Author Topic: A proposed PREVENTION study - for pilots.  (Read 1274 times)

Offline OtisBrown

A proposed PREVENTION study - for pilots.
« on: February 23, 2013, 08:13:16 AM »

Subject: Engineering, and pilots entering a four year college at 20/40 to 20/60.

I like to prepare a proposal that has a reasonable chance of succes - if the person himself can make himself succeesful.

Here is a proposal (based on a previous plus study conducted by Dr. Francis Young).

http://myopiafree.wordpress.com/book/

I restrict myself to people who have the motivation to be LEADING their own study - as scientists.

If you have commentary - let me know. 

Individual pilots (starting at 20/50, and -1 diopter) have made themselves successful.  This propsed study, could accomplish that result - in a more organized PROFESSIONAL manner.  This includes having EACH PILOT measure BOTH his visual acuity AND refrative state.  This would profoudly REDUCE the cost of the study.

Post your commentary here - if you are interested.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: A proposed PREVENTION study - for pilots.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »
Dear Friends,

The need for an "informed public" - is a major concern for all of us.  The issue of plus-prevention puts an optometrist between a "rock and a hard place".  He has the minus lens - which you love - and then he must tell you that it is a "bad idea".  What a contradiction - and it is not his fault.

http://www.chinamyopia.org/steveawakeeng.htm

In conversation with Steve - he knows the problem of "the public".  For his young daughter - he insists that she always wear the plus for all close work.  In my opinion, that is the only place that real "change" can take place.  I am very sympathetic to Steve Leung.  For a pilot who is mature in his judgment, and wishes to take-on the challenge of true-prevention, I believe that the future is bright.  That is why I prepared this "straw-man" proposal on my site - to support all professionals who will help with prevention.

The Lord helps those - who will FIRST help themselves.