Author Topic: For Beginner: Questions and Answers.  (Read 945 times)

Offline OtisBrown

For Beginner: Questions and Answers.
« on: April 24, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »
I know the people who log in here - have endless questions.  Here Todd provides some of the answers.

http://gettingstronger.org/2016/03/faq-for-vision-improvement-by-hormetism/

I always enjoy getting the help I need from Todd and this site.

PLEASE NOTE:  Asking intelligent questions - is the key to defeating nearsightedness.  Getting your own Snellen, and accepting
the challenge is the most difficult thing in the world to do.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:39:55 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: For Beginner: Questions and Answers.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 12:58:30 PM »
I have given up eye exercises and doing just good vision habits and plus lenses for about six months. No improvement at all, no worsening either. I'll restart my astigmatic wheel mod and active focus on a Snellen chart as exercises.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:34:07 AM »
Hi Alex,
I know that most people are "lazy" - or some version of that idea.  We just don not like exercise.  I am not even sure what exercise I would do! 

I just wear my +2.75 when reading at 20 inches - and confirm my Snellen at 20/20 (or better).  But - this is indeed a long-term process - that I totally enjoy.

Again - my relatives did this though high school, college and grad school.  They always pass the DMV test - with average plus lens wearing.  The one with real interest (runner, swimmer), was more intense about it - and exceeds the 20/20 line.

For those who think the "plus" is dangers - their life-time wearing of the plus - proves otherwise.  I would not have asked them to wear the plus - if there were any danger to it.

I fact - the REAL DANGER - is ANY wearing of a minus lens.

That is the real "break" between science - and an OD in his office.  He will never tell you this truth.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:54 PM »
If I wore plus lenses when I got my first minus or even better some years earlier when starting studying for hours most propably I wouldn't have to deal with added problems as diplopia, left-right ratio and good night vision now.
The good thing is that after many months of patching my eye I have some flashes of good vision for my right eye now.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
If I wore plus lenses when I got my first minus or even better some years earlier when starting studying for hours most propably I wouldn't have to deal with added problems as diplopia, left-right ratio and good night vision now.
The good thing is that after many months of patching my eye I have some flashes of good vision for my right eye now.

Hi Alex -
I also believe, that if a GOOD optometrist, had told me about that proven -1/2 diopter per year, per each year I was in school, I would have convinced my self to either 1) Start wearing the plus with long-term consistency, or 2) Would have accepted responsibility for that -1/2 diopter per year - that I was certain to get into if:

1) I did not start wearing the plus for the long-term, and
2) If I thought that the "plus" was "therapy".

It is this issue of "not being told", by an optometrist - that concerns me the most.

People here seem to think that the "plus" is therapy and that it will "cure" them in a short time.  This is the tragedy - of all of us.

I give it to the ODs.  We do not WANT prevention - if it means long-term wearing of a plus.

Give them that much.  You want your vision extremely shart, instantly.  If you do not get it - the OD who is trying to help you - is INCOMPETENT - IN YOUR MIND.

That is why you will get "silence" from any OD if you attempt to get, 1) a reduced prescription, 2) advice on how to get out of it (self-measured 20/40), and 3) Your intelligence insulted - if you ask if the minus is high risk - for making matters far worse.

I truly wish "money" could be removed from the optometry business - and scientific honesty could prevail.

There were some OD who were HONEST with me - as I am honest with them.