Author Topic: Astigmatism  (Read 198 times)

Offline graeme

Astigmatism
« on: June 23, 2020, 11:10:21 AM »
I first tried in 2014, and my vision improved. But I hit a wall after Warby Parker started requiring prescriptions for lenses, so I could no longer easily get new lenses as my prescription decreased. I put things aside for a while.

However, trouble struck in early 2018, as I started developing astigmatism in my right eye. It has worsened now. I am not sure if eye exercises caused it, or if it is natural degeneration. The last time I got a prescription (last year), the OD was somewhat improved from prior measures, but the astigmatism was there. The net result currently is my vision is quite a bit worse, as astigmatism makes things blurry even at near distances.

Fortunately it isn't that large, only 0.5-0.75 or so. A bit hard to tell as I can't measure at optometrist due to pandemic.

My question is: what would everyone recommend for attempting to fix this? With myopia, it's clear to just read things at a distance, get lots of sunlight, look in the distance, etc. I am less sure if there's anything to do to fix astigmatism.

Appreciate your thoughts!