Author Topic: The Secret of Perfect Vision  (Read 38741 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Re: The Secret of Perfect Vision
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 05:19:32 AM »
Hi Steven,

You ask me about "cure".  I am not a medical person, so I can not use the word "cure" - I hope you  understand.

Since you KNOW you can't wear a +2.5 D, (because of total blur), why do you ask the question?  I do not now of any way to "speed" anything up.

I don't make 'claims', but encourage pilots who have some possibility of objective success, to begin wearing a plus before their Snellen goes below 20/60 - as stated on my site:

http://myopiafree.i-see.org/

If you are interested in hypothetical prevention (for pilots) - then send me an email.

Otis

Hi Steven,

From what you have told me, I do not see how you could wear a +2.5 diopter.  Have I missed something?

What is a reasonable suggestion is to wear no lens for computer work - at this time.

Otis

Dear Otis Brown, i have two additional questions.

1. If i use a +2.5 or more all day long, and avoid the minus lens completely, would that cure my myopia the fastest way possible ?

2. The higher the plus on the glasses the faster my myopia will be reversed ?

Thank you in advance.

You are absolutely right. You didn't missed anything.
I was asking hypothetically.
In principle, if i use a strong plus, every day, while doing nothing at all (since i would not see anything), would that cure myopia the fastest way possible ?

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 10:39:06 AM »
Steve,

If you ask me about the "public" and the wise use of the plus - you will find the public TOTALLY HOSTILE to any OD who recommends the continued use of the plus - when your Snellen goes below 20/50.  When a person (with strong motivation) wears a plus 2.5 diopters - with long-term commitment, he can become successful.  Here is the commentary:

http://myopiafree.i-see.org/prent.txt

I truly wish we were OFFERED THIS PREVENTIVE APPROACH, but it is very clear that virtually no one will take it seriously when they are at -1.0 diopters and 20/60.

Does this help you understanding?

Offline Steven

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »
Hi Steven,

Since you KNOW you can't wear a +2.5 D, (because of total blur), why do you ask the question?  I do not now of any way to "speed" anything up.

Because i could do an effort and use a big plus lens all day long to cut some more diopters from my myopic eye before i get the under-corrective lens.

The reshaping of the eyes takes some considerable time, but you can hurry things up by putting an extra strong plus lens and going for a walk in the park for example. Or staying as a 'vegetable' at home or in the park while using a stronger plus all day long.

Does this help you understanding?

Yes, It does help me understand.

So this is what i will do :

1 As soon as i can read at more then 50 cm from computer screen, with my naked eyes, i will start using plus lenses to read at the edge of blur.

2. I will get the -2 glasses for both eyes, like you said Otis and use them only for activities where i require my eyes to focus not less then 1 meter away ( because the -2 glasses will make my eyes see perfect at 1 meter) ... [ -3 are my eyes now, with the 2 aid from glasses results in 1 diopter left untreated, meaning at 1 meter perfect vision. ]

Looking at anything below 1 meter will make my eyes more myopic with the -2 glasses.
Using correctly the -2, will keep the far images in blur and will prevent further deterioration of my eye.

3 Once my distance vision with the -2 glasses gets closer to 20/20 i will go for a -1 lens.

I will use a plus lens indoors for reading, computer work. I will avoid minus lens indoors except for television. I will use no glasses or a small plus lens when going in the park. I will use the minus lens only for critical work at the job.

Is my judgement correct ?

Thank you !

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 07:45:56 AM »
Dear Steve,

This is *MY* objective understanding of a minus lens.  Yes, a minus lens DOES make your distant vision extremely sharp, in an office, in several minutes.  The ODs tell me that ANY wearing of a minus "has no effect", and is "perfectly safe".  Here is what pure science shows.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wildsoet/images/neg_lens_induce_myopia.swf

This is why I suggest avoiding the minus - as much as possible.  I very-wll understand the difficulties of doing that.

+++++

Yes, It does help me understand.  (Otis> Good, WRT difficuties, the PRENTICE statement convinced me no OD could help me.  His remarks that the "public" finds plus-prevention "tedious" explains why no OD will bother discussing this issue.

Steve> So this is what i will do :

1 As soon as i can read at more then 50 cm from computer screen, with my naked eyes, i will start using plus lenses to read at the edge of blur. (Otis> That is 20 inches.  When you can do that, your "calcuated" refractive state would be -2.0 diopters.  Let me add this "marker" for success.  When you begin to read the 20/60 line (most of letters) that indeed will be a "red letter day").

2. I will get the -2 glasses for both eyes, like you said Otis and use them only for activities where i require my eyes to focus not less then 1 meter away ( because the -2 glasses will make my eyes see perfect at 1 meter) ... [ -3 are my eyes now, with the 2 aid from glasses results in 1 diopter left untreated, meaning at 1 meter perfect vision. ]

Otis> This is where YOUR Snellen on the wall and YOUR "test" minus lens will help.  You MUST pass the 20/25 line though a minus that you select - to drive a car. This is indeed a matter of personal responsiblity.

Steve> Looking at anything below 1 meter will make my eyes more myopic with the -2 glasses.
Using correctly the -2, will keep the far images in blur and will prevent further deterioration of my eye.

Otis> When you CAN read the Computer with no lens - that is a big START.  You distant vision will still be blurred, so you will  use a -2 only when "looking" at objects beyond you screen. (yes this is a pain-in-the ass to do.)

3 Once my distance vision with the -2 glasses gets closer to 20/20 i will go for a -1 lens.

Otis>  That will be the plan.  It is a very slow process - of course.

I will use a plus lens indoors for reading, computer work. I will avoid minus lens indoors except for television. I will use no glasses or a small plus lens when going in the park. I will use the minus lens only for critical work at the job.

Steve> Is my judgement correct ?

Otis> That is a good approach.  But it is a slow process.  I think both of us understand how hard it is to sustain the motivation to keep the minus off the face when doing "near work".  I also hope you reach the point (in about six months) were you can begin to read the 20/70 and 20/60 lines on your "home Snellen".

Otis> In my opinion, you are trying to "reverse" the effect of wearing a strong minus - for years.  Feel free to post your experience as you go though this process.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
Dear Steve,

Subject: When Optometrists recommend the use of the plus (when you are at 20/40).

It is nice to KNOW that they do that.  I respect this person's intelligence - although she was not told WHY it would be wise to wear the plus for all close work.  (That WOULD take some time - but I think she would get the idea.)  If she was entering a four-year college (with 20/40) you could TELL HER that her vision would GO DOWN by -1.4 diopters in four year - if she did not continue the process  she is using. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWjnNM0VYM4&feature=related

As an engineer, (at 20/40, and -1.0 diopters) I would be certain to ask, "why is it necessary that I wear the plus", and "what are the consequences to me if I DO NOT WEAR the plus through the college years. 

As an engineer, I learned that if I want something done "RIGHT" - I have no choice at all, but to DO IT MYSELF.  I hope this helps your understanding of these issues.

Offline Steven

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 06:41:19 AM »
Otis,

I am going tomorrow (European time) to get the -2 lens spherical for both eyes with no cylindrical lens.

When i manage to get 20/20 with the -2 i will go again and buy a -1 spherical for both eyes.

Right now, at this very moment, according to my own measurements i am around -2.75 left eye and -3.25 right eye after several days of training.

Should i still go for the -2 ?

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 07:27:31 AM »
Hi Steven,

I think it is very important to do what I am doing in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cU-0onSvI

I am verifying BOTH my visual acuity, and my refractive STATE (in this case it is positive).

You should have a Snellen chart at 20 feet (as I do) and the lines marked so you can read them - in large letters.  It will be 'discouraging' at first.  But, I would count your success as the 1) Minimum minus you require to clear the 20/60 line.  (If it is -1 diopter, then that is a first stem.  2) I would find the minimum minus to clear the 20/40 line.  (Perhaps -2 diopters) 3) The minimum minus to clear the 20/25 line - as I use that for my test.

I show a VERY low-cost set-up.  My test lenses are also low-cost.  But the amount of DETERMINATION to do this work - is incredible. Both of us - had we been TAUGHT TO DO THIS when we were at 20/50 - would have gotten out of it in about six months - in my opinion. Here is some more commentary on your statements:

Otis,

I am going tomorrow (European time) to get the -2 lens spherical for both eyes with no cylindrical lens.

Otis> Good - you can check the above on your "home Snellen" - objectively.

When i manage to get 20/20 with the -2 i will go again and buy a -1 spherical for both eyes.

Otis> I would sincerely suggest the goal of reaching naked-eye 20/60 vision - as the best reasonable goal you can have.  Find, the minimum minus it takes to "clear" that 20/60 line.  If it is a -1.0 diopter, then that is the amount of "change" you need.  20/50 and 20/60 actually passes a few DMV tests (although I would never drive a car with 20/60 vision.)

Right now, at this very moment, according to my own measurements i am around -2.75 left eye and -3.25 right eye after several days of training.

Otis> Again the big mistake is to report a "prescription", never a Snellen reading.  Why not start reporting you Snellen, and then the minus lens.

Otis> I am a great believer in "personal measurement, and personal experimentation".  These steps are very simple, and very wise.  Why not?

Should i still go for the -2 ?

Otis> Not until you report your naked eye at 20/60.  There is indeed a "balance" here.  Keep on working - this is frustrating indeed!!

Offline Steven

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2013, 08:09:21 AM »
My naked eye can read the 20/60 line (no squinting) but the image is blurry.
i just need 10 seconds to focus the chart and i can say the letters at 20/60 with no glasses.

Great video by the way !

So at 20/60 what lens should i take tomorrow ?

I only have a -1.25 at home to test tonight (my mother's glasses)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:18:49 AM by Steven »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:51 AM »
Hi Steve,

In my opinion - that is the FIRST major step into OBJECTIVE MEASUREMENTS.  This is SCIENCE and ENGINEERING - never 'medicine'.

You future "improvements" must be judged relative to that 20/60 line.  It does not matter if it is "blurry", only that you read it - as your official Visual Acuity.  Since I know you read 20/60, I suspect you can read you computer at 20 inches, with no lens.  It that correct? Try it - and see.

With 20/60, you can probably watch the TV at 4 feet, OK, with no lens.  At 20/60 you can "work around the house" with no lens. (Yes, you will have to "squint" for some things, but that's OK also.  These are ALL PERSONAL JUDGMENTS ON YOUR PART.  They are easy - but most people "panic" when they stop wearing the minus (most of the time).

I am glad you checked - so know you know!  Keep up the resolve.

How should you use the -1.25 lenses have at home.  Read the 20/60 line, with naked eyes. Then hold up the -1.25 diopter and read the line where you can "make out" 60 percent of the letters.

Report the result here:

Thanks!

My naked eye can read the 20/60 line (no squinting) but the image is blurry.
i just need 10 seconds to focus the chart and i can say the letters at 20/60 with no glasses.

Great video by the way !

So at 20/60 what lens should i take tomorrow ?

I only have a -1.25 at home to test tonight (my mother's glasses)

Offline Steven

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »
You are correct i can read computer now at 20 inches, i can watch TV at 4 feet. I never use minus glasses inside home.

I want to get rid of all myopia, no matter what.

I will report as soon as my mother gets home. In 30 minutes probably.

Thank you !
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:53:49 AM by Steven »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »
Dear Steve,
I am an engineer - and try to be as honest and objective as I can.  Prevention is truly difficult.  What you READ IS OBJECTIVE.

I know that the typical OD wants to give  you incredibly sharp vision (which means that children get a -4.0 diopter lens -when they can still read the 20/60 line.  From pure science, we know that the minus has an adverse effect on the refractive STATE of all natural eyes - tragically.

What you do - in the future - is up to you.  But you must be objective, and as far as I am concerned must make this critical choice - yourself.

I suspect on your "home Snellen" (that I hope you have set-up and marked as I have marked mine) that you can read the 20/40 line though that -1.25 diopter lens.  You will find out OBJECTIVELY by checking yourself.

If that is the case, let us know.  You can then plan your "visual acuity" future from that point on.

Having a "permanent Snellen" set up, will enable YOU to "see" improvements.  That is what I do, so I don't have an OD TELL me my "vision is bad" - or issues of that nature.

Offline Steven

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »
Dear Steve,
I am an engineer - and try to be as honest and objective as I can.  Prevention is truly difficult.  What you READ IS OBJECTIVE.

I know that the typical OD wants to give  you incredibly sharp vision (which means that children get a -4.0 diopter lens -when they can still read the 20/60 line.  From pure science, we know that the minus has an adverse effect on the refractive STATE of all natural eyes - tragically.

What you do - in the future - is up to you.  But you must be objective, and as far as I am concerned must make this critical choice - yourself.

I suspect on your "home Snellen" (that I hope you have set-up and marked as I have marked mine) that you can read the 20/40 line though that -1.25 diopter lens.  You will find out OBJECTIVELY by checking yourself.

If that is the case, let us know.  You can then plan your "visual acuity" future from that point on.

Having a "permanent Snellen" set up, will enable YOU to "see" improvements.  That is what I do, so I don't have an OD TELL me my "vision is bad" - or issues of that nature.

Dear Otis,
I made the test. I used the same setup like you.

I can indeed read all the letters in 20/40 line through the -1.25 lens. The line is very blurry.

If i squint i can even read the 20/25 line.

What lens do i need to order ?
( A -1.75 maybe  ? )

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:46:08 AM by Steven »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 12:14:23 PM »
Hi Steven,

Remember, I provide advice only on the basis that *I* would do it.

Yes, I would order -1.75 diopter SPHERICAL, and that should guarantee that I pass the REQUIRED 20/40 line.  I don't consider my own measurements to be medical - in any sense of the word.

Again, clearing off 1.25 diopters (to read the 20/40 naked eye) is a VERY SLOW PROCESS.  You ALONE can judge this process.  But a major step is to be able to function (at home) with no  minus lens on your face.  If you manage to "get alone" in this way for the next six months (with outdoor exercise) I think you will clear the 20/50 and 20/40 lines. 

I order all my "test lenses" and glasses from Zennioptical.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_u39cB27bg

This is a slow process - so be prepared.

Otis

Dear Steve,
I am an engineer - and try to be as honest and objective as I can.  Prevention is truly difficult.  What you READ IS OBJECTIVE.

I know that the typical OD wants to give  you incredibly sharp vision (which means that children get a -4.0 diopter lens -when they can still read the 20/60 line.  From pure science, we know that the minus has an adverse effect on the refractive STATE of all natural eyes - tragically.

What you do - in the future - is up to you.  But you must be objective, and as far as I am concerned must make this critical choice - yourself.

I suspect on your "home Snellen" (that I hope you have set-up and marked as I have marked mine) that you can read the 20/40 line though that -1.25 diopter lens.  You will find out OBJECTIVELY by checking yourself.

If that is the case, let us know.  You can then plan your "visual acuity" future from that point on.

Having a "permanent Snellen" set up, will enable YOU to "see" improvements.  That is what I do, so I don't have an OD TELL me my "vision is bad" - or issues of that nature.

Dear Otis,
I made the test. I used the same setup like you.

I can indeed read all the letters in 20/40 line through the -1.25 lens. The line is very blurry.

If i squint i can even read the 20/25 line.

What lens do i need to order ?
( A -1.75 maybe  ? )

Thank you.

Offline Steven

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »
Thank you so much Otis.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I hope one day all people in the world will manage to learn how to maintain proper visual habits.

This evil medical establishment must go away forever. All they care is about money.

Check your private message inbox.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 05:07:23 PM »
Dear Steven,

Subject: Using "measurement terms" to describe my refractive state - as self-measured positive, or negative.

There are optometrists, and medical people who have SUGGESTED prevention at the -1.0 and 20/40 stage.  When they tell this to parents, or ATTEMPT TO PROMOTE IT, they are told by their "other" medical people that the PUBLIC (You and I) WILL NOT *STAND FOR IT*!!!

No, they are not "evil", but prevention is difficult, and depends exclusively on the intelligence and "enlightened" self-motivation of the person himself.  It a way they are "beat down" by the profound ignorance of the "public" that "walks in off the street".  That would be OK by me, UNTIL THEY START TELLING ME THE MINUS IS PERFECTLY SAFE, AND HAS NO ADVERSE EFFECT ON ALL NATURAL EYES.  Making that type of false scientific statement - is indeed evil.  Because it prevents an HONEST SCIENTIFIC REVIEW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF PREVENTION AT THE 20/40 LEVEL. 

You have take that "first step" - and a journey of 1,000 miles begins with but a single step.  This is a complete LEARNING process - and I am certain you will do your own research.

It was important to me that my "blood relatives" have the information they needed for prevention.  I think (where possible) a family member should help (but that is rare).  My site, "Myopia Free", should be stated as "Preventing entry into myopia - for free".  I can't say a lot of "getting out of it", but the idea of being wise (at 20/40, and -1 diopter) is free, and if you get OUT OF IT, you are FREE OF MYOPIA.

Keep on posting your experience.  Let me remind all who read this - that you started at -4.0 diopters, and are 24 years old.  You are now able to read the REQUIRED DMV line (20/40) through a -1.75 diopter lens. 

As you might know, a medical doctor, Nate, is aware of this problem - will have his commentary in due course.

Thanks,

Otis

Thank you so much Otis.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I hope one day all people in the world will manage to learn how to maintain proper visual habits.

This evil medical establishment must go away forever. All they care is about money.

Check your private message inbox.