Author Topic: Anyone heard of the ortho-c lense to reduce myopia>  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Chelsee

Anyone heard of the ortho-c lense to reduce myopia>
« on: August 16, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
So there is a guy called John Yee that says he can reduce myopia with a contact lens worn just a few minutes a day for a few times a week called an ortho- c lens. He says that positive lens therapy stresses the ciliary muscle in the eye just like a negative lens does. Any thoughts?

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Anyone heard of the ortho-c lense to reduce myopia>
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:47:13 AM »
HI -

I always doubt when some "third party" attempts to sell me something - where I can not check the results  myself.  I do not "like" any contact lens - be it ortho-K or Ortho-C.

I like the idea that I am IN CONTROL OF THE MEASUREMENT MYSELF.  If you agree - then that is the first big step in prevention.

SUGGESTION - That Todd took seriously:

GO COLD TURKEY (IN A REASONABLE MANNER).

This is not "throw away your glasses", but it is a bold step.  Based on your 20/70 to 20/50 on your Snellen, you can just avoid wearing any minus.  At arms length - most items will be clear enough.  For T/V, you could try sitting closer.

I would do this for one week.  (The minus keeps you locked into nearsightedness - and prevents recovery.)

If this "no glasses" in comfortable enough for you - then extend to two or more weeks.  You might be lucky, and begin to read (in flashes) the 20/40 line.

If you reach that objective status - you are both lucky - and going in the right direction.

But - it is indeed all up to you.

Otis

Offline Chelsee

Re: Anyone heard of the ortho-c lense to reduce myopia>
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 05:02:36 PM »
Otis, I read that you used positive lenses on both your nephew and your niece. It worked for your nephew but not for your niece. Why do you think your niece still became nearsighted?