Author Topic: Irritaded eye only at sleep  (Read 3899 times)

Offline strongmama

Re: Irritaded eye only at sleep
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 05:56:54 AM »
Wow, Alex, you have been through a lot! I'm glad you did your research and found some decent doctors. I really feel your pain there, I know personally how hard it is to find good doctors.

In answer to the dry eyes, have you considered blepharitis? I didn't have any symptoms other than a little dry and itchy some mornings, which I thought was normal, but I've always had dandruff so it makes sense that my eyelashes might have it, too. I've been using Blephadex soap which I bought on Amazon. It has tea tree oil and maybe some coconut, and it has definitely helped.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 06:33:18 AM »
Hi strongmama,
I don't have Red/swollen eyelids, red eyes generally, crusting at the eyelid margins/base of the eyelashes/medial canthus, generally worse on waking, eyelid itching, flaking of skin on eyelids, eyelash loss, infection of the eyelash follicle/sebaceous gland some symptoms for blepharitis written here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis

Although even in my condition it is good to have my eyelid margins cleard with a wet cotton bud as written here
http://www.goodhopeeyeclinic.org.uk/recurrentabrasion.htm

Sometimes a lot of tears might come off unexpectedly. The lipid film may crack so the water film can evaporate. So nerves feel dry and can respond with a lot of watery tears but this doesn't solve the problem. So sudden burts of tear might be sign of dry eyes. The lipid layer of tears produced by inner eyelids also holds the water film in place and this way tears don't come out. Also protect the water film from evaporation. 

I sometimes feel my inner upper eyelid dry and painfull.

And something funny!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtp8wza6Uc8

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2015, 06:37:18 AM »
@User1235

There are some more natural help than eyedrops mentioned in my links for endmyopia like  open windows, or a humidifier, stay hydrated, and from other links flaxseed and coconut oil...

Offline User1235

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2015, 07:00:07 AM »
Thanks man but lately i have been feeling a better i guess it is just the less humid weather.If the problem worsens i will try the coconut oil but for now whenever i feel it's a little dry washing my face is all i need

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2015, 05:25:38 AM »
From the book "Relearning to see":

Herbs can help detoxify and restore balance to the body. The acupuncturist just mentioned said the
herb Ming Mu Ti Huang Wan has been used by many Eastern healers to nourish "yin-defi-
cient" liver and kidneys and to improve eye­ sight. Benefits reported by others include increased lacrimation (tearing) for dry eyes and reduction of sensitivity to bright light

ARTIFICIAL TEARS—HELPFUL OR HARMFUL?
Moist, protective tear layers are essential for
the health of the eyes. However, one might
question whether artificial tears are a help or
detriment if used on a long-term basis. Does
the continuous use of artificial tears suppress
the normal production of natural tears, thus
creating more of a dependence on the arti-
ficial tears? Are the artificial tears truly an
adequate replacement for natural tears?
Artificial tears may be needed for a short
time in acute problems Again, consult with
your eye doctor for any serious eye problems

DRY EYE  SYNDROME
Insufficient tearing from the lacrimal glands,
overly rapid evaporation due to wind, or
excessive heat can create dryness in eyes. This
can result in a burning sensation, oversensi-
tivity to light (photophobia), mucous dis­
charge, corneal changes, and impairment of
vision.
Many people have dry eyes due to not
blinking frequently enough. Some estimate
over six million Americans have chronically
dry eyes. Many natural vision students have
eliminated dry eyes by simply relearning cor­
rect blinking. Many have also lowered their
sensitivity to bright light, and have been able
to discard their sunglasses completely. They
now feel relaxed in sunlight by simply blink­
ing softly and frequently.
In strong wind or dry weather situations,
it is important to blink more frequently to
prevent the eyes from drying out due to rapid
evaporation of tears.
Dry eyes can also be caused by undesir­
able effects 1 from medication or diseases.
Consult with your eye doctor if you have
serious eye problems.

____

With close reading and computer use we tend to blink less often.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:01:59 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline strongmama

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 06:03:34 AM »
Another dry eye remedy I just discovered: Manuka honey!
I've been a little irritated lately, so I was surfing around and found this idea on earthclinic.com from several users. I tried rubbing a little across my eyelashes with eyes closed before bed last night, since I already had bought some (been trying it on my husband's eczema). No sting and I woke up fine, no dryness or itchiness!

Offline Hillyman

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 10:13:25 PM »
Just another thought: try drinking a full glass of water before going to bed (go pee before going to bed to make the most room in the bladder during the night). Dry eyes may just be your body not being well hydrated.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
The ophthalmologist prescribed me SALZ eyedrops from Penta Arzneimittel. I must use them for six months before sleep to decrease the chances of recurrent corneal erosion. These eye drops contain sodium chloride 5% and can also reduce corneal edema with osmotic pressure. Corneal edema was the cause that I was complaining about blurry and halos for a month after hard corneal erosion incidents. These drops do not contain Benzalkonium Chloride or a preservative at all.

http://endmyopia.org/eye-drop-warning-avoid-benzalkonium-chloride/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:29:21 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 06:07:21 AM »
I' ve tried Ming Mu Ti Huang Wan herb as Thomas Quackenbush written for dry eyes and saw a big difference. I saw myself in the mirror and noticed that my eyes were very shiny and reflected a lot of light due to good lubrication. That was after just 5-6 days of use. I particularly use the following pills (one in the morning and one at night with food) which contains some other herbs too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251660376135

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 01:42:40 AM »
Ozon gas or ozonized water can dissinfect without side effects and residues. It is used as an alternative of water chlorination in Moscow and some other cities and pools. But there are studies that show it can promote faster and better wound healing and epithelial growth.

http://www.triroc.com/sunnen/topics/ozonemed.htm

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 01:51:33 AM »
I'm not sure if it was 100% the doctor's epithelial scratching and drops but now and don't suffer from RCE or corneal edema. But the day before doing this epithelial removal my vision can already been restored. I have written others also comments that say that they have RCE instances after this scratching but the pain, redness and duration is not even as 1/10 of that before the scratching. Me too I can two more instances of RCE but I have hardly even noticed them. My eye didn't even became red!

The bad thing is that RCE from injury usually and not from pathological dry eyes lasts usually one year so the two days big pain and eye swelling after the doctor's scratching is about equivalent two the 15-20 minutes instances of pain during one year.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 12:11:49 PM »
Five months after my corneal epithelial removal the wound has healed and the RCE came back again. But it is a bit less painful now but still having polyopia the days after RCE episodes. I went through this painful ophthalmologist's procedure and still not cured! Something like the boxer who his coach brakes his nose for the first time in order not to bleed and be in pain the following times he will be hit in the nose.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 09:08:52 AM »
Hi Alex - Sounds like good progress to date.
Otis

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2017, 01:17:51 AM »
I have tried cold pressed castor oil in order to heal my eye floaters but the second day of using it my RCE went extremely worse even when I was not at sleep. The oily substances can prevent underneath moisture from evaporating it might even penetrate the epithelium and prevent it from sticking to the Bowman's membrane. Closed eyelids at sleep can also slow down water evaporation on eyes. So when almost everybody advices to moisture eyes before sleep in order for the epithelium not to stick on eyelids and erode, too much moisture under the epithelium and over the Bowman's membrane where it attaches can make the things extremely worse. Maybe that's why the oily ointment the doctor gave me 1,5 years ago in order to make healing faster, it actually made my RCE worse! Here is a very interesting analysis:

I had RCEs, due to a corneal dystrophy, about six years ago. They lasted for about nine months. I went to seven doctors before being put on a a program that worked. This site used to sell an eye drop, called Dwelle, that I think healed my corneas. (I have the dystrophy and RCEs in both eyes.) Today, I maintain my condition with an eye drop, called Muro 128 5%. What these drops do in their own ways is draw moisture out of the basement membrane so that the uppermost layer of the cornea can adhere properly to it. RCEs are basically like little blisters. As we know, blisters make the skin on top weak. When the "blisters" are stuck to something, like an eyelid, they tear off and cause that tell-tale pain of an erosion.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum/dry-eye-talk-discussion-and-q-a/introduce-yourself/19760-recurrent-corneal-erosion

Salz 5% is also a Sodium chloride 5% - (Hypertonicity agent) like Muro that I have been using and prevented very good corneal oedema and RCEs.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:18:37 AM by Alex_Myopic »

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 02:27:34 PM »
Another guy reporting of having permanent better visual acuity after RCE!

" However, there is one possible 'side effect' which I read about and has since happened to me, and that is that my vision is actually slightly BETTER in my previously-affected eye to which I now apply Muro 128 ointment than in my non-affected eye. It is slight, but definitely noticeable. My doctor didn't believe me until he had me read the eye charts from across the room with each eye separately, and I was able to read an entire additional line of letters with my affected eye!"

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum/archive-disease-topics-related/recurrent-corneal-erosions-rces-and-corneal-dystrophies/4986-recurrent-corneal-erosion-sufferer/page4