Author Topic: EndMyopia - Objective success. How do YOU DEFINE IT?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline OtisBrown

EndMyopia - Objective success. How do YOU DEFINE IT?
« on: October 19, 2016, 05:22:36 AM »
I personally consider that first minus to be a destructive disaster.  I know the "prescribing OD", considers prescribing a -2 diopter (for a person with self-checked 20/40), to be both perfectly SAFE, and perfectly reasonable, because science have proven the minus to be safe.  Here is a success report from EndMyopia, that should be interesting to you.

http://endmyopia.org/dmitriys-progress-update-2-5-now-0-75-2015/

PERSONAL:  I do not make any "claims" for any person with a big prescription.  I blame the OD for not informing me of the science that supports prevention, when I am at 20/40.  It is tragic, but when a person (at 20/30), sees he can get 20/15 to 20/10 vision, from that minus - he falls in love with the minus.  No OD will ever tell you otherwise.

In my judgment - you should look at success as exceeding the 20/30 line, using a bright light on that Snellen - and be very consistent in a fixed Snellen.  You should evaluate the question, "... how valuable is my distant vision to me...".

We know that Todd was successful, and many others are not successful, like HansK.  But that does not matter.  What matters is the educated judgment you make about this issue.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: EndMyopia - Objective success. How do YOU DEFINE IT?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
For Hardliner:

The DMV requires that you read their 20/40 line - with both eyes open.  We see with the "better eye", so by that standard you are highly qualified to drive - had keep your vision at better-than 20/40.  There is a NORMAL DIFFERENCE between the eyes of 1/2 diopter.  So that difference - means nothing at all.

SUBJECT:  Which method was successful?  I say both.  I say you along must decide.  When I was "badly myopic" I would be extremely happy to personally pass the required DMV line.

I think it is sad that people think they must have 20/15 and 20/13 - that they are always prescribed.  That is what BLOCKS RECOVERY - by any standard.

Once you are at collective 20/25 you are very lucky - to be self-checking.

I wear a +2.5 D, just to keep my vision at 20/20 to 20/15.  (Long term measuring).  At this point - you do not "need glasses".

I obviously think that - in school - we need to accept that long-term plus wearing - is required.

YOU ARE OBJECTIVELY SUCCESSFUL.  MAY BE OTHERS (AT -2 d) WILL FOLLOW YOUR SUCCESS.  BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.
SUCCESS - IS PERSONAL