Author Topic: I wish no money was involved in optometry !  (Read 484 times)

Offline OtisBrown

I wish no money was involved in optometry !
« on: November 09, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »
Here are remarks by Despina (OD).
About prevention, and a minus lens, she stated, accurately, that, "... we do not know what else to do ..."
The result, when you are at 20/40 (self-measured -1 diopter) is that you always get a very strong minus lens (giving
you 20/15, and 20/10 vision), and you lose you vision to that FIRST minus lens - because money is more important
than helping you with prevention.
I can sympathize with her.  But then I look at that proven -1/2 diopter per year (that she should know about) and
the fact that I am an innocent child - who does not wish to be slammed into a strong minus lens.
I want HELP.  But you the "patient" and regarded as, "dumb".  I think I am owed more than that type of treatment.
Respect my intelligence. Give me a choice.  Show me that -1/2 dioper per year.  That is the mark of a real professional.

Here are the remarks by Despina - for your interest.  It is valuable that Jake has her posting her opinion on his site.

http://endmyopia.org/not-optometry-business-created-equal-choose-wisely/

What is truly learned - was from a "family man" optometrist. He INSISTED that his own three girls always
1) Sit up, and always, 2) Wear a strong plus for all close work.

That is how prevention can work.  Of course - his 3 girls, always passed the DMV requirement and never wore a minus lens.
But that is what I mean when I say - you must be wise enough to do prevention yourself.

Start wearing a minus lens - and I will agree - you will not be able to get out of it.  That is how serious this
problem is.