Author Topic: Llanero's Obese to Normal Thread  (Read 7129 times)

Offline Llanero

Re: Llanero's Obese to Normal Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 07:46:47 AM »
Ok all, time for another update.  Over due?  Yeah I know, I am way behind on my goals now.  This moring my wieght was 192.0. That is certainly not where I had hoped to be by this time but it is halfway to my goal.  I have lost 20 pounds since I started.  That is just almost %10 of my starting body weight.

There have been challenges.  For one, the gout came back big time.  I had a series of severe attacks and had to find a way to manage it.  I found a simple, cheap, and easy way to deal with it.  I won't bore you with the details but if anyone is interested I will be happy to share it.

Also, I hit a plateau that I just could not break.  My weight has only started decreasing again in the last few weeks since I made changes to my eating schedule.

One neat thing that I have now is a scale that automatically logs and graphs my data on a website.  Maybe I will post some screens later when there is enough data to be interesting and I have some pretty graphs.

Offline Jbird

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »
Congratulations on your progress! It sounds like you are figuring out what works for you. I'm curious about the changes you made to your eating schedule. Do they have to do with intermittent fasting? I've heard that a lot of positive health changes kick in when you lose 10% of your body weight, so I hope you are feeling good about what you have achieved to date and will try not to be so hard on yourself for losing more slowly than you intended. And thanks for the update!

Offline Llanero

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 07:08:46 AM »
Well, today was another important day.  Today I weighed in the 170's ;D

My weight was 179.9, just ever so barely in the 170's, but it counts.  Down 32 pounds from my high. :o

To Jbird,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.  The changes I made were with the intermittent fasting.  I basically increased the fasting time compared to the feeding time.  So longer fasting periods. 

Offline Jbird

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
Hi, congratulations on getting into the 170s! Thanks for confirming what method you are using. When I went back and read your earlier posts, I saw you were doing intermittent fasting. I'm glad that's working for you! Are you still doing the cold showers too? I continue to maintain my goal weight with intermittent fasting, but I'm always interested in others' success and what works for them, so thanks for sharing your progress!

Offline Llanero

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 09:42:30 AM »
Hi, congratulations on getting into the 170s! Thanks for confirming what method you are using. When I went back and read your earlier posts, I saw you were doing intermittent fasting. I'm glad that's working for you! Are you still doing the cold showers too? I continue to maintain my goal weight with intermittent fasting, but I'm always interested in others' success and what works for them, so thanks for sharing your progress!

I quit doing the cold showers this summer.  I tested the water temperature in my shower and the "cold" wasn't really all that cold.  It may be colder now since it's winter but I haven't tested it.

Offline Jbird

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
Hi, thanks for responding to my question. I couldn't get into cold showers myself, but apparently both cold temps and exercise increase brown fat, according to an article by Gina Kolata in yesterday's New York Times. I exercise outdoors through the winter, so I'm hoping I get the dual benefit. Wishing you all the best as you continue your weight loss adventure!