits, SLOWLY create, negative status for all natural eyes.  (Pure science, not accepted by an OD in his office.)

For me, I do not say, "therapy", only realize, that if you want true prevention, you are going to have to be in control, and start wearing a strong plus, when you can sill read most of the letters on the 20/40 line.

To day, no OD in his office will volunteer objective scientific information - you need to make this life-time choice.  It is tragic, when an understanding of pure science, can help us save our distant vision, and the OD in his office, prefers to pretend that the minus is "perfectly safe", and does not cause additional problems for you long-term refractive STATE.

I am for a strong education to the person at 20/40, and will insist he measures his own refractive state - because the OD in his office does not give a damn about my desire to keep my distant vision clear for life - based on pure science.

Make your own choice.  I have made my choice.

Going thru this forum, I was getting the tips that using plus lenses could help. Such as using plus lenses with my contacts on while working on the computer.
Then I watch this video by Jake: 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4k30dbjSc0
that states using plus lenses don't make sense......I'm lost..

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 04:33:32 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply Otis!
I am still going to wear plus lenses, only when I work at the computer. It makes sense to me(?) :)
Fortunately I am not on the computer for many hours in the day.
Just like in physical training there are many methods, sometimes too many(!) and it can confuse people.
Plus I do agree that the word "therapy" is a misleading word.
Again, thank you!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 04:47:04 AM by EugeneS »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:58:11 AM »
Dear Eugene,

Let me be clear about Jake and EndMyopia.   I am 95 % supportive of the need for a "Guru", to stand up and
challenge, "existing practice".  That is exactly what Jake is doing, and mostly for free.  (You do not have to pay him anything - if you
wish. )

(He obviously must make some money - to keep on working.  I support that also.  But - he is correct - prevention is free. )

There are ODs who intuitively understand that the plus (for prevention) is the correct answer.  But success depend on the
person understanding that he must personally, and objectively always read and pass the 20/40 line.

Once the person has accepted that definition of objective success, then we must understand WHO this person is, and
what is life-time goals might be - in  his life.

For instance, (based on pure science), we know that they eye "goes down", not because of any defect or failure (because this
is a natural process), but because of the long-term close work we are doing in high school and college.

Again, based on pure science, (of a plus correctly used), we find that if you refuse to wear the plus, in high school, your
refractive STATE, will go down at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year, for each year in high school and college.

If a person UNDERSTAND THIS PROVEN FACT, and can still read the 20/40 line (self-measured -3/4 diopters), he has
a stark choice to make - on his own intelligence.

1) Either begin long-term plus wear, (and no minus since your pass the DMV requirement), or
2) Refuse to wear the plus -- FOR THE LONG-TERM, and your vision will most certainly go down at a rate
of -1/2 diopter per year.

If you think I am lying about the above proven facts - than ask me again.

If you think I am lying about that animation about the effect a minus lens always has, then ask me again.

The decision to intentionally wear a plus, when entering a four year college is a very serious scientific decision.

I would hope that we could all go though a course (before we start wearing a minus lens), and would
take objective responsibility to always look at a Snellen, objectively and always exceed the 20/40 line.

But - i do support Jake, except for this one detail.

Thanks for the quick reply Otis!
I am still going to wear plus lenses, only when I work at the computer. It makes sense to me(?) :)
Fortunately I am not on the computer for many hours in the day.
Just like in physical training there are many methods, sometimes too many(!) and it can confuse people.
Plus I do agree that the word "therapy" is a misleading word.
Again, thank you!

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 06:26:09 AM »
Hi -

This video is about successful self-measurement and about "Claims".  I verify my vision - I hope you do also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toforDzK6iE

Let me be very clear.  The economic interests of an OD, are NOT protecting YOUR distant vision for life.  Their minus lens
treatments, are very expensive.  You want all prevention to  be FREE!  That is just nuts.

http://endmyopia.org/the-brien-holden-institute-needs-your-help/

I have long experience, with this.  I would also include the reason no OD will "treat" you to a plus lens (as a prescription).

The answer is LEGAL.  You will sue them if they do that.  This is where I draw the line,
and realize that they (in the their office) can never help me with pure-prevention. This is the
great strength of Jake - to keep on presenting you with this self-protection issue.

I have a friend (ophthalmologist), who is part of the N. E. I.  I had advocated that pilots (still reading the 20/40 line) at least be offered a the science
of prevention, and support for a study they could conduct themselves, as they enter a four year college.

His remark was this, "... I have to much on my plate - so I can do nothing about it..."

I am sorry. I did ask him to practice "plus prevention".  I asked him to offer a pilot an educated choice,
where the pilot would actually make his own objective, scientific measurements.

But that is the real argument if you consider negative STAT of the natural eye - to be a medical problem.

This is why I gave up on them, and just wear a plus, and make certain i always pass the 20/20 line - under MY control.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:39:46 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »
Dear Otis,

Nice! Yes the medical "industry" does want us to stay in their system. Prevention is the best medicine.
Unfortunately I found out about Dr. Becker and this site late(but not too late). I've been on glasses since elementary school. Contacts in college.
At Left -7, Right -5, have some floaters(less now) due to an eye ulcer in left eye years ago, I got a long voyage to better vision.
But just like getting in better shape & health, it ain't overnight!

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »
Hi Eugene,

After 10 years, (and at -7 diopters - knowing completely that my vision was LOST), I found and OD who SPELLED THIS OUT FOR ME - in detail.

I thought there, and realized, my vision has been totally destroyed by that FIRST minus lens, and I was in too deep - to do anything about it.

So I though, I will develop "pure science", and show that the minus lens is truly POISON, and that, for the wise person wearing a strong
plus - always - though the school years - is the ONLY THING that can be effective. 

I can not "follow a person around" and force him to wear the plus.  I EXPECT him to be intelligent, about this issue, and, always
wear the plus (though the college years), and always exceed the 20/30 line.

Am I expecting too much.  Perhaps for most people I am.  But not from by blood relative.  I explained how *MY* eyes
had been screwed up with a strong minus lens, and explained what was certain to happen - if they did not
1) Wear the plus for all close work, 2) Make certain the exeed the 20/30 line - always, and 3) If they neglected
the plus, and saw that they were at 20/30, they would have to  make the intelligent decision to
re-start plus lens wearing.

Is that too much to ask - of people you care deeply about.  Certainly no OD or MD can do this.

So, in a pure scientific sense - you must convince yourself that you  must do it, and pass the 20/30 line - always.

This type of success - is not medicine.  It is not "cure".  It is not "therapy".  It is just prevention by a very wise nephew.

Dear Otis,

Nice! Yes the medical "industry" does want us to stay in their system. Prevention is the best medicine.
Unfortunately I found out about Dr. Becker and this site late(but not too late). I've been on glasses since elementary school. Contacts in college.
At Left -7, Right -5, have some floaters(less now) due to an eye ulcer in left eye years ago, I got a long voyage to better vision.
But just like getting in better shape & health, it ain't overnight!

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 08:29:29 AM »
Dear Otis,

Thank you so much for your details! And the support you offer!
Really great!

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 04:46:08 AM »
Hi Eugene,

Comments about Jake's, daily report.  (I love it.)

Remember, I NEVER say, "Therapy", only PREVENT negative status.  One issue is medicine - but true prevention takes great and long-term resolve.

What I publish here - is the HELP I wish I had received, when I could still read the 20/40 line (and I DO MEAN SELF-MEASURED -1 diopter).  I do not "blame" the OD or MD, because I KNOW children are impossible, and can not be taught to wear the plus with the intelligence and fortitude required, to never go in "deeper" than 20/40.  (My nephew did this though 4 years of college, and after.  But he was 1) Intelligent about that -1/2 diopter per year, and 2) Knew of my experience and 3) Knew he had to always exceed the 20/40 line - my marker for success.  As a practical reality - he still wears the plus, as I am now doing it. To the bet of my knowledge, when he checks, objectively, he always exceeds the 20/25 line.) Is that proof?  Probably not to you.  But to Kieth and myself, who knows full-well about that -1/2 diopter per year, it is proof to him - and that is the only person who does matter.  No, successful prevention, is not medicine, and it can not ever be prescribed.

It is true that Jake and I have a "nuance" problem with wearing a plus (for all near), and no minus for distance.  Jake's, "normalized", is simply a reduced minus for near.  (Assuming you have a -6 diopter.)  So, what is a "plus for near"?  It is just a continuation of the concept of using little or no minus for near.

I realize that few people will actually LOOK at a Snellen, and accept the 20/40 compromise.  (i.e., When I objectively read the 20/40, I STOP WEARING A MINUS LENS.)

http://endmyopia.org/the-jake-is-in-the-details/

What is convincing to you?  What is convincing to me??

For me, science itself, and only science, is convincing.

Jake's great success - was that he STOPPED wearing a -4 diopter lens. Then is was his great persistence - over many years.  There is no
doubt - that few people have that type of persistence.

The same is true for plus-wear, when you are at 20/40.  Few people want to even understand any of  this, let alone actually wear the
plus though for years of college.

But, in the end, Jake is correct, and is the only personal force that "bucks" the standard, and excessive minus lens.

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhPFqBXdt4o

The minus is terrible.  Do you want truth?  Or medical bull shit?

Enjoy,

Dear Otis,

Thank you so much for your details! And the support you offer!
Really great!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:23:39 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 02:26:20 PM »
Otis,
Of course I know you do not mention therapy, only prevention. Those who mention therapy should have proper results from it.
I am on my path to "help" reverse my -5;-7 myopia.
So if Jake STOPPED wearing -4....therefore I should stop wearing my prescription. I am trying to get at least a -0.5 weaker per eye if possible.
Thank you.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:37:03 PM by EugeneS »