Author Topic: Let me be very clear.  (Read 1357 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Let me be very clear.
« on: July 06, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »
I have friends who are MDs and ODs.  They  have an impossible problem - dealing with a mass of humanity walking in off the street, and expecting their vision to be made, 20/20, 20/18, 20/15, and 20/13.  (What ever can be achieved with a very strong minus lens.)
That is indeed a "sucker punch" if you receive it.  In fact, I make no claim of "getting out of it", if you are now wearing a minus lens.  That FIRST minus - destroyed your vision.  This saves me the trouble of, "arguing", with you, or making excessive claims - that you will dispute or deny.  Here is the only real litigtiment claim that I will support and testify to.  It is a medical doctor who insisted his own child wear a strong plus, and exceeded 20/40.  (Their is more to it than that.)   Here is Jake's statement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lxDeSBhyjY&t=0s

The un-told story is this. (From pure science).  As long as he is  in school, his vision goes down at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year. 

People who ask me, ".... when can I quit wearing the plus", have the wrong idea, and will never succeed". The correct answer, is that as long as your are in school.  I regret it - if you refuse to understand what science tells us.

That is why the word, "cure" is always false. If you wish to avoid the minus - the compromise - and check your Snellen.  If you are reading the 20/40 line - quit wearing the minus - and forget the OD.

The stipulation is this:  I do not know you, or how old you are.  BUT if you are in high school, with 20/40, you will go down.  If you do not wear the plus, you will be at 20/200, at the end of college.  That is scientific fact.  If you hate wearing the plus, though these long years, you will not be able to reverse 20/200.

If a person informed me - in this manner - I would have worn the plus as absolutely necessary.  But - that is your choice - is it not?

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
Re: Let me be very clear.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:15:39 PM »
It is our own choice, but many people just want the quick fix. Either in eye health or in body health, the vast majority aren't willing to put in the time to do the work themselves.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Let me be very clear.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 07:32:44 PM »
Eugene -
I know that wise wearing of a plus, when at 20/40, will keep you at better-than 20/40.  For Todd - went to 20/20. (positive refractive state).  But you never know what any person will do -or even think about.  Here the ophthalmologist opinion, who does not even seem to understand this global epidemic.  She has no clue about the plus lens - when at 20/40. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKFRbimHRms&t=0s

For the record.  I understand that my habits as a child, CREATED, "negative state" for my natural eyes.  I understand that a child will be "resistant" to wise wearing of a plus, when at 20/40.  (But an attempt must be made - to EXPLAIN - why it is necessary to begin wearing a plus at that point.  I do mean long-term plus wearing.)

This is the true "sticking point", of almost everyone.  They do not know that if you refuse to wear the plus (at 20/40) for the long term,your refraction WILL go down at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year.  THAT is a proven scientific fact.  A person who will FACE this fact, MIGHT choose to wear the plus, in high school, though college, and keep that distant vision at 20/30 to 20/20 to 20/15.

But if he can not wear the plus, then the above facts will define exactly what WILL happen to his vision. 

I wish I had been supplied with this type of education.  THEN, if I refuse to wear the plus, pass my Snellen, and lost my distant vision - the RESULT WOULD HAVE BEEN MY OWN DAMN FAULT.

This is all I have ever asked for - to be informed of the science of this issue.  An OD  in his office - will NEVER inform you - so we all lose our distant vision - for exactly that reason.

Enjoy,
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:35:56 PM by OtisBrown »