Author Topic: Forum Activity  (Read 7351 times)

Offline AnaGrey

• Water is life. ;)
    • http://aquaponicsgrowingtips.com/
Re: Forum Activity
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
This really is a problem, I come here almost everyday but all I see are Otis and Todd.
:/
"Take every success in life as a reward for hard work. And take every failure as a challenge to be better" - Anonymous

http://aquaponicsgrowingtips.com/

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Hi Ana,

You should include Alex_myopic, Hans, Capitol..., and a few others.  Most people are very timid.  Most people FEAR any one who advocates deep change in medicine.
I would personally be looking for success, as stated by Todd, and Shadowfoot, and the most honest and accurate process of STARTING a pure-prevention program.  But all responsibility must be placed on the person himself - after a good education.  The people who are successful, (by always passing the 20/30 line), simply do not bother "posting here" anymore.  Why?  Because it is a waste of their time.

They KNOW they are objectively successful, but they also know that NO ONE WILL BELIEVE THEM. 

That is why they no longer post here.

This really is a problem, I come here almost everyday but all I see are Otis and Todd.
:/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:42:26 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline AnaGrey

• Water is life. ;)
    • http://aquaponicsgrowingtips.com/
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 11:34:01 PM »
Sorry, it's only you guys I noticed most, and who responds to me. XD
"Take every success in life as a reward for hard work. And take every failure as a challenge to be better" - Anonymous

http://aquaponicsgrowingtips.com/

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 10:55:31 AM »
Hi Shadowfoot,

I know you were successful because you did not "hold back" from wearing a plus all the time, until you exceeded the 20/20 line (refractive state 0.0 diopters).  But you ask the question, why are people so timid and afraid to do anything, in an intelligent, wise and organized fashion, as in science?  I have no answer - but I can provide some quotes - as to why so few people can face science and facts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

THE COURAGE TO SUCCEED

The sea is dangerous and its storms terrible, but these obstacles have never been sufficient reason to remain ashore … unlike the mediocre, intrepid spirits seek victory over those things that seem impossible … it is with an iron will that they embark on the most daring of all endeavors … to meet the shadowy future without fear and conquer the unknown.

Ferdinand Magellan

THE ESSENCE OF ACHIEVEMENT

The credit belongs to those people who are actually in the arena … who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions to a worthy cause, who at best, know the triumph of high achievement; and who, at worst, fail while daring greatly … so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

FOUNDATION OF EXCELLENCE

Tentative efforts lead to tentative outcomes. Therefore give yourself fully to your endeavors. Decide to construct your character through excellent actions and determine to pay the price of a worthy goal. The trials you encounter will introduce you to your strengths. Remain steadfast … and one day you will build something that endures; something worthy of your potential.

Epictetus, Philosopher, 55-135 AD

^^^^^^^

You will be successful with plus-prevention for the rest of your future life - I have no doubt about it.  I only advocate prevention for those with a mild prescription, and for those who see prevention as an intellectual challenge - as you did.  But for everyone else - I have no explanation as to why they are too timid to think, or to much in fear - to anything as difficult as prevention.

How is it that there are over a thousand members registered on this forum, and yet over half of the posts ever made have been from five of them? Why do so many people sign up and then never post? I have been talking with Todd a little bit about trying to get more activity on the forum here, but there is only so much I can think of. So to the rest of you, if you are even still here, why don't you post more often? What are some ways that this forum could become a more interesting place?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 10:59:06 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:22 PM »
It is great when a person of deep scientific wisdom and fortitude does not "whine" about wearing a plus.

Instead, Shadowfoot, did not complain about wearing the plus - understood the purposes -- and kept on doing it until
he objectively exceeded the 20/20 line.

In fact, good success, is getting into the 20/30 to 20/20 range.

Why can't other people do that, or understand that?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:45:25 PM by OtisBrown »