Author Topic: Sudden Improvement  (Read 1032 times)

Offline rajaty

Sudden Improvement
« on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:35 AM »
Today was a great day.. for the first I  was able t clearly see a man's face 30 meters away ...great feeling...I was having several days where these flashes lasted for about 30 sec or more, today it just held giving clear vision, In morning i could even watch tv without glasses from 3 meters away.

What  am I doing?

1) Plus 1 for 4-5 hours for computer work, I've never done "print pushing", i just wear the plus, that does the job.
2)Read somewhere abut central fixation; i reduced my computer font to very small, this seems to be having a very good effect.
3) Vitamin D- I notice after every 60000 IU supplementation of vitamin D, my vision next morning is noticeably better.

Cheers
Rajat

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Sudden Improvement
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
Today was a great day.. for the first I  was able t clearly see a man's face 30 meters away ...great feeling...I was having several days where these flashes lasted for about 30 sec or more, today it just held giving clear vision, In morning i could even watch tv without glasses from 3 meters away.

What  am I doing?

1) Plus 1 for 4-5 hours for computer work, I've never done "print pushing", i just wear the plus, that does the job.
2)Read somewhere abut central fixation; i reduced my computer font to very small, this seems to be having a very good effect.
3) Vitamin D- I notice after every 60000 IU supplementation of vitamin D, my vision next morning is noticeably better.

Cheers
Rajat

Hi Rajat -

You seem to be doing this as "perfectly" as any could do it.
1) You do "print pushing" ONLY to establish that the plus is "strong enough".  I can only
guess at your refractive status - but is seems that a 20 inches a +2.0 is the right choice - for now.

2)  4 to 5 hours of "comfortable reading" though a plus - is simply relaxing.  I never understand why
people have a hard time doing it.

3) We all admit - results are very slow.  Our eyes "go down" at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year (in school).  We
can not expect them to "go up" at a rate faster than that. 

4) At the point you can see a "face" at 30 meters - it indicated you are getting 'flashes"  of 20/20.  (I take reading
the 20/25 line - as home to be real success.

5) As you continue to wear the plus -in this comfortable manner, you can expect the times of "clear flash" to last longer and longer.

6)  Yes - do not wear a minus lens when watching T/V .

What is the "hard part".  I truly do not know.  Because you just keep on wearing the comfortable plus - and enjoy life.

Enjoy,

Offline j23

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 12:23:27 AM »
Hi rajaty

This is my point of view - the flashes are because muscles of the eye are contracting the eyes length - thus short term improvement.
What I would expect in long term that the eye will compact so I do not have to use muscles for this (then with 'idle' muscles I could see).
I would ask anybody who succedded if this is the feeling long term (I can see on this forum another thread - "can the eye get shorter" , but without any details how one feels then).

It can be triggered as I understand mostly after blinking or when gazing at the objects. It does not mean that the eye is shorter by itself, but is just contracted by muscles. What we have to pay attention to is to relax ciliary muscle at this time - as sometimes eye starts strething ciliary muscle to see even sharper - but it is a stronger pain in the inside of the eye  - like a "needle touches your eyes"). Do you feel any such needles ?

When I look at Snellen I do not get the same good results as looking far away during the walk. When walking I can see distant objects clearly also for longer - like 30 sec , sometimes can reset this with blinking (and feel this push from the back fro the eye), of course when I am walking I do not have Snellen to measure it :)

1) In other threads you seemed to experiment with other PLUS powers than 1, of course the power required depends how far are you from the screen.
Do you have this effect as mine (I guess it must be common), after wearing PLUS for even a few minutes when I remove it I can see very clear (the eye is set in the "DISTANCE reading" state induced by the lenses). I guess it must be common, but would appreciate your confirmation.

2) I do not think small letters are better to make the training , I agree fully that vision training should be done on letters as they are black and white (easier for the eyes and the person to adjust when contrast is high).
What I prefer to do is to "try to control if the eye's back is compacting. I feel a slight pushing at the back of the eye - are you feeling the same ?

3) when eyes' muscles are having rest for whole night it is easy to guess that it will have strength to compact.
    In the morning I can see better without any vitamin - are you sure it is not a coincidence ?
    Of course it takes some minutes until after wake up all the eye are 'unglued' and start working in my case.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:59:05 AM by j23 »

Offline rajaty

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 10:13:32 PM »
Hi J,

1) Yes after prolonged wearing of plus, you can suddenly see better, but doesn't last for more than 20-30 minutes.

2) I felt some weird eye pressure using a high plus, improvements with high plus were sudden but I stopped using it since i don't know any risks.

3) +1, +2 are however used by people in general, I still use them and they do not give me any eye strain whatsoever. I can wear them for computer work for hours without realizing

4) yup in morning after waking up vision is great, Vitamin D was a conjecture, i shared what I observed.

Plus wearing is now part of my routine, i do not take out any special time for eyesight training.  Also give yourself 3-4 months before objectively judging results. On a day to day basis there will be improvement but not measurable.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 06:48:15 AM »
Hi J,

1) Yes after prolonged wearing of plus, you can suddenly see better, but doesn't last for more than 20-30 minutes.

2) I felt some weird eye pressure using a high plus, improvements with high plus were sudden but I stopped using it since i don't know any risks.

3) +1, +2 are however used by people in general, I still use them and they do not give me any eye strain whatsoever. I can wear them for computer work for hours without realizing

4) yup in morning after waking up vision is great, Vitamin D was a conjecture, i shared what I observed.

Plus wearing is now part of my routine, i do not take out any special time for eyesight training.  Also give yourself 3-4 months before objectively judging results. On a day to day basis there will be improvement but not measurable.

Hi Rajaty -

People believe you can "feel" accommodation.  No one can "feel" it at all.  You can get a "relaxed" feeling from wearing a plus for all close work - as I am now doing it.

You can feel you are successful - when you have your own Snellen up - and confirm you read all the letters on the 20/40 line.  But the honest difficulty - is that few people want to "get the idea", and wear the plus for the long term.  That is the "show stopper" for most people.

The "issue" with the plus is this.  If you have a "weak" prescription - you can use a stronger plus for reading.  As your 20/40 reading IMPROVES - as I expect it will - you can then use a stronger plus for comfortable reading.

Be objective - in reading that Snellen.  I hate the minus lens - for all the damage it does.  But the plus is "hard to understand", but - if you take the time - you can be successful with it.

Offline j23

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:23:56 AM »

People believe you can "feel" accommodation.  No one can "feel" it at all.  You can get a "relaxed" feeling from wearing a plus for all close work - as I am now doing it.

let's discuss this further - as this seems a bit unclear what you refer to as accommodation feeling.

By saying feel do you mean :
* feel any pain
* or feel it is focusing
* or the "micro" movements scientists claim to be there every nth of a second (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK10991/)  ?

Accomodation can be considered specificly as only ciliary muscle work (and even if this is automatic, it does not mean that you cannot feel a pain from ciliary muscle if this is

• overperforming = sting increasing once remote picture gets sharper
  • or tired == burning/sore feeling inside the eye

Moreover is very easy to learn to release the ciliary muscles (steer it this way that it is overrelaxed and vision blurs) - you can learn this the same as winking. I mean once the brain understood the connection then you can do it anytime. Of course I am not sure at what age it does not work - as for elderly people the lens itself looses flexibility and gets as hard as a stone. So even releasing ciliary muscle may be not visible at all as the lens does not change its shape.

Accomodation in a broader sense - meaning one can feel whole eye is tense (ocular muscles) to compact/contract the eye when prolonged seeing at horizon or using PLUS lenses. The eyes try to relieve this by tears etc. I have had this feeling always for 3 weeks when using PLUS lenses.