Author Topic: The Secret of Perfect Vision  (Read 39193 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Re: The Secret of Perfect Vision
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
Steven,

Subject:  FEARS - and a listing of them.  You are right to have fears - so  you can over-come them as I do.

Otis> Question:  Does your "near" vision truly LOOK THAT BAD? My "near" vision is excellent, never like that.  Please check OBJECTIVELY.  If you can't read anything "near" then you truly have a serious problem - that is not "astigmatic.

Otis> In my opinion, the video is not correct. it is misleading.  A person, for instance, with 20/20 vision, and -1.0 diopters of astigmatism, would read clearly at 20 inches.  The video is simply a distortion about that issue.

Steven> Can you confirm Otis, that the information in the video i showed to you, presents the real cause of astigmatism and the fix they present is the right one ?

Otis> I don't agree with the video.  I think you are making a mistake if you believe in that video - that's just my opinion. 

Otis> Further, most people who get to 20/40, and then to 20/20, find that their astigmatism - is almost gone.  You had better concentrate on getting your refractive STATE to change by +3/4 diopters, to pass the 20/40 line on your own Snellen.  I have developed a video on that subject, and will post it when I can get it up-loaded.

FEARS, PART 2:

As you mentioned, FEAR of an developing a detached retina (from negative-lens induced myopia) is my "fear".  But I always believe in presenting KNOW FACTS - as in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLv7BIxnIU

Steven - I don't "kid around" about this behavior of all natural eyes.  It is fear of that over-prescribed minus, that motivates me to wear the plus, even when I PASS the 20/20 line.

But each of us must "face our fears" and act intelligently for prevention - before our Snellen goes below 20/60 - in my opinion.

Otis

Offline Steven

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:33 PM »
Steven,

Subject:  FEARS - and a listing of them.  You are right to have fears - so  you can over-come them as I do.

Otis> Question:  Does your "near" vision truly LOOK THAT BAD? My "near" vision is excellent, never like that.  Please check OBJECTIVELY.  If you can't read anything "near" then you truly have a serious problem - that is not "astigmatic.

Otis> In my opinion, the video is not correct. it is misleading.  A person, for instance, with 20/20 vision, and -1.0 diopters of astigmatism, would read clearly at 20 inches.  The video is simply a distortion about that issue.

Steven> Can you confirm Otis, that the information in the video i showed to you, presents the real cause of astigmatism and the fix they present is the right one ?

Otis> I don't agree with the video.  I think you are making a mistake if you believe in that video - that's just my opinion.  

Otis> Further, most people who get to 20/40, and then to 20/20, find that their astigmatism - is almost gone.  You had better concentrate on getting your refractive STATE to change by +3/4 diopters, to pass the 20/40 line on your own Snellen.  I have developed a video on that subject, and will post it when I can get it up-loaded.

FEARS, PART 2:

As you mentioned, FEAR of an developing a detached retina (from negative-lens induced myopia) is my "fear".  But I always believe in presenting KNOW FACTS - as in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLv7BIxnIU

Steven - I don't "kid around" about this behavior of all natural eyes.  It is fear of that over-prescribed minus, that motivates me to wear the plus, even when I PASS the 20/20 line.

But each of us must "face our fears" and act intelligently for prevention - before our Snellen goes below 20/60 - in my opinion.

Otis

OK.

1. I overcome all my fears. I want to think of myself as being a strong rational person.
2. I see perfectly near. I do have some astigmatism that is OBJECTIVELY around -1 not -1.5 like my prescription says.
3. I do not believe that video is correct, that is why i asked you personally to tell me what you think of it. Thank you for doing that.
4. I will concentrate exclusively to cure myopia and will ignore astigmatism.
5. Tested my Snellen - i can almost see the 20/50 (not squinting). And the 20/60 line is more clear.

Thank you again. Your feedback is extremely valuable.

Avoiding any minus and wearing a strong plus several times a day really accelerates everything.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 12:25:25 PM by Steven »

Offline Steven

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2013, 12:36:48 PM »
Squinting i can see 20/40. But that doesn't count.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 12:44:41 PM »
Hi Steven,

Subject:  A video for you - and remarks about people who have posted on Todd's site.

I am "driven" by my own curiosity, and by the experience of those few ODs who recognized that the eye was in fact DYNAMIC, and that NO OD IN HIS OFFICE CAN EVER HELP YOU - SORRY TO SAY.

Todd created two "lists" or "blogs" on this issue of self-motivation and wearing a plus.  Almost always the person would either, 1) Get tired, 2) Become terrible fearful of wearing a plus 3) Have no REAL INTEREST in the true difficulties of prevntion. 4) Never looked at a Snellen, etc.

This is why I restrict to people like myself - who can be told scientific truth (video of the primate eye), and the SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT DEVELOPS IF YOU START WEARING A MINUS ALL THE TIME.  I know that "recovery" is very slow - I never deny it.  Also, you will not see "results" on your Snellen for about two months.  Repeated "glancing" at your Snellen is REQUIRED, in your own mind, to get the AVERAGE line you read.  NO OD CAN DO THIS FOR YOU - so you must do it yourself.  Gradually, the AVERAGE line you read will change (since you are avoiding wearing the minus most of the time.  Only AFTER you  personally confirm this - will you BELIEVE IT.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqUYXLOt2I8

It takes fortitude to do this. Feel free to add your own commentary to the video.

Otis

Offline Steven

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »
Hi Steven,

Subject:  A video for you - and remarks about people who have posted on Todd's site.

I am "driven" by my own curiosity, and by the experience of those few ODs who recognized that the eye was in fact DYNAMIC, and that NO OD IN HIS OFFICE CAN EVER HELP YOU - SORRY TO SAY.

Todd created two "lists" or "blogs" on this issue of self-motivation and wearing a plus.  Almost always the person would either, 1) Get tired, 2) Become terrible fearful of wearing a plus 3) Have no REAL INTEREST in the true difficulties of prevntion. 4) Never looked at a Snellen, etc.

This is why I restrict to people like myself - who can be told scientific truth (video of the primate eye), and the SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT DEVELOPS IF YOU START WEARING A MINUS ALL THE TIME.  I know that "recovery" is very slow - I never deny it.  Also, you will not see "results" on your Snellen for about two months.  Repeated "glancing" at your Snellen is REQUIRED, in your own mind, to get the AVERAGE line you read.  NO OD CAN DO THIS FOR YOU - so you must do it yourself.  Gradually, the AVERAGE line you read will change (since you are avoiding wearing the minus most of the time.  Only AFTER you  personally confirm this - will you BELIEVE IT.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqUYXLOt2I8

It takes fortitude to do this. Feel free to add your own commentary to the video.

Otis

I completely agree with you. Most people never try anything. They are just wasting the time of others who want to help them.

I am thinking of making a site for the country where i live, in my native language about all this. People need to know and never force their children to become myopic like me.

I have a strong will. I will go to 20/20. There is no going back for me.

Offline Steven

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 12:23:42 AM »
Tested my Snellen this morning. I had several flashes of clear sight where i could see the 20/50 very clear, almost seeing the 20/40 line with both eyes opened.

This would put me around -2.25, from the -2.50 scored at the beginning of January.

Offline Steven

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:03 AM »
Hi Otis again,

I recently saw an online shop here in my country from where i can order glasses with up to +3.75 cylindrical lenses.

Would a plus cylindrical lens have the same effect on an "minus astigmatic eye" the same way a plus spherical lens has an effect on "myopia" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astigmatism_%28eye%29

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:44 AM »

Hi Steven,

I have no interest in putting myself into a -3.5 diopter astigmatic lens, when I have naked-eye 20/20 vision. But if you would like to try it, by all means order the lens.

Hi Otis again,

I recently saw an online shop here in my country from where i can order glasses with up to +3.75 cylindrical lenses.

Would a plus cylindrical lens have the same effect on an "minus astigmatic eye" the same way a plus spherical lens has an effect on "myopia" ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astigmatism_%28eye%29

Offline PROH

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 11:00:35 PM »
Hi Steven

First we have to understand how cylinderical power is measured & what is different between -/+ cylinderical power .

As per my understanding with an example assume some one is having following prescription

-2sph -1 cyl X degree = (-2-1)sph +1 cyl (X+90)degree= -3 +1CYL (X+90)degree

Another example is
Notation Spherical Cylindrical Axis
Plus-cylinder notation +2.00 +1.00 150°
Minus-cylinder notation +3.00 −1.00 60°

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyeglass_prescription

Cyliderical power is nothing but gives a favour in a particular axis . A simple way to reduce CLY power is to first try no cyl as suggested by Otis

Proh

Offline Steven

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 05:24:21 AM »
I see, so minus cylindrical lens for horizontal astigmatism. Plus cylindrical lens for vertical astigmatism.

Not the same way the normal + - work.

Offline PROH

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
No steven

you can have either plus or minus for astimation. the difference is plus & minus will always have 90 degree phase shift & according to their cyl power adjustment in sph power

Proh

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »

Proh,

Subject: ODs and MDs supporting plus prevention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuMKV0_rV64

The "brave" one point out the "deadly" bad habit of children that PRODUCES negative status.  But it is good to hear him SAY IT.

If you wear the plus, you can "slow it down" - but with even greater parental support, when the child is at 20/40 and "gets the idea", he can wear the plus with "no minus on top".  That will prevent it - but it also means long-term wearing of the plus by the child.  I am certain that everyone will "choke" on that suggestion.

But it turns out - it is truly and absolutely necessary.

We live in a "near world" of reading - but, it we understand that our eyes REQUIRE continuous DISTANT VISION, (and the plus does THAT for our eyes - as simple optics), the we can read and keep our refractive state at zero. This is truly a "learning process", with no "excessive claims ever made by me.

I don't mind PAYING to have some one do this for me - but that has never "worked".  You have to do it yourself - always.

No steven

you can have either plus or minus for astimation. the difference is plus & minus will always have 90 degree phase shift & according to their cyl power adjustment in sph power

Proh

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 04:52:41 AM »
For Steven,

I do provide "my opinion", and respect how difficult "just prevention" is, or will be for anyone in the 20/60 to 20/50 range.  I accept that, "success" is to reach a point were I begin to pass, or read the 20/40 line (most letters).  But that does take time, and long-term persistence.  Peter G. is still going through this process.
+++++
Steven:

OK.

1. I overcome all my fears. I want to think of myself as being a strong rational person.
2. I see perfectly near. I do have some astigmatism that is OBJECTIVELY around -1 not -1.5 like my prescription says.
3. I do not believe that video is correct, that is why i asked you personally to tell me what you think of it. Thank you for doing that.
4. I will concentrate exclusively to cure myopia and will ignore astigmatism.
5. Tested my Snellen - i can almost see the 20/50 (not squinting). And the 20/60 line is more clear.

Thank you again. Your feedback is extremely valuable.

Avoiding any minus and wearing a strong plus several times a day really accelerates everything.
+++++
If you a "lucky" enough to still read the 20/40 line, then you can avoid the minus.  Here is a "chart" of what happens to children who do not wear the plus:

http://myopiafree.i-see.org/soonicansee/index.html

I see "prevention" as a long-term process that is deeply understood by the person himself.  A child could not "understand" this issue, but I think a young man could understand it.  There is no "secret" to prevention.  It is basically a matter of hard-work - and long-term wearing of this plus.  This is why I suggest that you should plan on at least nine months of "plus wearing" - before you begin to see real results.

Otis

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2013, 04:04:16 AM »
Hi Steven, Peter, and Proh,

Subject: What some very bright people have been able to "figure out" concerning prevention (up to 20/50).

As always, no one can tell *YOU* what you should, or should not do.  Further, you can not *tell* a person to wear a plus - to the extent that is must be used to become successful.  Thus this type of solution must spring from the "internal intellect" of the person himself.  I hope you enjoy reading the logic and science in this man's success.

http://myopiafree.i-see.org/AboutUs.txt

It not so much that "prevention" is impossible - it is more that it depends completely on the scientific out-look of the person himself, and the great wisdom and resolve to actually DO IT.

Otis

Offline Steven

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »
No steven

Proh

I see. Thank you.
So i use no cylindrical power at all.

But is there any lens, for a minus cylinder eye, that could potentially accelerate things, like the plus spherical helps the myopic eye ?

http://www.preventmyopia.org/ebook/09chapter4.htm
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:43:44 AM by Steven »