Author Topic: Scientific honesty - and the arrogant optometrist.  (Read 472 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Scientific honesty - and the arrogant optometrist.
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »
I "gave up" on optometrists - a long time ago.  The reason is that science shows that both, 1) Long-term near, and
2) A strong minus lens, cause myopia.  (Early stage - negative STATE of the normal eye.)

Todd lectured on his success with the plus lens - in broad perspective.  He was successful, by self verification, and used his own "methods", to include a plus lens and his form of "exercise".  I will post the remarks by a optometrists - who claims that Todd WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.

But - of course - when you measure yourself - there is no doubt about your own success.  This is why I AVOID OD involvement, and make measurements myself. Always BEFORE I go to an OD or a DMV check (for 20/40).  You would
be well advised to do the same thing, and stop trusting OD measurements.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Scientific honesty - and the arrogant optometrist.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 06:57:13 PM »

First Statement:  Donald Lasher  (In California)

Can someone please explain something to me. These exercises are supposed to reduce or eliminate nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and presbyopia. After 4 years of undergraduate work, 4 more at Berkeley getting a doctorate in eye care and 26 years of experience helping people see as best as they can, I have a pretty good idea about how the eye functions. Nearsightedness results when the cornea is steeper than ideal, putting a far image in FRONT of the retina. Minus lenses move that image back to the retina and therefore, put it in focus. LASIK flattens the cornea, and so fixes this problem. If the eye is longer than ideal, the same effect occurs. A distant object focuses in FRONT of the retina and is out of focus when it reaches the retina. So exercises that "fix" nearsightedness must do the same. They either flatten the cornea or shorten the eye. Farsighted eyes have corneas that are too FLAT or the length of the eye is too SHORT. But the guys promoting eye exercises do not distinguish between the two. The same exercises that fix nearsightedness should make farsighted eyes WORSE.
Astigmatism is usually the result of the cornea having a different curvature vertically compared to horizontally (like half a football as compared to half a baseball). How do these exercises change the radius of curvature of the cornea (like LASIK does) and why doesn't it make that problem WORSE as often as it makes it better? The same exercises work for ANY refractive error? That's like an MD giving the SAME prescription medication to patients with both low and others with high blood pressure. Does that make any sense?
======

Prevention makes sense - because the minus is proven to cause myopia, and well as long-term near.  Donald totally ignores this science - because he was taught severe intellectual blindness - towards objective science. 

Todd was successful - because he "by-passed" this type of arrogance and stupidity.  You should watch Todd's video.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:00:25 PM »
Todd's video - where you will find the scientifically blind - Donald Lasher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Efg42-Qn0

I just do not make "claims" for a strong minus prescription.  For a weak prescription, of say -1.75 diopters - there is indeed hope.  The reason is that these arrogant OD, over-prescribe by about -1 diopter. 
This is why you must check your own Snellen - and work to clear the 20/40 line.  Do not bother with an OD on this - they are hopeless !

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 08:43:24 AM »
Last visit to optometrist I asked him i fI can get a weaker prescription. He said only 0.25 less. I didn't tell him that I was wearing 0.5 less and doing fine. Buying from online...:)